Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

I don't think it's a vault album.

If anything, there might be some older songs she reworked (which would make them new), but I think she'd save any good vault songs for future re-recordings.

Edited by Obsession

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

7 minutes ago, OhDearAtlas said:

Wait, people think this is a vault album?

I feel like it might be a bunch of songs from the past few years that have the midnight theme in common - hence the title. Wouldn't really go as far as calling it a vault album tho. Especially since the songs were clearly made/remade over the past few months as that behind the scenes clip shows. 

I think it’s a mix. Older songs reworked…poems/lyrics she never turned into a song….new songs

When she announces the lead single in the next few hours then what?

halloween-mask.gif

Haunting them like foxes. Running without scape to win the prize of our life, the one that took yours. 

When she announces Karma as the lead at Midnight>>>>>

spacer.png

not Karma being a real thing and not the tracklist fr leaki8g

1 hour ago, Vine101 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if she brought Joel back to prove to the world that they can indeed make a good song together. 

1A2N0pD.gif

And then they fail again for the nth time

spacer.png

Watching Swifties with copious amounts of egg all over their face when all of their theories based on the titles are wrong every album keeps me young

Like this ***** loves nothing more than making us think one thing only for it to be completely different, I'd wager we won't hear a thing about snakegate or 2016 because she knows the well has run dry. Perched for it to flip the table when it's actually about the positive karma she received the night Joe proposed to her

1A2N0pD.gif

Edited by Beyonnaise

When will people realize every single album Taylor released is a “vault album” in the sense that drafts/certain lyrics/titles/hooks for many of the songs started years before they were recorded or released. If you ever tried writing songs, you’d know it often works like that.

Imagine if she samples Independent Women Pt. 1 for "Question...?"

1 hour ago, Vine101 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if she brought Joel back to prove to the world that they can indeed make a good song together. 

1A2N0pD.gif

It’s giving the Miss Americana scene “I’m just gonna make a better record” immediately cutting to her playing METH on piano

halloween-mask.gif

This seems like an Anti-Lover album by the song titles.

11 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

Haunting them like foxes. Running without scape to win the prize of our life, the one that took yours. 

If these are Labyrinth lyrics...:WAP:

2 minutes ago, Icarus said:

It’s giving the Miss Americana scene “I’m just gonna make a better record” immediately cutting to her playing METH on piano

halloween-mask.gif

byee. the way lover ended up being way worse than rep and lover yet again didnt get an aoty nom :rip: it was bad for ha

halloween-mask.gif

the way folklore and evermore were gifts send from above. GOD saw her struggling

halloween-mask.gif

Also it is not a Vault album. I think some Swifties think she's sitting on thousands of songs. My take is that I'm actually and honestly not even convinced there's that many Vault tracks for the rest of the albums after debut (and even then I don't think they're the lifechanging bops everyone expects because then they would've made the album). Half of the Fearless TV Vault songs were actually just made in the 2004-2007 debut era when she was writing with random Nashville people. Speak Now has (only?) two songs that we know about, Battle and Castles Crumbling. None are known from 1989 or Rep and I doubt that number exceeds four or five unreleased tracks per album. Expensive Max Martin songs very rarely just sit around unreleased, MIAB was the only one from Red.

Apparently the inner circle got some rejects from Loser though, if they didn't make that bloated tracklist they must be extreme filler

1A2N0pD.gif

This seems like an Anti-Lover album by the song titles.

6 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Imagine if she samples Independent Women Pt. 1 for "Question...?"

Imagine :jonny5:
Someone posted a clip when the title was announced and I can’t get it out of my head ever since

1 minute ago, 305 said:

Am I the only one that thinks Karma was absolutely never real?

Her fault for including « Karma » in The Man video :rip: 

1 minute ago, 305 said:

Am I the only one that thinks Karma was absolutely never real?

it was probably just an earlier version of rep with most of the songs that are now reputation being karma. i do think the current karma might be from the scrapped 2016 record

She would be dragged to the pits if she released a vault album. :deadbanana: The stans pick up on everything like private detectives and would know about this. She might be a corporate capitalist but she don’t play when it comes to expertly distinguishing her album eras. She quite literally prides herself on this stance.

I think Karma was the original concept for rep, and that's why half of rep is a love album because she started going in a different direction when she started dating Joe. But I also wouldn't be surprised if she specifically wrote a song called Karma for Midnights just to get the swifties talking & confirming all the "theories" about Karma for the past 5 years lol

1 hour ago, Supervillain said:

When this album turns out to be a Reputation vault I'll be the happiest on Earth

spacer.png

It'd be the meltdown of the century if that happened.

Edited by Enrique523