Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

Just now, Michael196 said:

this will count as another album on billboard...

I had that thought too - I'm hoping it'll somehow get grouped in with the main Lover album or sell too little to chart. :rip: If it does count, at least most Billboard records are kind enough to specify "studio albums," so it's not a huge deal.

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

38 minutes ago, Bonicap said:

I was gonna track how many of these were available to buy but it looks it's already sold out.

this is NOT the vinyl we wanted 

spacer.png

cupcake swifties better not use the “we’re still in the Midnights era” to justify the fact Speak Now TV is taking so long 

18 minutes ago, Squall said:

How many vinyl were on sale?

According to a Twitter user there were 7512 left a couple minutes after it was put on sale, so not much more than that. It would be enough to re-enter the Top 15 of BB200 and to chart in the Top 100 if they count it as a different album.

The tweet: 

Edited by Bonicap

1 minute ago, Bonicap said:

According to a Twitter user there were 7512 left a couple minutes after it was put on sale, so not much more than that. It would be enough to re-enter the Top 15 of BB200 and to chart in the Top 100 if they count it as a different album.

The tweet: 

So probably like 8k or so

Still weird how they handle the vinyl factory thing though, it's still hard to produce vinyl but they release "random" ones like these :skull: 

3 minutes ago, Bonicap said:

The tweet: 

this was before the restock i think?

1 minute ago, Squall said:

So probably like 8k or so

Still weird how they handle the vinyl factory thing though, it's still hard to produce vinyl but they release "random" ones like these :skull: 

Yeah, it's a shame we have nothing for the Midnights 3AM version. If she is selling 8K of these vinyls in literally 20 minutes imagine how many she could sell. I hope they end up coming at some point.

5 minutes ago, DesiredConsternation said:

this was before the restock i think?

Taylor's Nation tweet announcing the vinyl is in the exact same minute as this tweet saying there were 7,512 left. I don't know if there was a restock later but I find it unlikely.

Edited by Bonicap

51 minutes ago, Bonicap said:

I was gonna track how many of these were available to buy but it looks it's already sold out.

Who asked for this!?

Call me a clown, but if she can release something like these, I'm pretty sure she'll do 3am edition physicals. Honestly I bet she's doing vinyls - if we assume she and her label sent that edition for pressing at or just before the album's release, they'd be ready tp go on sale right around the start of the tour. She could be holding CD copies back to get another easy #1 week in the US. 

29 minutes ago, FightDragonsWithMe said:

Who asked for this!?

The people who will boost Lover to +5.5M streams tomorrow.

Just now, Bonicap said:

The people who will boost Lover to +5.5M streams tomorrow.

Lover refusing to burn out, legendary :gaycat6:

2 hours ago, hungrymuffin said:

that dua stan back from the dead is so ******* annoying:rip: i hope taylor doesnt end midnights era soon so the smashery will keep him fuming

who? theres a few losers that stan Dua and or Rih and are OTHs

1 hour ago, Bonicap said:

thankfully I was able to snatch one of these :jonny: 

1 hour ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

who? theres a few losers that stan Dua and or Rih and are OTHs

Funny enough, i've seen way more Taylor fans hating on Dua than the other way around. But yeah every fanbase has its bad apples, ESPECIALLY when people are hiding behind some pop girls just to attack others and not because they truly stan them. 

littlebodybigheart
2 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

Seeing the discussion on this page... I believe the response to Rihanna's show is exactly why Taylor hasn't done it and isn't doing it in the next few years. She's at the peak of her overall success and she's a lightning rod for people's emotions, and that's not just limited to frustrated forum gays who can't handle that Taylor Swift moves an album unit every 1.5 seconds. It would just invite even more press, even more scrutiny, even more drama and all the **** that comes with it at a time when the benefit would be marginal at best. I'm surprised she's even doing such a huge tour at this point, rather than sitting back and enjoying the fact that she's the biggest artist in the world without actually needing to lift a finger. If she does the halftime show, I think it will be a "going out with a bang" kind of thing (not in terms of making music at all, of course, but in terms of continuing to put forth effort toward being a huge industry force).

why would there be backlash? i’m 99% sure taylor would put on an amazing show

19 minutes ago, littlebodybigheart said:

why would there be backlash? i’m 99% sure taylor would put on an amazing show

Sure she would, but you know there would be useless thinkpieces and performance reviews left and right. It's such a public, ubiquitous event that anyone with a problem with her would be watching like a hawk. They'd find something to whine about, I'm absolutely certain. 

24 minutes ago, omrimayo said:

So we think the lover live will be on streaming also? 

it's already on streaming as singles

30 minutes ago, omrimayo said:

So we think the lover live will be on streaming also? 

Its been forever on streaming. Cornelia Street is over 40M on Spotify, the rest is really tanking

I kind of hope she only does the Super Bowl when she's older. Like Madonna nnnn.

She clearly doesn't need it for now.

nene.thumb.gif.9f70a2ee5209b14f384bde0bd

47 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Its been forever on streaming. Cornelia Street is over 40M on Spotify, the rest is really tanking

I mean Cornelia Street, Daylight, and DBATC are the only ones worth streaming imo. :lakitu:

sacRed was already stable in the top 50, if they shipped the vinyl all at once it would’ve easily reentered the top 20 if not 10…