Britney clarifies she wasn't shaming Xtina, apologizes and praises her

James_Dean

Of course Britney didn't mean anything by that post. Her REAL fans know it was about her own insecurities from the years of being under the conservatorship.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brainmaniac

• Communion

• KillingYourCareer

• Rev8

4 minutes ago, Souvenir said:

:skull: 

Again, the post before the one that got everyone upset was about how she noticed her team gave her more female dancers than she ever had on previous tours and other female pop stars have. And by nature of all that's happened to her, she feels it was done intentionally and was a way of her family trying to make her feel bad about herself. 

Someone give social media classes bc having good intentions isn't going to matter when you fumble the message.  That prior post came across as her body shaming both Xtina and her dancers even if she didn't mean it that way.  This is why people write books and have it reviewed and edited, to ensure what is written matches the message you're trying to convey. 

Brit's fans are saying anything to justify that post arent they :rip:

She’s probably dealing with body dysmorphia, I totally understand where she’s coming from, I hope people are kind to both beautiful women who have given us so much light and love! 

& Britney won’t ever be cancelled haters bye.

4 minutes ago, Brishka said:

Xtina looks like a fool now after unfollowing Brit over nothing.  

She should be grateful for that ounce of spotlight.  

No, she doesn't. I can see how Brit's message was misconstrued by her and her fans, especially as it was seen as an attack on her dancers/family. I'm really glad Britney clarified what she meant, because I agree that Christina has been gracious for a long while. They were both victims of abuse, as well as has been mentioned by Britney. Yeah, Xtina did quite a few shady things back then, but I am glad Britney has seen past that and also probably acknowledges the context of what Xtina, as her peer, was dealing as well with the media constantly setting them up as competitors. Sending love for both girls, rn. :heart:

I‘m glad she apologised and clarified what she meant. I hope that in the future she will be more careful about how her words might be perceived by others.

She is literally just a very lonely person who is desperate to find someone who can truly empathize with the experiences and resulting feelings and trauma she has had. I’m actually stunned that people thought she was going to come out of the conservatorship restrained and unemotional. If you can’t forgive Britney for being clumsy with her words, you never supported her freedom in the first place. 

Her peers, like Christina, should be reaching out to her. Period. She needs support and she needs to feel heard. Britney is an extremely unique person and it appalls me that the people and the media are already settling back into their old habits.

20 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

What I posted is a projection of the insecurities I deal with all the time as a result of how my parents and the media have treated me…I would never intentionally body shame anybody because I know what it feels like…I struggle with this because of how I feel about myself, not because I hate how anybody looks…I feel like my family knew I was insecure and people were trying to purposefully feed into this insecurity by not letting me have a choice in the people who were on stage with me

this makes me so sad :( 

2 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

Brit's fans are saying anything to justify that post arent they :rip:

They're beyond me, they treat her like... a child who needs protection after she fought to get her sacrosanct rights of an adult back. It's only right to call her out when she says something tone-deaf. The pity effect can't last forever, the real world is going to be harsh if she says certain things.

6 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

But but! What are Fighters going to talk about now?? :'(

Her upcoming Billboard award and performance. La Luz release. Latin Grammys. Her (hopefully) shows in Latin America. Stripped Anniversary. Halloween pics. There is plenty to keep us busy that we don't need to resort to dragging other artists.

Anyways, I'm glad Britney clarified, even if it was a forced apology for damage control. She did clearly mention Christina Aguilera in her original post so not sure what she is saying, but I do hope these two become friends and support each other IRL since they have so much history together.

Her fanbase is about to have a MELTDOWN. Britney admitting Xtina is inspiring her.

I appreciate her apology but I still think she should take some time off and should hire a PR. There's going to be some damage soon… 

14 minutes ago, Brishka said:

Xtina looks like a fool now after unfollowing Brit over nothing.  

She should be grateful for that ounce of spotlight.  

Gorl the only fool in this situation is our fav Britney. Let's not get it twisted, shall we? She needs to enroll in some online essay writing classes.  

It’s good that she clarified and apologized. I feel like she’s learning to navigate social media, and all of modern life in 2022, the way others have been able to gradually learn it for the last fifteen years, and people are bound to misstep on the journey that she’s on with regard to life outside the conservatorship.

2 minutes ago, Haus said:

She is literally just a very lonely person who is desperate to find someone who can truly empathize with the experiences and resulting feelings and trauma she has had. I’m actually stunned that people thought she was going to come out of the conservatorship restrained and unemotional. If you can’t forgive Britney for being clumsy with her words, you never supported her freedom in the first place. 

Her peers, like Christina, should be reaching out to her. Period. She needs support and she needs to feel heard. Britney is an extremely unique person and it appalls me that the people and the media are already settling back into their old habits.

This, some people on here need to chill out and have some empathy. The woman has been abused and traumatized beyond what any of us can understand. The nastiness still being directed at her is gross.

10 minutes ago, Haus said:

People will always disappoint you, no matter who it is. Britney needs to find healing from her insecurities and trauma. I hope she finds faith in God again because what she needs is the love of Jesus and supernatural healing. She cannot receive healing from other broken people in a broken world. The pain and struggles she’s endured goes way deeper to a place that no one can reach except God. We’ve all tried leaning on other people before and it isnt ever a healthy longterm solution. People are unreliable. She’s been hurt soooo many times by the closest people in her life. Faith can do wonders in times like this.

Edited by Buffy

If only these two legends would collab and the fanbases would stop living in the past :jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.