The Last of Us | S1 | Out now, renewed for S2

Hephaestus

6 minutes ago, Homebrand said:

They had time to make this episode much longer, or even had an extra episode? It almost feels like we skipped an episode and jumped straight into the conclusion to me :michael:  

They could have potentially made the David arc 2 episodes, but not the finale. At this stage in the game, there isn’t much story left to tell. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrecked

• The Last of Us

• Hephaestus

• bjorn

Powerful finale. Not my favorite of the season, but still got many of the emotional feels right for me. Perched to see this get Emmys love and can't wait for season 2 :duca: Truly the best TV show of the year so far. 

Nonetheless, the game is still the definitive way to experience The Last of Us. The show cut out so much essential stuff in my opinion. Stuff that enriches the Ellie and Joel dynamic, Tommy and Joel's relationship, Marlene, Tess, the overall world lore, etc. It feels like the sparksnotes version of TLOU.

Show viewers have only a sliver of understanding of these characters IMO. If you can, just play the games. 

Things like the Kathleen arc weren't done well enough to take time away from the really important characters. 

Hopefully they can learn from their shortcomings on season 1 and use all the TLOU2 game material to full effect for Season 2/3. 

I loved the episode and what an incredible season overall. One thing I have an issue with is the execution of Joel's spree after he makes his decision. It felt rushed and clunky with zero tension in the scene itself, the shootout being a montage of him killing people lacked impact. It would have been a lot stronger if they turned it into a one take tracking shot of him going through the hospital.

Also maybe a controversial opinion but I am not a fan of the cinematography, the way they light and shoot this show makes it look a bit cheap at times and breaks the immersion even if the set design is out of this world.

1 minute ago, mystery said:

Also maybe a controversial opinion but I am not a fan of the cinematography, the way they light and shoot this show makes it look a bit cheap at times and breaks the immersion even if the set design is out of this world.

Oh they absolutely could have done much better in the cinematography department. 

I liked the finale that the bond Ellie and Joel has is stronger than ever, however I wonder if the lies he told be will be unveil later on, he meant well but maybe she won't take it well.

So….. there’s more infected (1) on the ranch than in the whole city? 

Spoiler

When was the last time we saw infected? We’ve seen 1 in the flashback when Ellie’s mother was attacked. Before that we’ve seen 1 two eps ago when Ellie got bitten in the flashbacks. So when Joel and Ellie had to fight some infected? Sadly I don’t remember. It looks like you a cure isn’t really necessary for the few infected out somewhere in the world… I love both games but the series seriously lacks infected. The series is underwhelming. The could have put more action here and there… 

Liked the finale but it was not the best episode. It felt too rushed. Everything happened too quickly. 

But anyway, fave show of the year easily for me. 

Do we know if Bella is gonna be Ellie in season 2? Or are they going for an older looking female? 

Coming for Emmys :clap3: Biggest show of the year so far!

52 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

Do we know if Bella is gonna be Ellie in season 2? Or are they going for an older looking female? 

Bella is staying as Ellie. I posted an article on the previous page about it. 

1 hour ago, PieceBy said:

So….. there’s more infected (1) on the ranch than in the whole city? 

Reveal hidden contents

When was the last time we saw infected? We’ve seen 1 in the flashback when Ellie’s mother was attacked. Before that we’ve seen 1 two eps ago when Ellie got bitten in the flashbacks. So when Joel and Ellie had to fight some infected? Sadly I don’t remember. It looks like you a cure isn’t really necessary for the few infected out somewhere in the world… I love both games but the series seriously lacks infected. The series is underwhelming. The could have put more action here and there… 

Spoiler

One of the complaints we’ve seen online is the reduced level of infected in the show versus the game. Can we expect to see more of them in Season 2?

Mazin: One of my least favourite notes as a screenwriter to receive from a studio is, 'we really liked this, give us more of it.' And I always think, well, I'm going to give you more until you're like 'ah it's too much of it.' I learned that lesson as much from watching Game of Thrones as anything else. That series had such a slow and interesting build to the presence of the Wights and the White Walkers. Every time you saw them, your blood pressure skyrocketed. They were special. Had Game of Thrones been a game first, as opposed to a set of novels, there's no doubt that in the game, you'd be fighting White Walkers all the time. And so of course you would want more of them [in a TV adaptation]. All that said, we learned by watching the audience watch the show. I personally have noted how much they liked those encounters. And I think we have some really interesting things coming that will be very satisfying without burying you.

Spoiler

I really want to root for Joel and Ellie but I also want the world of the show to be healed. It's pretty interesting how it's kinda impossible to choose a side

22 minutes ago, Wrecked said:

Bella is staying as Ellie. I posted an article on the previous page about it. 

Hide contents

One of the complaints we’ve seen online is the reduced level of infected in the show versus the game. Can we expect to see more of them in Season 2?

Mazin: One of my least favourite notes as a screenwriter to receive from a studio is, 'we really liked this, give us more of it.' And I always think, well, I'm going to give you more until you're like 'ah it's too much of it.' I learned that lesson as much from watching Game of Thrones as anything else. That series had such a slow and interesting build to the presence of the Wights and the White Walkers. Every time you saw them, your blood pressure skyrocketed. They were special. Had Game of Thrones been a game first, as opposed to a set of novels, there's no doubt that in the game, you'd be fighting White Walkers all the time. And so of course you would want more of them [in a TV adaptation]. All that said, we learned by watching the audience watch the show. I personally have noted how much they liked those encounters. And I think we have some really interesting things coming that will be very satisfying without burying you.

Thnx for the behind the scenes info! Still a bad decision. When Marlene asked Joe 

Spoiler

How did he manage to achieve this, to come to the hospital as she barely made it with more ppl I was like BUT THERE WERENT ANY INFECTED! Even in the last ep the whole huge city was empty… 

20 minutes ago, PieceBy said:

Thnx for the behind the scenes info! Still a bad decision. When Marlene asked Joe 

Reveal hidden contents

How did he manage to achieve this, to come to the hospital as she barely made it with more ppl I was like BUT THERE WERENT ANY INFECTED! Even in the last ep the whole huge city was empty… 

Even though I love all of the encounters with the infected during the game, I personally wasn’t too bothered about them not featuring in every episode as I thought it made their appearances more intense. But, it seems like they’re taking the criticism on board so I guess we’ll just have to see what they do in S2. 

Bella and Pedro deserve every award they're eligible for. This was easily Pedro's best performance of the season. :clap3: And it might also be Bella's best - even after last week's episode. Even when Ellie's more subdued and is not really doing or saying anything and is lost in thought, Bella still conveys so much and is just as captivating. And that final shot... she NAILED it.

Interesting that they chose to explain Ellie's immunity in the show, and I think they also give more of an explanation on how the cure would work. In the game, you can almost justify what Joel decides to do because the cure sounds like more of a long shot, but in the show they made a cure sound more like a credible possibility. I'm enjoying seeing all the reactions from people that didn't play the game and how divided and conflicted opinions are.

I feel like episode 8 and 9 were an unique final episode and they split it because it was too long, this definitely explains why this episode was shorter than usual and felt kind of rushed, it was good but definitely needed more action.

Amazing first season, it won't easy maintaining this high level with next season.

Yeah the entire season felt very rushed which is my only complaint, I wish there was more time spent on the winter section and on the ending. People want more infected, but they obviously cut a lot of stuff because of time restraints and the infected had to be the first to go because spending time fighting them would've only made the pacing worse.

The infected are even less relevant in part 2 of the game, but it seems like they're gonna change things a bit to make up for the lack of them? I have a feeling they aren't gonna follow part 2 as closely, but I guess if it's longer and being split up into multiple seasons then they shouldn't have to take away from the story.

5 hours ago, mystery said:

It's AWFUL. So bland and uninspired. 

This is an interesting video. 

Edited by Wrecked

Major chills as soon as the credits rolled. Kinda wish the finale was a little longer tho, but it did what it had to do. :'(

Great season, can't wait for the next one.

I can totally see season 2 expanding heavily on Joel and Ellie's life in Jackson before you know what. Giving Dina more intro. I think they'll have season end with 

Spoiler

Joel's death

Then have season 3 be 

Spoiler

Abby Vs Ellie and all that fallout

Perfect set up for a Part 3 PS5 2028 and Season 4/5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.