Do you support hijabs?

Delirious

Do you supoort hijabs?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. And why?

• Yes
    • No

On 9/28/2022 at 9:16 PM, Hurem said:

No, because it’s inherently misogynistic.

like what's not clicking??? They were invented by men to suppress women. 

BuT wOmEn ChOosE TO wEaR ThEm :isudumblmao:     No they don't, they are just made to believe that its part of who they are as a culture, and that without it they are not good people. 

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Delirious

• Luckitty

• Communion

• SmittenCake

4 hours ago, Bacardo Royale said:

As long as it's not forced

No woman would choose such a denigrating piece of clothing if they had all the right knowledge and points of view that they were deprived from since they were born. 

It should be the womans choice if she wants to wear it and it shouln't be forced. i know a few people who were raised in christian/athiest housholds and in a western country who choose to wear it, because it makes them feel closer to their god and i dont have a problem with that. the ideaology behind it is a bit weird and how a man doesn't have to cover up or anything but at the end of the day it isn't really my business what a muslim woman wants to do with her body and if it makes her feel better, free, and happier than good for them.

Edited by punisher

I don't care

I don't want to meddle with Islam and I for sure don't want Islam to impose their rules on me. that's all

Yes. I believe it's a beautiful thing tbh. If someone is muslim and expresses that, why would you actively not support it? Isnt that what being tolerant is about? 

21 hours ago, Delirious said:

Girl you literally made a post a few months ago targeting an individual Chinese person for their poor behaviour. You arent as innocent as you claim to be.

The original title of this thread. Your purposely put Chinese man in the title to slam Chinese people as a whole for this individual. Why else would you do it?

I already called you out on it and you never replied. I mean just look at the things you post. 50% of it is about China. You clearly feel some type of way against Chinese people so your whole essay aint gonna work honey.

I made that thread because someone made a thread about the original topics months ago and I posted an update. You are LYING about my intentions. You keep making these outlandish claims but can never back them. I've only ever spoken out against the CCP and CCP thugs. Nothing else. You trying to paint me as a racist, which is what you are, to hide your islamaphobia is hubris. But keep em coming so I can compile more and more evidence of your hate speech. 

13 hours ago, Rith said:

this "being able to wear my middle-ages headwear is freedom" bullshit 

and so is being nude to plenty of women womp womp womp

1 hour ago, SmittenCake said:

I made that thread because someone made a thread about the original topics months ago and I posted an update. You are LYING about my intentions. You keep making these outlandish claims but can never back them. I've only ever spoken out against the CCP and CCP thugs. Nothing else. You trying to paint me as a racist, which is what you are, to hide your islamaphobia is hubris. But keep em coming so I can compile more and more evidence of your hate speech. 

:bibliahh::rip: #obsessed

You still didnt answer why you specifically chose to add 'Chinese man' do the title. :monkey:

Its so funny how you say Im making outlandish claims calling you a racist and yet here you are calling me a racist. Make it make sense. :bibliahh:

Lovely illustration by an exmuslim woman :clap3:

Men on ATRL, in Iran and around the world, should stop telling women what they can or can't wear.

9 minutes ago, Letemtalk said:

Men on ATRL, in Iran and around the world, should stop telling women what they can or can't wear.

This is a liberal thinking point. Its not men who determine these laws for women. And women in Islam cant worship their husbands or any men for that matter. They can only worship God. In accordance to Islam, once ur a muslim, it's an obligation from God for every woman to wear the hijab. It's an act of submission. In Islam people don't 'own' their own bodies, you basically suppress your free will to do whatever God asks from you. But like many people fail to realize, Its not allowed to murder women over their clothing. Obviously. The current regime in Iran isnt based on Sharia. Its a capitalist government who dont implement Islamic law actually. Morality police isnt a core tenet of Islam.

Edited by KatyPrismSpirit

54 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

This is a liberal thinking point. Its not men who determine these laws for women. And women in Islam cant worship their husbands or any men for that matter. They can only worship God. In accordance to Islam, once ur a muslim, it's an obligation from God for every woman to wear the hijab. It's an act of submission. In Islam people don't 'own' their own bodies, you basically suppress your free will to do whatever God asks from you. But like many people fail to realize, Its not allowed to murder women over their clothing. Obviously. The current regime in Iran isnt based on Sharia. Its a capitalist government who dont implement Islamic law actually. Morality police isnt a core tenet of Islam.

Lots of words, but you didn't state whether you agreed or not.

Just now, Letemtalk said:

Lots of words, but you didn't state whether you agreed or not.

why would that matter? im just stating the objective truth about the rulings of hijab. I previously stated that i think hijab is a beautiful thing. I see no reason as to why anyone would actively be against it?Being against something that isnt from a liberal thinking point is intolerant. Islam is anything but liberal so these things dont co-incide as many of the people here think it does. 

On 9/28/2022 at 3:04 PM, Khal said:

No, it's just another stupid tool used by religion to oppress.

But if the women themselves who are most affected by it want to continue wearing them, who am I to care? :clown:

This. I’m kind of done with society saying okay to throwing critical thought out the window. Especially when it comes to something truly used to oppress and put women in a lower position. 

4 hours ago, Letemtalk said:

Those very women were told by men who want to oppress them :rip: but go ahead, romanticize oppressing yourself as much as you like, it’s your choice 

Everything connected to religion is there to manipulate uneducated medieval people. So no, I'm not here for that.
Seeing a woman with hijab doesn't make me angry though.

16 hours ago, Delirious said:

:bibliahh::rip: #obsessed

You still didnt answer why you specifically chose to add 'Chinese man' do the title. :monkey:

Its so funny how you say Im making outlandish claims calling you a racist and yet here you are calling me a racist. Make it make sense. :bibliahh:

You claim I am obsessed, but you're the one pushing slanders and lies. I'm only adding this on my report and I'm discussing your racist behavior with ATRL higher-ups. Keep up with the scoffing attitude.

Yes I support women wearing hijabs. I have a lot of friend who wears them. They feel safe and they have their reasons to wear it and most of them have really nice personality.

However being forced to wear it is another case. Hijabs shouldnt be forced it is a faith thing and even if you have faith, wearing hijab is not the only way to show faith, I understand the people who may not feel comfortable to wear it in these times. I have also a lot of un-hijabi(?) friends who lives dress modestly and applies the rules of the islam more than the some hijabi girls.

The funny thing is there is a lot of dress code for muslim men to apply also but they dont seem to care. Men should cover the area from belly button to knees in public places but none of them follows this rule. But when it comes to women they became the best Muslims :skull:

Anyways I really appericiate people who have values and tries to live with their beliefs. And some of yall are islamophobic that need to be cured. I havent seen a dumbest thought that ''religious elements shouldn't be visible in public'' :skull: like who tf cares if no one is getting harmed.

Edited by Companion

7 hours ago, SmittenCake said:

You claim I am obsessed, but you're the one pushing slanders and lies. I'm only adding this on my report and I'm discussing your racist behavior with ATRL higher-ups. Keep up with the scoffing attitude.

I have to LAUGH. :bibliahh:

Youre literally projecting. Racist worried about getting exposed as a racist so they call other people racists. :bibliahh:

I mean if a friend wanted to wear one I’d support their choice, but the problem is the “choice” to wear a hijab or any religious head covering only exists because of centuries of religious dogma and sexism. So in general I don’t support the hijab or hijab-expansionist views. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.