Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

1 minute ago, chiliam said:

are you saying that Taylor is a high class hooker and Joe is a male prostitute? 

???

This song is full of literary devices and inevitably there will be hundred of different interpretations. I’m just saying, once I read the lyrics and thought about them, to ME! it was pretty obvious about her story with Joe. And if you interpret it differently that’s just as valid but there’s no need to become so weird about it.

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

Just now, lenchen. said:

???

This song is full of literary devices and inevitably there will be hundred of different interpretations. I’m just saying, once I read the lyrics and thought about them, to ME! it was pretty obvious about her story with Joe. And if you interpret it differently that’s just as valid but there’s no need to become so weird about it.

Ignore them, some people don’t analyze literary devices for meaning. 

spacer.png

Just remembered that there were tons of rumors about a 2016 album titled Karma, that was supposedly replaced by Reputation... These song titles giving Rep teas might make sense...

Does this new title matches any of the leaked tracklists? 

1 hour ago, Jaspurr said:

The views going down is sending me.

giphy.gif

The collapse is pretty stable at least

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Does this new title matches any of the leaked tracklists? 

yes

Just now, Burqa said:

yes

Do you know where can I find it? I'm looking around here but can't find it at all

Not this thread pushing 500 pages by the next mayhem :skull: 

omfg. I hope the selena collab is real, i know swifties (mostly the ones who stans taylor for attacking other artists on this site) dont want it, but their voices would sound amazing in a song together :jonny5:

I'm gone for a few hours and OF COURSE the thread got 25 more pages and people are having meltdowns over song titles, i should've seen it coming :priceless:

8 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Do you know where can I find it? I'm looking around here but can't find it at all

this was posted before Bejeweled so I’m inclined to say it’s real

5 minutes ago, Burqa said:

Ohhh so this is the one. I'm so happy that this leaked before the end of the series. She will probably learn her lesson and never do this Mayhem thing again. 

1 minute ago, Badgalbriel said:

Ohhh so this is the one. I'm so happy that this leaked before the end of the series. She will probably learn her lesson and never do this Mayhem thing again. 

I honestly think she doesn’t care :redface:

She saw the 1989 leaked tracklist and LIED to our faces :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, Badgalbriel said:

I hope so. This marketing tactic was a huge mistake considering how people reacted to it :deadbanana4:

9 minutes ago, PopA911 said:

I honestly think she doesn’t care :redface:

She saw the 1989 leaked tracklist and LIED to our faces :deadbanana4:

Yeah but now she cant really continue lying can she? She will simply release a new track everyday that will confirm the leaked tracklist and that's it. 

24 minutes ago, Burqa said:

Iconic tracklist to be honest.

Vuf9tZB.gif

Why do we think Selena is on the album 

I swear i'll NEVER understand how people can judge an album quality based on song titles alone, it literally tells us nothing. "Karma" alone is such a vague title, the lyrics could be about so many different things. And i just can't see her serving us a basic generic pop album based on the aesthetics of the era so far, the whole 70s looks has to be an indication of the album's sound. 

I'm very optimistic about this album being amazing, people should just CHILL a little bit. All those meltdowns are pointless when we still know so little.

46 minutes ago, Souvenir said:

omfg. I hope the selena collab is real, i know swifties (mostly the ones who stans taylor for attacking other artists on this site) dont want it, but their voices would sound amazing in a song together :jonny5:

I swear apart from Taylena twitter fans no one wants that. Taylor x Selena would mean a Julia Michaels co write because Selena can't write.

Edited by pierreleswiftie

Just now, pierreleswiftie said:

I swear apart from Taylena twitter fans no one wants that. Taylor x Selena would mean a Julia Michaels co write and no one wants that. 

:deadbanana4::deadbanana4:

Good point. I already didn't want it cause it would just sound bad, but this would be tragic 

Question...? is probably an interlude or skit. Idk why but i feel that way

I feel like this album might be a dance record.. we will certainly be surprised. Also feel like Anti-Hero and Karma will be some of her best songs of all-time

Also please no pop girl collabs. No Selena, no Blackpink, nope. Maroon Featuring Lana Del Rey would be cute tho

Edited by KatyPrismSpirit