The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

Back to #1 in France for Saturday

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately it's doing below expectations but still above expectations from when Halle was fiesty announced.

It'll struggle to cross 500m ww

Just got back from the theater and I gotta say, this has to be one of my favorite live action Disney films ever. Halle was definitely the highlight of this entire movie. Her singing, her emotions, her body language, EVERYTHING about her was perfect and her haters truly lost cos she ate the role.

I thought Eric was better portrayed now than the animation honestly! His story is so much more interesting now with the added origin story. And I didn’t mind his song too, I actually liked it the most out of all the new songs. Also I didn’t realize how good looking Jonah Hauer-King is. I was melting every time he smiled on screen. Also the scene after the Ursula battle where his shirt was all ripped up. Ariel, I get you now :gaycat6:

Scuttlebutt works in the context of the film but I would never listen to that one again tbh. Scuttle gets so much hate but my theater was living for her! And I actually thought she was great. Hearing Awkwafina as Scuttle for the first time took me out of the movie a bit but I got used to her eventually.

Melissa did a better job than I expected. Her Poor Unfortunate Souls was a highlight!

The other parts of the film were so good too. They did an amazing job with this one! 

Edited by Baltie

3 hours ago, MrLovett said:

I genuinely don't understand the issue with Awkwafina as Scuttle. I thought she was hilarious and the entire audience (especially the kids) was in hysterics over her. The juxtaposition to this forum is wild!

I legit couldn't stop laughing at her :rip: And I loved her rap with Sebastian :rip: 

The Little Mermaid was the most popular princess movie until Frozen came up and the second most popular Disney movies in 90s after the TLK.

So basically had Ariel been white the box office score of this movie  would be $1.2M-1.35B WW.

50 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

The Little Mermaid was the most popular princess movie until Frozen came up and the second most popular Disney movies in 90s after the TLK.

So basically had Ariel been white the box office score of this movie  would be $1.2M-1.35B WW.

pretty much

It was so good. Halle did what she had to do :clap3: 

Just came out of the movie theater and I absolutely loved it… I think it became my favorite Disney live-action :jonny5:

38 minutes ago, Mezter said:

It was so good. Halle did what she had to do :clap3: 

28 minutes ago, PopA911 said:

Just came out of the movie theater and I absolutely loved it… I think it became my favorite Disney live-action :jonny5:

:gaygacat4:

Deadline is reporting a $30M+ Saturday. Better than Charlie's earlier projection. Let's hope it bumps up a bit more. 

TLM is suffering from uneven play throughout the country. Typically these big family films get their big grosses from playing equally heavy in both urban centres and suburban areas. But we are seeing TLM not get the same traction in less urban areas so increase aren't materializing as expected. PoC women are coming out in epic force to support the film though.  

Of course we all know the reason why some families are avoiding the film. 

is it doing good in the UK?

It was a good movie. Halle is the star of the movie. And the audacity of racist people to call someone like Halle ugly. She is a very beautiful girl with an unique look. She is one of the most beautiful women in showbizz right now to me.

26 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

Of course we all know the reason why some families are avoiding the film. 

Exactly! :pukey:

8 minutes ago, Embustera said:

It was a good movie. Halle is the star of the movie. And the audacity of racist people to call someone like Halle ugly. She is a very beautiful girl with an unique look. She is one of the most beautiful women in showbizz right now to me.

Her face card is CRAZY! :jonnycat:

• Like 1

Not TLM rescuing Disney failing live action movies again. :rip:

The movie is actually better than most live action they have put out. The moment Halle started singing, she immidiately convinces me as Ariel. And the chemistry she has with Eric is undeniable and definitely carries the movie. Hollywood/Disney should start casting these 2 for multiple romcoms ASAP! 

Ursula is a let down to me because sadly she looks awkard with the movement most of the times. While the OG was electric and confident. That's why Vanessa the character stands out in comparison because the actress completely outacted Melissa in those short 5 mins of screentime playing the same character. The rest is servicable.

https://twitter.com/BORReport/status/1662850650567499781?sDisney's The Little Mermaid grossed an estimated $95.5M domestically over the 3-day weekend (from 4,320 locations). Estimated 4-day weekend gross is $117.5M.

3 hours ago, Delirious said:

It'll struggle to cross 500m ww

They’re going to lose money if it only grosses $500M.

Budgets are out of control... @Disney

Elemental: $200M

Little Mermaid: $250M

Indiana Jones: $300M

:psyduck:

the Monday update would be at $22M which is better than Beauty and the Beast's $13.5M in 2017

but lower Monday than Aladdin: $25.3M in 2019

The bird character bugged the ish out of me.

I liked what they did with Ursula.

Annoyed Ariel new what constellations were all of a sudden after she knew nothing earlier.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.