The Last of Us | S1 | Out now, renewed for S2

Hephaestus

50 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

1.04 million tv viewers for finale. Almost half of the numbers for the millionth finale for walking dead.

a bunch of ppl watched at least a minute of it on streaming tho

you truly have the worst takes in every thread

fridayteenage

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrecked

• The Last of Us

• Hephaestus

• bjorn

51 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

1.04 million tv viewers for finale. Almost half of the numbers for the millionth finale for walking dead.

a bunch of ppl watched at least a minute of it on streaming tho

When will you let go of this live TV narrative  :rip:

4 minutes ago, Wrecked said:

So many people thought they were CGI! 

Wow. I thought that too because the surrounding environment took me out of the immersion.

Gosh I really hope they up their game for the next season. This aspect of the show was not iT :deadbanana4:

3 minutes ago, Liafen said:

Wow. I thought that too because the surrounding environment took me out of the immersion.

Gosh I really hope they up their game for the next season. This aspect of the show was not iT :deadbanana4:

I think overall it looked great, but I thought it was just really good CGI as something looked off with the giraffe but it must have been the green screen background throwing it off… :rip:

3 hours ago, Liafen said:

They definitely elaborated on that part of the conversation in the woods. It was in the game but not that on the nose like the show's, with the healing wound convo aswell. Not getting the Sarah-replacement vibes, but I guess they really needed to emphasize from a narrative standpoint, that the viewer does understand why Joel did what he did. Whereas you feel the reason of his decision in the game. 

I was hoping they would recreate the part from the game where Joel's escaping with Ellie in his arms, it reminds you of him carrying Sarah in his arms at the start of the game and gets the point across perfectly.

Oh and we need to stop comparing this show to that soap opera with zombies.

That one user watching House of the Dragon and now this show smashing:

Marla Singer

26 minutes ago, Liafen said:

That one user watching House of the Dragon and now this show smashing:

Marla Singer

skdfjfdjgf :ahh:

1 hour ago, Marla Singer said:

I was hoping they would recreate the part from the game where Joel's escaping with Ellie in his arms, it reminds you of him carrying Sarah in his arms at the start of the game and gets the point across perfectly.

Oh and we need to stop comparing this show to that soap opera with zombies.

Do you mean the part of the game where you’re actually playing? Because yeah, I agree. I loved how intense it felt in the game with the alarm going off and Fireflies chasing you down the hall. It just added to the panic of the scenario. 

42 minutes ago, Wrecked said:

Do you mean the part of the game where you’re actually playing? Because yeah, I agree. I loved how intense it felt in the game with the alarm going off and Fireflies chasing you down the hall. It just added to the panic of the scenario. 

Yeah that part, it made you feel Joel's desperation not to lose another daughter. I think the finale episode achieved that too but it just did it differently.

After all these great episodes they did finale absolutely dirty, how in a hell they skipped all the details that was in actual game :deadbanana::clown:

29 minutes ago, Gottasadae said:

After all these great episodes they did finale absolutely dirty, how in a hell they skipped all the details that was in actual game :deadbanana::clown:

What did they skip from the final part of the game that wasn’t in the finale? 

13 minutes ago, Wrecked said:

What did they skip from the final part of the game that wasn’t in the finale? 

In final part of the game there was a lot of infected interactions, plus the part where Ellie almost drowned in tunnel, different type of soldiers in hospital etc :gaycat2:

The finale was a bit rushed :gaycat2:

22 minutes ago, Gottasadae said:

In final part of the game there was a lot of infected interactions, plus the part where Ellie almost drowned in tunnel, different type of soldiers in hospital etc :gaycat2:

The finale was a bit rushed :gaycat2:

I can understand your complaint more if you thought this about the rest of the season, but you referred to that as great. Similar things have happened since the start such as the massive infected fight with Ellie and David being cut, the hotel basement scene being removed, Roberts death being changed and Bill and Franks story being completely different. 

The important parts from the game all remained such as Ellie’s trauma, the giraffe, Joel killing the Fireflies and the ending scene was pretty much exact. The infected interactions have been watered down since episode 1 and the water scene was just for them to get to the hospital, so all they did was tweak how that happened, which is exactly the same as the stuff with Tess, Joel and Robert. Same outcome, but slightly different journey. 

On 3/14/2023 at 6:35 AM, Helios said:

That would be a LOT of expanding for the first hour of the game :deadbanana2:

serving the walking dead farm season :rip:

20 hours ago, SmittenCake said:

cant wait to see her

FrMCQLnX0AAn0lE?format=jpg&name=small

mother :jonny:

It kinda bother me how much some people wanted to see them fighting the Infected in every episode. I think that's the fundamental difference between a video game and a tv show. How would that serve the development of the story? It would just be for cheap kicks. Every scene with the Infected had a purpose to the plot.

TLOU has always been (to me) a drama about people with action, not the other way around. That's why it worked so well as a show.

17 hours ago, Liafen said:

you truly have the worst takes in every thread

fridayteenage

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe it's intentional.

Ok, so there is something bugging me from the minute I saw the opening from EP9, and it is the explanation on why is Ellie immune. While this is something that has not been explained in the game, somehow they decided to do so in the series, and the excuse is: Ellie is immune because her mother was bitten while she was in the womb/still connected through the umbilical cord.

However, if that is the reason, then you literally don't need Ellie to find a cure. They could replicate subjects by getting volunteer mothers to be or people with a deathwish or whatever. Suddenly Ellie is not that peculiar

7 minutes ago, Blue. said:

Ok, so there is something bugging me from the minute I saw the opening from EP9, and it is the explanation on why is Ellie immune. While this is something that has not been explained in the game, somehow they decided to do so in the series, and the excuse is: Ellie is immune because her mother was bitten while she was in the womb/still connected through the umbilical cord.

However, if that is the reason, then you literally don't need Ellie to find a cure. They could replicate subjects by getting volunteer mothers to be or people with a deathwish or whatever. Suddenly Ellie is not that peculiar

But how can they replicate something they don't know exists? Only Anna knows the truth and she's dead. Marlene was told that Anna was bitten AFTER giving birth. 

1 minute ago, Wrecked said:

But how can they replicate something they don't know exists? Only Anna knows the truth and she's dead. Marlene was told that Anna was bitten AFTER giving birth. 

Nope, when she explain to Joel what’s gonna happen she says that she’s always been infected so the pre-existing cordiceps tell the new one not to attack.

2 minutes ago, Wrecked said:

Also Ellie only found out about her immunity after she got bit with Riley. And thereafter somehow Marlene and the fireflies knew. 

13 minutes ago, Blue. said:

I thought it was also to do with being breastfed by an infected mother? 

6 minutes ago, Blue. said:

Nope, when she explain to Joel what’s gonna happen she says that she’s always been infected so the pre-existing cordiceps tell the new one not to attack.

But they don’t know why she is immune because Anna doesn’t tell Marlene that she was bitten whilst Ellie was still attached to her via an umbilical cord. So they can’t replicate something when they don’t know what made Ellie immune in the first place. 

You said they could replicate another Ellie by having a pregnant woman get infected before giving birth, but they don’t know that’s what caused Ellie to be immune, so why would they try that? Only Anna knows that truth and like I said, she’s dead. 

9 minutes ago, Homebrand said:

I thought it was also to do with being breastfed by an infected mother? 

She didn’t breastfeed Ellie. She says she didn’t want to nurse her because she was infected. 

When Marlene finds Anna, she tells her that she got bitten after cutting the umbilical cord, because she was probably scared that if she told Marlene the truth, they’d kill Ellie out of fear she was also infected. When the doctor examines Ellie and discovers that the infection has been with her since birth, he’s right, but only Anna knows why that occurred as she’s the only person who knows that Ellie was still attached to her when she became infected. 

It’s completely true that if they knew about Ellie’s birth they could replicate another immune child, but they don’t have that knowledge. Anna is the only person who knows the true key to a vaccine. 

39 minutes ago, Blue. said:

I think the insinuation is that usually the unborn baby of an infected mother is also infected. Anna seemed to suggest that this is known in the universe when she lied to Marlene that she had already given birth before she was bitten.

The sequencing of events make it look like that Ellie was unique in that she was only connected to her mother for a few seconds before the umbilical cord was cut. 

But yeah also, they don’t know that is why Ellie is immune. 

I wasn’t crazy about the explanation. Like with the flashback in Indonesia… “Oh it was in flour so now it’s everywhere at the same time!” Some things are better left to the imagination.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.