Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

21 minutes ago, Klein said:

This. Also, nostalgia is the most important factor for a SBHS. You don't have nostalgia factor when you're on top. 

If there was ever a time during her career to do the Superbowl, it would have been in 2022, if the TVs didn't exist. 

She already has this pushing 100M views, and to most, it is iconic enough. She can do SBHS in 2030. When she is 24 years into her career :jonny6: 

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

Love Rih but if this was Taylor no one would defend her or find excuses… and it’s funny that many are trying her right now because the day she does it, they’ll eat their words

3 hours ago, Klein said:

I don't want her to do the SBHS anytime soon. She is still performing crazily well. I'd rather she wait for her career to need an actual boost to do it. 

Yeah, exactly. And she'll be able to do the SBHS anytime she want, she's such a megastar in the US that they'll never refuse her.

1 hour ago, Michael196 said:

Love Rih but if this was Taylor no one would defend her or find excuses… and it’s funny that many are trying her right now because the day she does it, they’ll eat their words

Oh for sure, the fact that so many Rihanna stans have no problem calling Taylor "talentless" is all you need to know. This forum has a weird hate boner for Taylor, her success is too much for many to cope.

4 hours ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

Love Story

You Belong With Me

I Knew You Were Trouble

Blank Space 

Shake It Off

Anti Hero

This would be perfect, tbh. My main two requests for her inevitable Super Bowl performance is that she doesn’t cram in one song per minute of airtime. She has enough hits to do it, but it is always messy. And that she does it fully solo but knowing her love for surprise guests, that’s an impossible request. We’re probably gonna get Shake If Off ft. Camila Cabello and Halsey again, or something :rip: 

She could add the TS11 lead single onto that setlist *if* it comes before she headlines and **if** it smashes like AH… or harder. Aside from that, small traces of Wildest Dreams, WANEGBT, Style and perhaps something from Rep/Lover would be good additions. Just find a way to shoehorn small snippets of them in there akin to how Gaga did with The Edge Of Glory in her performance or how Madonna had a small one-minute section with a mashup of Open Your Heart/Express Yourself/etc. 

A starry midnights-themed Super Bowl would kinda serve as long as it’s dark out, but I don’t imagine she’ll be stuck on that era and concept by then.

1 hour ago, Michael196 said:

Taylor would not only have the internet attacking her, but she'll be dragged to hell and back by every single publication :gaycat6:. She's just the most polarising Pop star of our generation. 

I don't want her to do the Super bowl untill she's like 50 and launching her 30th album or something:ducky:.

Hits Different is taking so long to go on Spotify :redface:

I actually think Taylor might do the SBHTS sooner rather than later. I also just saw that the NFL follows her on IG. 

With her huge success and her record breaking tour coming up this year, I think the NFL would do everything they can to get her on board. Simply because she pulls in the masses and that’s what they want. 

Next year they will get a band like Imagine Dragons or a rap artist like Drake/Kendrick for sure.. maybe even Bad Bunny at this point, but definitely not a pop girl
I hope she does it in 2025 or 2026 when all the rerecordings + TS11 are out :cm:
I just know she will serve a great show since she is a perfectionist and provide all the budget she needs herself to make it an amazing show

The opening needs to be a short snippet of Ready for it:
* DUN DUN DUN Are You Ready for it?
Baby, let the games begin
Let the games begin
Let the games begin
Are you ready for it?
Baby, let the games begin
Let the games begin
Let the games begin
Are you ready for it? *

And then transition into the setlist, maybe IKYWT next to keep the energy going :cm: And obviously Shake It Off WILL be the closing track

9 minutes ago, TaylenaStan said:

Next year they will get a band like Imagine Dragons or a rap artist like Drake/Kendrick for sure.. maybe even Bad Bunny at this point, but definitely not a pop girl
I hope she does it in 2025 or 2026 when all the rerecordings + TS11 are out :cm:

Part of me hopes she'll wait for TS13 to do the Superbowl, just for the symbolic. 

I think it'd be better for her to wait until all the re-recordings are out before doing the Super Bowl. She also has a few more hit albums under her belt so there's really no reason to hurry.

Edited by Enrique523

Taylor doesn’t need the halftime right now. She’s literally doing 2 sold out nights at that same stadium in a month :rip:  

TBH after the messy press surrounding Rih’s show last night, I can see Apple Music paying Taylor to release a bunch of re-recordings this year then the final one before she does halftime show next year :gaycat5:

Edited by Kirby Kirbs

I just realized that she can put out Speak Now World Tour Live concert on streaming (e.g. Netflix) after the Taylor’s Version is out so she can license it and collect the coins all to herself. :duca:

Not sure if this is how it works @beagle

that dua stan back from the dead is so ******* annoying:rip: i hope taylor doesnt end midnights era soon so the smashery will keep him fuming

I was gonna track how many of these were available to buy but it looks it's already sold out.

There's only downside for Taylor doing the Superbowl.

She's already the biggest touring and commercial artist alive and going, there's quite literally no benefit for doing the Superbowl other than checking it off her bucket-list. Keep it for after the TV's are done or when she's super old.

Seeing the discussion on this page... I believe the response to Rihanna's show is exactly why Taylor hasn't done it and isn't doing it in the next few years. She's at the peak of her overall success and she's a lightning rod for people's emotions, and that's not just limited to frustrated forum gays who can't handle that Taylor Swift moves an album unit every 1.5 seconds. It would just invite even more press, even more scrutiny, even more drama and all the **** that comes with it at a time when the benefit would be marginal at best. I'm surprised she's even doing such a huge tour at this point, rather than sitting back and enjoying the fact that she's the biggest artist in the world without actually needing to lift a finger. If she does the halftime show, I think it will be a "going out with a bang" kind of thing (not in terms of making music at all, of course, but in terms of continuing to put forth effort toward being a huge industry force).

If I'd seen that vinyl before it was sold out...

Three of the four sides are whatever, but I'd have to order two sets because I'd wear Side B out, those two live versions are career highlights :jonny:

4 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

this will count as another album on billboard...

Yes. Will need 5k or so to chart. Idk if they made that many

10 minutes ago, Squall said:

How many vinyl were on sale?

No idea. Havent seen anything