Weyes Blood - 'And in the Darkness, Hearts Aglow'

World Eater

She always gets me with the visuals but the music don't click as much as I'd like, but I will still give this album a listen :WAP:

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JoeAg

• Azealia Banks

• Haus

• sam.teas

Children of the Empire

God Turn Me Into a Flower

Hearts Aglow

The Worst Is Done

A Given Thin

:WAP:

(i need more time with Twin Flame but i can tell it's a grower)

Edited by truthteller

my current trinity has gotta be Children of the Empire, Grapevine, and  The Worst Is Done but really, there ain’t a weak track in sight. she done did it again :clap3:

Children of The Empire, God Turn Me Into a Flower, Hearts Aglow and The Worst Is Done are my faves so far. The only track I'm not getting yet is Twin Flame 

1 hour ago, James_Dean said:

I won today! :party:

0UMDSAi.jpg

omg :jonny3:

ugh i can’t wait to see her in denver y’all, i’m seeing Kimbra the night after AT THE SAME VENUE and i’m not emotionally prepared :jonny2:

I’m so glad you guys, and for the most part, critics as well, are loving this as much as you are. I am a little bothered that critics aren’t pushing this above Titanic Rising on Metacritic, because it really is better and she deserves recognition for that!

Anyway, I just ate ~100mg of THC and will finally be listening in hi-res lossless shortly. I took a couple weeks off of listening because I wanted to rebuild my anticipation. 

I played the album more than 80 times in one week :deadbanana2:

Furthermore, **** Slant. They have always been hating ass ******* and I don’t know why they are here in the first place.

Also, I got my vinyl and cassette on Tuesday and they are… magnificent. The cassette looks like a ******* chic gothic cigarette box, and the vinyl just reminds us that Neil Krug is a ******* mastermind wizard and the best there is. The shirts are rather thin. 

3 hours ago, Touch It said:

honestly might be my aoty this is too excellent :jonny:

it is mine

yeah, definitely my aoty

you had a good run @Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe in You! and I'll still hold you near to my heart :heart2: but And in the Darkness, Hearts Aglow is the second masterpiece in a row from this young artist so it definitely gets my aoty blessing :1stplace:

I like the album, but to me (so far) it´s a step down from Titanic Rising. Not one song comes close to the level of Andromeda, Everyday of Movies. But I will give it plenty of time to grow on me

it's so wild to me how she was able to replicate the magic of Everyday with Children of the Empire, and yet Children of the Empire feels even MORE magical somehow :loki:

first round done and... i love 'the worst is done' the most, go back second round on tomorrow.

6 hours ago, Park Jinyoung said:

we can just make a Metaxritic thread :eli:

Twin Flame

God Turn Me Into a Flower

Grapevine 

are the songs. :heart:

Honorable mention to Hearts Aglow. :heart2: