Vanishing Letters 10 | WINNER REVEALED (pg. 118) | #ATRL'sNextTopVanisher

Overprotected

Avril Lavigne - When You're Gone - she really knows how to make these sad pop-rock ballads huh :cries: great song

Katy Perry - Never Really Over - TOTGA was right there… :thing: this is still a major bop though and one of her only good best songs since Prism :katie2:

Justin Bieber - Ghost - I actually like this song :fan: definitely one of his best outputs post-Purpose

Alicia Keys - Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart - not connecting with it that much atm

Whitney Houston - Run to You - not the most creative but you can’t really go wrong with Whitney especially in a round like this

Toni Braxton - Un-Break My Heart - also not super exciting but it’s a beautiful song :heart:

Laufey - Let You Break My Heart Again - oh wow this is very pretty :eek: I’m surprised it’s from 2021 bc it sounds like it came straight out of the 50s

Tyler, the Creator - See You Again (ft. Kali Uchis) - love both of them :heart: cute song although I’ve never been like head over heels for it

Frank Ocean - Thinkin Bout You - talented brilliant incredible etc :jonny2:

Ariana Grande - Thinking Bout You - one of the best songs from her best album :jonny2:

The Cranberries - Linger - it’s cute

fka Twigs - home with you - one of the best songs ever methinks :jonny2:

Ravyn Lenae - Wish - very pretty :smitten:

beabadoobee - See You Soon - very chill and vibey :jamming:

Dua Lipa - Be the One - this was my favorite dua song at one point :alexz3: still a cute bop

Miley Cyrus - See You Again - disney channel bop :jamming: I was going to say that it aged but I feel like it’s me that has aged :'(

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Overprotected

• Julia Fox

• wish

• Touch It

8Y6jc0j.gif

Avril Lavigne - When You're Gone

Wow, I actually can’t believe how good and iconic this is. She really has the best ballads ever!

Katy Perry - Never Really Over

I remember liking this way more than I do listening now :shy: it’s fun but I feel like it loses its charm as the song goes on, even though the post chorus is the best part of it. It’s still a nice song though!

Justin Bieber - Ghost

I don’t dislike his music but this album is just okay and this song does nothing for me if I’m honest

Alicia Keys - Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart

Wait, this production, I liveeee!!! I don’t really care for the vocals if I’m honest, but the instrumental really captivated me

Whitney Houston - Run to You

It’s very epic 90s ballad, so it’s powerful! I don’t think it’s very memorable if I’m honest :shy:

Toni Braxton - Un-Break My Heart

Classic!! Her voice is so sultry yet so desperate and emotional. I love this song!!

Laufey - Let You Break My Heart Again

This is veeeery pretty. Almost everything that has harp on it, captivates me. I love how beautiful and ethereal this is!

Tyler, the Creator - See You Again (ft. Kali Uchis)

I might be with the minority here but I enjoyed Tyler’s performance way more than Kali’s. This was a very nice discovery for me! I really enjoyed the production here as well

Frank Ocean - Thinkin Bout You

A very chill and cool song. I don’t stan hard but I really enjoy it!

Ariana Grande - Thinking Bout You

KINDA HER BEST SONG EVER THIS IS QUITE THE MASTERPIECE AHHHHHHHHHHH This is what longing feels like omgggg the way everything builds up and she tells a story of how she feels lonely, she gets nostalgic, at times she feels horny and she just wants her man BACK. Ughhhhhhhhhh, this is stunning, I just want to listen to this song over and over ?

The Cranberries - Linger

A really pretty classic!! Dolores’ voice is just lovely and quite charming!

fka Twigs - home with you

I HAVEN’T HEARD THIS SONG IN A BIT. I don’t remember this being as boppy as it feels right now. The production is so cool and the song’s structure is very unusual. It’s such a unique song!! The second verse omggggg

Ravyn Lenae - Wish

Very pretty, sounds straight from a disney movie! It’s ethereal and I love how she evokes this feeling of hope!

beabadoobee - See You Soon

Very pretty [2] I loved the last minute of the song the most! I love the way it gets more noisy with very contrasting sounds like these electronic random sounds along with piano keys! That was really cool

Dua Lipa - Be the One

I don’t really care for her work prior to Future Nostalgia. This is at least better than New Rules but it does nothing for me :( 

Miley Cyrus - See You Again

A really good throwback!! This reminds me of my Hot Topic era and I love that 

@minho @Rotunda @Future Lover @Noah @brycehooha @Lucky#17 @wish @Element @thecptz @Bicassie @Opulent @Julia Fox @Hikari @Technicolor @luckystrike @Seffers 

It's no Wish You Were Here, but still a great and emotional ballad

Always thought the verses were just meh, but aside from that I love this song, the chorus makes it for me

Justin Bieber - Ghost
Hmm, it's kinda cute actually

I liked this a lot, very cute choice

Not necessarily my favorite Whitney song, but wheww those vocals

Mega classic, the bridge onwards is a total collapse

This was a really pleasant listen, I love the instrumentation

This was cute, I like both of their parts

Classic, love this song

Possibly my favorite song on DW, lovely choice

The Cranberries - Linger
It's very pretty

Wait this is amazing

Ravyn Lenae - Wish
It's very pretty [2]

This was really enjoyable

Dua Lipa - Be the One
Love this song, it makes me feel happy

This nostalgic bop :jamming:

• ATRL Moderator

Ugh absolutely!! This is so emotional and catchy. You just want to belt it out whenever you hear it.

Whew she ate this up! Still sounds great 3 years later. Should have been promoted and smashed harder.

Justin Bieber - Ghost

This is his best song in years honestly... but good luck... IDK why you sent it :shy:

Honestly kind of forgot about this song until the chorus hit. Then I was like oh yeah! It's enjoyable.

It's fine, but definitely gets a bit lost in the mix imo

A lovely classic!

Very pretty. You def have to be in a certain mood for it... it reminded me of a Disney or Broadway song during like the sad x hopeless tension before the finale.

This went in one ear and out the other. Nothing gripped me.

Really loved this!! His falsetto slayed me

Whew... on an amazing album, this is one of the best tracks. A discography highlight tbh

The Cranberries - Linger

Not feeling it! Her vocals are kind of grating tbh.

There are parts of this song I like and parts that I don't like at all.

Ravyn Lenae - Wish

Ughhh she's so talented. Love the atmopshere and vocals. The build up to the orchestral ending... brilliant.

This was just kind of bland 4 me, sorry Sanguine

Dua Lipa - Be the One

I used to not really connect with this song years ago, but it has grown on me over time! Power by Ellie Goulding helped cement my appreciation x

Amazing way to finish the playlist!! I have so much nostalgia associated with this bop :jonnycat:

spacer.png

Avril Lavigne - When You're Gone - This is a very good song, I would have preferred 'wish u were here' but this is still pretty good, unfortunately this round is filled with many powerful songs that I love so I doubt this will be in my top five rankings but it should still do decent. 

Katy Perry - Never Really Over - girlll The One That Got Away was right there! Not sure how one would think of this before that for this theme but ok! You're lucky that this song is pop perfection! One of her best! 

Justin Bieber - Ghost - This choice has to be unserious LOL. Not a bad song, it's cute but sending his recent songs in a game like this, this round is just too competitive, Sorry sweetie. 

Alicia Keys - Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart - This song always gets me really emotional, what an amazing song, Alicia has so many excellent singles, truly an R&B icon! 

Whitney Houston - Run to You - THIS IS HOW YOU SINGGGGGGGG!! YAAAAAAAAAASS! The runs in this song are so masterful and just reinforces that she was one of the best vocalists in pop music of all time, just pure brilliance and vocal excellence. You ATE! Legendary voice, ugh the talent btchhhh! This song also gets me extremely emotional 

Toni Braxton - Un-Break My Heart - :jonny::jonny: the 1-2-3 punch of the last three songs, I love an R&B power ballad! Toni and that lower register whewwww! What an iconic song, a masterpiece of a classic! Congratulations! 

Laufey - Let You Break My Heart Again - Wow, this was really calming, she reminds me of Miss Streisand a bit with her laid back yet powerful vocal approach, this was really stunning and hauntingly gorgeous. 

Tyler, the Creator - See You Again (ft. Kali Uchis) - A really nice song, not among my favs in this lineup but this should still do pretty well in my ranking because it's a solid song. 

Frank Ocean - Thinkin Bout You - If anyone knows me well know that Frank is MY MAN! And I love this beautiful song so so much, I have cried to this classic multiple times, he has such a lovely voice ugh! Ranking this round is gonna be so difficult, y'all ate! 

Ariana Grande - Thinking Bout You - Best song on this album (her most overrated album hihi) but this song is nothing short of remarkable. A discography highlight indeed. 

The Cranberries - Linger - this was a nice listen, the production with the background vocals are really great, it's a shame that there are other songs I like more than this but it's still a very good song. 

fka Twigs - home with you - An excellent song, it has a lot of competition this round but I think it's strong enough to compete with them! Her enchanting vocals really steal the show in this record. 

Ravyn Lenae - Wish - :jonny5::jonny5: flawless song from one of the R&B AOTYS! Such an ethereal and magical song, her voice is just so delightful and this song is lovely to relax and stare at your ceiling to, her voice is very comforting and I resonate a lot with the lyrics, incredible instrumentation too, simply a masterpiece, this album deserve Grammys! 

beabadoobee - See You Soon - This was really nice, her voice sounds really great here too, a nice song. 

Dua Lipa - Be the One - This is definitely one of her best songs pre-FN. Her debut album has hit or miss songs for me but this is definitely one of the great ones. Solid pop song! 

Miley Cyrus - See You Again - Very nostalgic choice, I do really like this song, ranking this round is gonna be tough for me because I'm gonna have to rank some songs I like in the middle and this song might suffer from that, great song tho! 

@minho @Rotunda @Future Lover @Noah @brycehooha @Lucky#17 @wish @Element @thecptz @Bicassie @Opulent @Julia Fox @Hikari @Technicolor @luckystrike @Seffers 

Classic

Pop perfection

Justin Bieber - Ghost

Not bad. Kinda cute actually

it's okay. Not that memorable for me

Not really into this, sorry

Cute classic

Cute song

It was fine. I like Kali's vocals

A classic. So smooth

Lovely song. The best song from this album

The Cranberries - Linger

It's nice

Cute song

Ravyn Lenae - Wish

I like it a lot. Thanks for sending!

Not bad actually. A cute discovery

Dua Lipa - Be the One

Never liked this. Dua has gotten so much better

A classic. Miley did that!

Coming for safe just because two tasteless people because if it weren’t for them I would be high :gayoncecat1:

7DokJRx.gif

Avril Lavigne - When You're Gone: I knew we would get this classic, I love it
Katy Perry - Never Really Over: not the Katy song I was expecting this round… but whew I'm still obsessed with this 3 years later
Justin Bieber - Ghost: I know you're not serious… his voice is so annoying to me and this song just doesn't measure up to some of the classics we have here
Alicia Keys - Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart: there's something very captivating about this song, although I think it goes on a bit longer than it needs to 
Whitney Houston - Run to You: it's a basic Whitney AC classic for me, which is good but not great
Toni Braxton - Un-Break My Heart: this massive ******* classic whew
Laufey - Let You Break My Heart Again: this is much more gorgeous than expected wow
Tyler, the Creator - See You Again: okay okay okay okay okay was the best descriptor and disclaimer for this song x
Frank Ocean - Thinkin Bout You: very nice, middle of the pack this round for me 
Ariana Grande - Thinking Bout You: really like this track from her but not as much as many of the other entries here this round
The Cranberries - Linger: an undeniable amazing talented classic
fka Twigs - home with you: her music is not for me x
Ravyn Lenae - Wish: very cutesy but unfortunately doesn't break through here much 
beabadoobee - See you Soon: I like her and I like this but again, strong round so idk where it will rank
Dua Lipa - Be the One: thought this didn't fit but then I read the lyrics and it actually does like… she ate
Miley Cyrus - See You Again: this absolute smash…

AampDFY.gif

Avril Lavigne - When You're Gone: Does its job. Decent. 

Katy Perry - Never Really Over: Never cared that much for this song. TOTGA was much preffered. 

Justin Bieber - Ghost: Not his worst song nor worst song here. People do too much on it. 

Alicia Keys - Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart: Fine ig. Not very memorable from her. 

Whitney Houston - Run to You: Ballads do not do a thing for me. 

Toni Braxton - Un-Break My Heart: Recognizable and good. 

Laufey - Let You Break My Heart Again: A little boring. 

Tyler, the Creator - See You Again (ft. Kali Uchis): They did their thing yes. 

Frank Ocean - Thinkin Bout You: Some excellent food at last. Thanks for serving. 

Ariana Grande - Thinking Bout You: Haven't gone back to DW in a while but this was satisfactory. 

The Cranberries - Linger: Way better than their overplayed "zombie" song.  

fka Twigs - home with you: Never liked this song. Her vocals are just unpleasant. 

Ravyn Lenae - Wish: Doesn't do much for me. 

beabadoobee - See You Soon: Same as wish. 

Dua Lipa - Be the One: She has done better but it's still good. 

Miley Cyrus - See You Again: I like the melody yea. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.