Weyes Blood - 'And in the Darkness, Hearts Aglow'

World Eater

It's a fair review. The album is great, the production, lyrics and vocals are stunning, but it does not have melodies as strong as highlights of TR :giraffe: 

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JoeAg

• Azealia Banks

• Haus

• sam.teas

23 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

this album is more like 8 while titanic was 9

it loses some steam with the last two tracks (i know a lot of people love the worst is done but it's meh) and the interludes are useless

she should have replaced in holy flop with an andromeda sized banger

twin flame is also a masterpiece so he can f off

um no negativity on this site thank u

this album is such a grower. Twin Flame is slaying me rn

this album is as incredible as Titanic Rising and the melodies are just as strong i’d say :heart:

7 minutes ago, JoeAg said:

this album is as incredible as Titanic Rising and the melodies are just as strong i’d say :heart:

yesssss

this is the first i'm hearing of her. can anyone compare her to what she sounds like so i get an idea? i'm so far getting lana vibes

13 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

this is the first i'm hearing of her. can anyone compare her to what she sounds like so i get an idea? i'm so far getting lana vibes

The Carpenters, Aimee Mann, Father John Misty hybrid.

41 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

She's actually featured on a track with Lana

2 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

She's actually featured on a track with Lana

sorry i haven't checked for lana in like 2 albums i should check it out then

16 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

she reminds me of the band Bread, and also George Harrison, Lana, The Carpenters, Odessey and Oracle-era Zombies, Forever Changes-era Love, and Harry Nilsson

On 11/18/2022 at 10:21 AM, Héloïse said:

only listened once but the first half is so strong that the second half feels like it's lacking something. Twin Flame on its own is a very good song but in the context of the album is jarring, especially after In the Darkness which is so beautiful and otherwordly.

I lied. the second half has finally clicked with me.:jonny5:

Hearts Aglow and God Turn Me Into a Flower are career highlights :jonny5:

Grapevine GREW :jonnycat:

Oh it actually debuted at #111 on Billboard 200, her first album entry there

Y’all I just discovered her and listened to this album + Titanic Rising and I’m FLOORED :jonnycat: she got my stan card in just one day. Can anyone tell me how her first three albums compare? The cover of Front Row to Earth really compels me

I don't understand why but this girl just isn't clicking with me - like her voice, production but melodies are boring to me. 
I know that I should like this type of music, maybe should give it another try some other day. Her music sounds like it's more suited for Spring, at least I'm getting such vibes.

She literally took the best parts of Titanic Rising and made them even bigger, everything from the vocals to the lyrics to the production is mind-boggling. Sounds like AOTY to me!

On 12/1/2022 at 1:02 PM, HeavyMetalAura said:

Y’all I just discovered her and listened to this album + Titanic Rising and I’m FLOORED :jonnycat: she got my stan card in just one day. Can anyone tell me how her first three albums compare? The cover of Front Row to Earth really compels me

Front row is amazing, the others i dont like them very much

On 12/2/2022 at 10:47 AM, EdgeofTeeth said:

She literally took the best parts of Titanic Rising and made them even bigger, everything from the vocals to the lyrics to the production is mind-boggling. Sounds like AOTY to me!

perfectly said :clap3:

Hearts Aglow feels like Something to Believe 2.0, i just realized :weeps:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

godddd i cannot wait to see her in denver in march :loki: i know she’s gonna scalp me with her immaculate vocals and stage presence. we stan an indie legend in the making!

i really hope Children of the Empire gets a video soon :allears: