The Last of Us | S1 | Out now, renewed for S2

Hephaestus

On 3/20/2023 at 2:04 AM, tiagol88 said:

i played Red Dead Redemption 2 and TLOU2 back to back and culdn't enjoy anything else for like a year, lmao.

I wish I could have got into RDR2 but I found it too realistic. Having to shower, eat, sleep and change clothes took me out of the game and made it frustrating to me. The type of realism I want in a game is TLOU Part II.

I might give it another try someday.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrecked

• The Last of Us

• Hephaestus

• bjorn

I just spoiled myself by reading the characters' Wiki page.

I kept seeing the name "Abby" everywhere and she wasn't in the first season so I needed to know wtf she was.

Well, now, I know I won't be waiting for season 2 because I f-ing quit !

giphy.gif

On 3/19/2023 at 11:42 AM, Phantom said:

Oh MOTHER is coming :jonny5:

AAAAAHH how am I gonna survive the wait :jonny6:

So I had the last 3 episodes left to watch so yesterday I binge watched them and I have thoughts:

-The show was good overall but felt rushed.

-At the same time it had time to do “a day in the life of TLOS” episodes like 3 and 7, like those two could have been cute shorts to be released online or as extras but a whole 50min episode for two side characters that die in the same episode? 
-I feel like villains and plots like Kathleen (1x04-05) or David (1x08) could have been fleshed out better, they basically die so fast but felt like it had more potential.

-I’m still not sure what the Fireflies are? A paramilitary group? Rebel forces? 
-What’s up with the rest of the world? 

And finally what an anticlimactic season finale, they have the Anna revelation then like 10min of just wandering and then the Jonh Wickization of Joel managing to kill a whole building of fireflies on his own right after he was dying in the last episode?

And Marlene dying just there?? Imma need to play the game now :)

Was really looking forward to this, but 3 episodes in it's still junk level and is not getting any better :biblio:

I'll reserve final thoughts for until I finish it (if i do), but damn, what a disappointment

no positive qualities aside from beautiful direction/cinematography so far

1 hour ago, Brando said:

Was really looking forward to this, but 3 episodes it's still junk level and is not getting any better :biblio:

I'll reserve final thoughts for until I finish it (if i do), but damn, what a disappointment

no redeeming qualities aside from beautiful direction/cinematography 

you sound old & bitter

1 hour ago, Raptus said:

you sound old & bitter

Cause I didn't like something you liked? lol

I can’t take anybody serious who refers to this show as ‘junk level’ and ‘no redeeming qualities’ :rip:

:lmao:

On 4/2/2023 at 3:31 PM, Wrecked said:

I can’t take anybody serious who refers to this show as ‘junk level’ and ‘no redeeming qualities’ :rip:

When I first heard that they were doing a show, I was so against it because I thought it was a bad idea. I also wish they casted Ellie with a different actress but a couple episodes in and this show is amazing as hell. Think I'm about to start ep.6 and I don't want this to end :weeps:

lemme re-watch in a different language when im done 

11 hours ago, SmittenCake said:

When I first heard that they were doing a show, I was so against it because I thought it was a bad idea. I also wish they casted Ellie with a different actress but a couple episodes in and this show is amazing as hell. Think I'm about to start ep.6 and I don't want this to end :weeps:

lemme re-watch in a different language when im done 

I’ve always been against the idea of it being a movie or show because of how much I loved the game and because of the fact they were already better than most movies. But, as soon as it was announced that Neil Druckmann was involved and it was going to be on HBO I felt more at ease with the idea. 

They completely outdid all of my expectations and I’m glad that people who aren’t gamers (like most of my friends and family) can finally experience this great story. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished this. The game definitely tells the story better. The TV show adapts it well for the most part, albeit itdoes feel rushed and the fact that the dialogue is identical in some areas is quite jarring. The pacing feels really off. 

Some scenes in the TV show felts so unnecessary like the Chat Show Opening Segment, Ellie's Birth, or the initial case of the virus. I don't know why they were included 

Also the acting felt a bit rough in some areas. The Voice Acting is a lot better, but of course it would be. 

The main thing I didn't like was the Bill and Frank episode. Whilst I appreciate that they did something different from the game, I don't think the episode really hit home for me. 

Edited by Cottonmouth

7 hours ago, Cottonmouth said:

Just finished this. The game definitely tells the story better. The TV show adapts it well for the most part, albeit itdoes feel rushed and the fact that the dialogue is identical in some areas is quite jarring. The pacing feels really off. 

Some scenes in the TV show felts so unnecessary like the Chat Show Opening Segment, Ellie's Birth, or the initial case of the virus. I don't know why they were included 

Also the acting felt a bit rough in some areas. The Voice Acting is a lot better, but of course it would be. 

The main thing I didn't like was the Bill and Frank episode. Whilst I appreciate that they did something different from the game, I don't think the episode really hit home for me. 

Interesting take, I really enjoyed the added bits that the game left out.

8 hours ago, Cottonmouth said:

Some scenes in the TV show felts so unnecessary like the Chat Show Opening Segment 

You’re probably the first person I’ve seen not like this opening scene. :rip:

2 minutes ago, Wrecked said:

You’re probably the first person I’ve seen not like this opening scene. :rip:

For me personally, I found it difficult to seperate the show from the video game. Maybe, I'm just too used to the Video Game, but I don't think the opening im the TV series really added anything insightful. 

2 minutes ago, Cottonmouth said:

For me personally, I found it difficult to seperate the show from the video game. Maybe, I'm just too used to the Video Game, but I don't think the opening im the TV series really added anything insightful. 

I mean, you’re entitled to your own opinion, I just haven’t seen anybody else not like that cold opening before. Some people even said it was one of the scariest scenes because of how realistic / similar to COVID it was. 

I was afraid I wasn’t going to be able to separate the show from the game, as it’s been my favourite game since it came out in 2013, but I quickly fell in love with Pedro and Bella and there’s some things I think the show did better (like Joel’s PTSD) - the flashback to Sarah before he beats the FEDRA agent was stronger than it was in the game for me. 

• 4 weeks later...

the-anarchists-s01-ka-1920.jpg

via Deadline Hollywood:

“While everything at this moment is pencils down, I’m hopeful that we can come to terms sooner than later. Otherwise we will have to assess what is the end of the 24 schedule, what are the shows that are going to be delivered for 2025,” Orsi said. “At this point, those shows that I’m looking to air wouldn’t necessarily be ready if this strike last six to nine months. So yes, that’s a big question for us, but I think we’ll cross that road once we come to it.”

It’s “too early to tell” how the scheduling plans for specific shows will being impacted by the writers work stoppage, Orsi said. “We were looking at The Last Of Us for some time in 2025. And The White Lotus was ideally looking to go in 2024 but there’s some question about timing of the strike.”

x

Edited by livelikemusic

i hate you fat hollywood i really hate you girl how hard is it to pay people their fair share... by 2026 we'll be DEAD ma

Isn't there already a thread for the show?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, mystery said:

Isn't there already a thread for the show?

Yes. There's also plenty of topics for announcements for the show, including each time it broke viewership records.

And now there's another topic. :heart2:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

NVM. @tiagol88 handled above.

Edited by livelikemusic
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

Yes. There's also plenty of topics for announcements for the show, including each time it broke viewership records.

And now there's another topic. :heart2:

I wasn't saying anything against the show jesus, I am a fan. Just saying that the thread is tagged as tv show when there already is one.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.