The Last of Us | S1 | Out now, renewed for S2

Hephaestus

I absolutely hated this part in the video game and hated it again here. It’s even more powerful in the video game because you are acting as Joel so you have to actively kill the doctors etc. Just brutal :chick3: 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrecked

• The Last of Us

• Hephaestus

• bjorn

2 hours ago, Gui Blackout said:

It kinda bother me how much some people wanted to see them fighting the Infected in every episode. I think that's the fundamental difference between a video game and a tv show. How would that serve the development of the story? It would just be for cheap kicks. Every scene with the Infected had a purpose to the plot.

TLOU has always been (to me) a drama about people with action, not the other way around. That's why it worked so well as a show.

Yeah, I get your point, but I feel like they went so far down the line focusing on the human conflict that the infected threat doesn't even feel like a threat anymore. While in the games it was always lingering in the back of your mind. We've had so few encounters in the show that it truly is a miniscule background thing at this point, which also affects the main story a bit: the sense of urgency, the desperation to procure (no pun intended) a cure, and the weight of Ellie's condition is kind of missing.

Edited by Liafen

6 hours ago, Gui Blackout said:

It kinda bother me how much some people wanted to see them fighting the Infected in every episode. I think that's the fundamental difference between a video game and a tv show. How would that serve the development of the story? It would just be for cheap kicks. Every scene with the Infected had a purpose to the plot.

TLOU has always been (to me) a drama about people with action, not the other way around. That's why it worked so well as a show.

Its me, Im the problem. I think the lack of infected and some not good parts made the show 6.5/10 for me. Joel and Ellie met infected only twice? When they were still with Tess and in the ep with a sniper and bloater. That’s it I believe. And in the last ep the whole huge city had 0 infected? Along the way they have met more ppl than infected :rip: A bigger amount of infected and constant danger of being attacked by them anytime would make finding a cure much important, a bigger deal. And then the conflict between saving all or just Ellie would have been bigger. They are planning to put more infected in the next season but they were an addition in the second game, while having them in the 1 season was so essential for Joel’s decision and the whole story! 

The Last of Us Part I = 10/10

The Last of Us Part II = 10/10

The Last of Us S1 = 10/10

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, Wrecked said:

The Last of Us Part I = 10/10

The Last of Us Part II = 10/10

The Last of Us S1 = 10/10

spacer.png

Tea except Part II is actually a 20/10 its just that powerful

perxepm.gif

2 hours ago, XAMJ said:

Episodes 1-7 were amazing, 8/9 kinda cooled off.

You didn’t like 8? :jonny6:

32 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

perxepm.gif

No arguments from me!

Part II is just on another level entirely. 

I love seeing non-gamers react to how brutal, dark and intense S1 was, knowing that S2 will make it look like a Disney kid's show.

perxepm.gif

The ONLY episodes I didn’t outright love were episodes 7 and 9. Everything else: 10 10 10 across the board 

13 hours ago, Marla Singer said:

I love seeing non-gamers react to how brutal, dark and intense S1 was, knowing that S2 will make it look like a Disney kid's show.

perxepm.gif

I also love seeing how divided people are on the ending and Joels decision. It's giving me major flashbacks to 2013 when I first played the game. The ending was supposed to be divisive, so it's cool seeing it translate well to television. 

Edited by Wrecked

5 hours ago, Phantom said:

Oh MOTHER is coming :jonny5:

I was just coming here to post this! :ghostface:

On 3/15/2023 at 9:45 PM, rzal said:

mother :jonny:

:rip:

On 3/16/2023 at 6:05 AM, TheOnlyOne said:

perxepm.gif

Tea omg. It's so good that it's ruined 99% of other games for me bc they are trash in comparison 

perxepm.gif

1 hour ago, ks_dollar said:

Tea omg. It's so good that it's ruined 99% of other games for me bc they are trash in comparison 

perxepm.gif

i played Red Dead Redemption 2 and TLOU2 back to back and culdn't enjoy anything else for like a year, lmao.

37 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

i played Red Dead Redemption 2 and TLOU2 back to back and culdn't enjoy anything else for like a year, lmao.

These two games are literally goat. I just tried playing hogwarts legacy but it feels so cheap and lazy in comparison

10 hours ago, Phantom said:

Oh MOTHER is coming :jonny5:

Mother and SON* is coming 

The way I will be stanning the ultimate icon King *** even harder than I did Joel and Ellie :jonny6:

“Cold” punk rock shaved head legend is coming to capture everyone’s hearts I just know it. And I will be gathering the bigots left and right on his behalf trust and believe. 

On 3/15/2023 at 10:44 AM, Both Sides Now said:

I absolutely hated this part in the video game and hated it again here. It’s even more powerful in the video game because you are acting as Joel so you have to actively kill the doctors etc. Just brutal :chick3: 

That surgeon came at him with a scalpel, what was Joel suppose to do? None of us would have let them live... we would have left them all for dead to make sure the person who is like a daughter to us will live and not have to forever be worried about them ever coming back. In the game I popped them all and it felt good doing so.

On 3/20/2023 at 1:03 AM, ks_dollar said:

perxepm.gif

This tea! I think the only game series that fully grip me are TLOU and Uncharted. Naughty Dog really know what they’re doing. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.