• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brenda-walsh

• suburbannature

• ithinkheknowsoutsold

• GraceRandolph

Well :toofunny3:

Cher has always thought an artist needs time to really earn their crown. Not shade, just fax. 

This was kinda catty but I understand being annoying seeing as Dua literally just came out the womb and Cher has had a long and iconic career. 

Dua hasn’t appeared on scooby doo, twice :gaycat2:

1 hour ago, Power love said:

She could be her daughter 

*grand daughter.

I meant that Delusional dua fan needs to be put in place :rip:

This generation can’t come up with anything other than surface level comparisons. :deadbanana2:

Why does everyone have to be boxed in and labeled as being the next _________? Why can't they just be allowed to be them self? It's so ridiculous how this is. 

2 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

This generation can’t come up with anything other than surface level comparisons. :deadbanana2:

Everyone needs to be this generation something. No one carves their own path in this industry anymore :deadbanana4:

Dua needs to make "Walking in Memphis" and Cher will approve!

6 hours ago, blueberries said:

she looks a lot like young cher

I'm always so struck by how much Dua looks like a young Ghislaine Maxwell. 

3 hours ago, discosean said:

Why does everyone have to be boxed in and labeled as being the next _________? Why can't they just be allowed to be them self? It's so ridiculous how this is. 

Couldn't agree more. It's annoying for both the veterans (especially when they're still alive and making music, so kudos for Mariah explicitly calling this out when Ariana was getting the 'next Mariah' comparisons) and for the new artists themselves, as it makes them subject of unrealistic and harmful expectations (see Normani and Chloe with the 'next Beyoncé' comparisons).

I really wish this trend would stop. Let artists build their own lane and expand beyond their influences instead of instantly labelling them as the successors to overwhelmingly iconic figures. It's a disservice to everyone involved.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.