Renaissance Week 2 to outstream Chromatica Week 1, Why?

Rotunda

13 minutes ago, byzantium said:

So you agree that there are better comps for Beyoncé.  I’m confused why you want to make an argument if we agree

I was told for the past 7 weeks that Bey was over, a flop, and doing Gaga numbers. Not only that, I was told that Bey was emulating Gaga’s last era by taking her visuals, producers, and genre. I am simply here to figure out if that’s true, or if those people were, like you, trolling. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rotunda

• byzantium

• cypriotpcdfan

• fauxtography

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, byzantium said:

I’m flattered by how much I apparently occupy your mind rent free.  

so apparently you agree that Gaga is more beyonce’s peer than someone like Taylor or Billie.  

Duh, who would say otherwise? :deadbanana2:

Gaga reach the pinnacle of pop quickly and therefore was and is compared to pop titans, which she once was, same with Brit, Tay, Katy, etc.

Why are you acting brand new?

Billie? Like what? 

1 hour ago, toy soldier. said:

Who was listening to Chromatica when clubs were shut? lol

Or after they opened?

2 minutes ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

I think im finally done with stan culture. I came in here expecting some dramatic difference :dies: 

congrats though lol 

The dramatic difference was the over 100% difference between Chromatica’s Week 1 streams and Renaissance’s Week 1 streams. If you need help finding that thread I’ll link it for you. 

Since most albums decline week 2, I thought it’d be fairer to see if Bey’s second week was easier competition. 

3 minutes ago, Slayn said:

Or after they opened?

:rip: :rip: 

-

Not surprised. Beyonce's album is bigger and much better :cm: 

16 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

The dramatic difference was the over 100% difference between Chromatica’s Week 1 streams and Renaissance’s Week 1 streams. If you need help finding that thread I’ll link it for you. 

Since most albums decline week 2, I thought it’d be fairer to see if Bey’s second week was easier competition. 

What in the world is this passive aggressiveness :ahh:

2 minutes ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

What in the world is this passive aggressiveness :ahh:

Chile there’s no passive aggressiveness, we ain’t got beef :chick1:

33 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

I was told for the past 7 weeks that Bey was over, a flop, and doing Gaga numbers. Not only that, I was told that Bey was emulating Gaga’s last era by taking her visuals, producers, and genre. I am simply here to figure out if that’s true, or if those people were, like you, trolling. 

I’m confused why you are taking a bunch of Gaga comparisons on ATRL so personally.  

1 minute ago, Matthew4815 said:

16 tracks to 13

So 3 extra tracks suddenly gives 11k more units? :bibliahh:

2 hours ago, Sharapov said:

why do beyonce fans keep using gaga as their standard and not taylor or adele?

They wouldn't dare :redface:

5 minutes ago, byzantium said:

I’m confused why you are taking a bunch of Gaga comparisons on ATRL so personally.  

Where did I talk about myself in any of this?

2 minutes ago, Smarticle said:

They wouldn't dare :redface:

Swiftness/Adele fans weren’t flooding every Bey thread making comparisons between Renaissance and 30/Evermore :chick1:

4 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

So 3 extra tracks suddenly gives 11k more units? :bibliahh:

I was being ironic.

No comment on the numbers but I do think it's kind of funny how some members are scrambling now. If things with Ren had gone differently, this whole "why are you guys comparing the two?" narrative or this whole "they're not that far off!1" thing wouldn't be happening. You can go back to that first page of the Break My Soul spotify thread to see what I mean :)

And notice that I said "some" because I recognize that the entire fanbase is not the same

2 hours ago, Sharapov said:

why do beyonce fans keep using gaga as their standard and not taylor or adele?

:coffee2:

1 hour ago, byzantium said:

I’m flattered by how much I apparently occupy your mind rent free.  

so apparently you agree that Gaga is more beyonce’s peer than someone like Taylor or Billie.  

So you running around ATRL switching like f words every two seconds is okay but when you're getting called out all you can say is 'I oCcUpY yOuR mInD!!1!' :rip:

-

OT: Can't say I'm surprised!

43 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

Duh, who would say otherwise? :deadbanana2:

Gaga reach the pinnacle of pop quickly and therefore was and is compared to pop titans, which she once was, same with Brit, Tay, Katy, etc.

Why are you acting brand new?

Billie? Like what? 

You seem to forget that Beyoncé has had much better longevity and held onto a better position than Brit, Katy, Gaga etc.  so that is not a good comparison.  

In reality Beyonce has had such a remarkable career that she does not have a good comparison.  Taylor may be relatively close since she also has remarkable longevity too, but Taylor also debuted 9 years after Beyoncé and is 8 years younger.  

Shakira is also somewhat close but she is serving such a different market.  

12 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Where did I talk about myself in any of this?

The message I was responding to for starters

The girls who wouldn’t shut up with the comparisons now scrambling :ahh:

ot:

Beyonce = demand and relevancy :fishing:

4 minutes ago, Bingo said:

So you running around ATRL switching like f words every two seconds is okay but when you're getting called out all you can say is 'I oCcUpY yOuR mInD!!1!' :rip:

-

OT: Can't say I'm surprised!

I’m pretty consistent.  I’m a big Beyoncé fan, but I find the Hive to be probably the most annoying fanbase beside maybe BTS fans.  But ok.  Get mad.  Do whatever you need to be happy.

tidal did its thing. 

she doing almost nothing on spotify. 

nba young boy was #1 on apple music all week and looks like he barely doing 100k. 

so beyonce’s 2 songs in top15 surely wont make that 90-100m (76k sea) streams in total.

6 minutes ago, AlexStexaul said:

tidal did its thing. 

she doing almost nothing on spotify. 

nba young boy was #1 on apple music all week and looks like he barely doing 100k. 

so beyonce’s 2 songs in top15 surely wont make that 90-100m (76k sea) streams in total.

Serving #StopTheSteal, which I guess makes sense since you’re one of ATRL’s well known racists 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.