Has Gaga surpassed Beyonce tour-wise?

MrDog

2 minutes ago, perfillusion said:

Nope, it's a pop culture forum. I will enjoy both music and movies from my fave. Versatility > being a basic pop tart. Gaga woulda smoked Beyonce if she'd done a ton of dates, and she'd do it with her own stardom, no assist needed from a PR marriage to a billionaire musician to boost her celebrity profile as one half of a "celebrity couple." Imagine if Beyonce didn't have that :rip:

The fumes. 

spacer.png

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shelter

• BeyColombia

• Oktober Knight

• Kisuke

1 minute ago, perfillusion said:

Nope, it's a pop culture forum. I will enjoy both music and movies from my fave. Versatility > being a basic pop tart. Gaga woulda smoked Beyonce if she'd done a ton of dates, and she'd do it with her own stardom, no assist needed from a PR marriage to a billionaire musician to boost her celebrity profile as one half of a "celebrity couple." Imagine if Beyonce didn't have that :rip:

Beyonce doesn’t need a “pr marriage/machine” to be the bigger and more successful star than Gaga :rip: Monsters brains truly have broken once they came to the realization that she will never match Beyonces career, and it’s sad. 

A “marriage to a billionaire” or whatever excuses y’all have cooked up your sleeves doesn’t get 12 MILLION people trying to get tickets to your tour :rip:

2 more Europe dates just announced, it brings Europe dates to 21, which is more than Gaga’s full tour.

spacer.png

Gaga woulda smoked Beyonce if she'd done a ton of dates”

That LM saying gaga would outgross beyonce if she had more dates :rip: they really live in a different reality

27 minutes ago, ASC said:

I mean one date $24 mln alone vs 20 date tour $112mln

It was also just one hour :gaycat7:

No but both still have impressive stats :clap3:I had an amazing time at the Chromatica Ball last summer and I know I will have an amazing time at the Renaissance tour later this year as well. Love these talented women. 

Uhhhhh.... Gaga has never been a bigger touring force than Beyonce at any time except for during the Monster Ball Tour.

Gaga is great but she's not commanding Beyonce numbers.

Edited by RiseAndShine

Not Liddos clinging onto last year's tour numbers like they did with Million Reasons :bibliahh:

Bey already stomped all over Chromatica Ball just from presales. Not bad for being an "irrelevant artist." 

9 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

Not Liddos clinging onto last year's tour numbers like they did with Million Reasons :bibliahh:

Bey already stomped all over Chromatica Ball just from presales. Not bad for being an "irrelevant artist." 

She probably out-grossed Chromatica x3 by now with Ren tour :redface:

2 hours ago, perfillusion said:

Why didn't she do a ton of dates? I imagine it has a little something to do with supply and demand. It also kills me the way y'all went from being stans of the woman who made sure to remind us "Pop music will never be low brow" to looking down on being a pop star just because her music career is middling.

Besides, no one would deign Bey a basic pop tart, considering she's the most acclaimed artist alive and people are flocking to her tour. 

3 minutes ago, Jjang said:

She probably out-grossed Chromatica x3 by now with Ren tour :redface:

:redface:

Bu...bu...but.... It was the biggest tour of 2022 

:redface:

2 hours ago, perfillusion said:

Gaga woulda smoked Beyonce if she'd done a ton of dates

She couldn't sell out the second date of the same London stadium Bey is performing 5 nights in :giraffe:

5 minutes ago, Jjang said:

She couldn't sell out the second date of the same London stadium Bey is performing 5 nights in :giraffe:

Really?

1 minute ago, Shelter said:

Really?

exactly... the first date was like 45k and the second like 41k 

4 hours ago, BeyColombia said:

Beyonce is about to outgross Gaga´s entire Europe leg with London... take several seats 

:lmao:

3 hours ago, perfillusion said:

The sad part is I really think in your mind you believe that :deadbanana4: Gaga could’ve added as many dates as she wanted and not only would she have not filled those stadiums but the grosses would’ve been embarrassing compared to Beyoncé. Know your place :priceless:

3 hours ago, perfillusion said:

Are you implying Beyoncé is a basic pop tart? The act that has put out three back-to-back nearly universally acclaimed pop albums, not just for their amazing music but the artistry she brought to the act of making pop, too?

It's really strange to say that Jay-Z is a contributing factor to her success when Destiny's Child was already an established pop act before he had his first #1 hit (with Mariah) and it was his collaboration with Beyoncé that gave him his second #1 hit in his then seven-album career. Jay-Z is for sure one of the most successful rappers of all time, but their union did more for his profile than Beyoncé's. From him she gleaned street cred, but street credit was not what made her a superstar in 2003, it was back-to-back pop hits.

Imagine if Beyoncé didn't have Jay-Z? What would have changed? She wouldn't have had the subject matter for Lemonade...okay, but what else?

Acting like her marriage to Jay-Z is what is selling this tour when both OTR tours sold well because of her involvement, not his (his tour right before OTRII made $48.7 for 33 dates)...well that is laughable.

Edited by swissman

I mean they both put on good shows so why are y'all so pressed?

4 hours ago, perfillusion said:

tumblr_ni2n5hfnbs1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

4 hours ago, perfillusion said:

Girl look at the total capacity of Gaga's venues and compare it with her turnout, she did great in some venues but struggled in others, she was doing venues with 50k+ capacity and most of the turnouts are in the 30k, there's absolutely no way she is going to outdo Beyoncé, please come back to Earth :skull:

Beyoncé has always been a bigger touring act though :rip:

Everybody already knew that the only reason Gaga had the #1 female tour last year was because Taylor Swift and Beyoncé weren't on the road.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.