The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

8 minutes ago, V$. said:

Jessica (Vanessa) has been blocking people for saying she should have been Ariel on ig! :clap3:

Imagem

QUEEN! :jonnycat:

Good on her

:clap3: 

We should have a thread where we can discuss domestic and international box office gross weekly. So we don’t have to make a thread for every movie.. 

The numbers are not good 

Edited by Sweetestsecret

28 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

Is the international or domestic

box office more of a disappointment? And what’s the reason?

Disney's original classic Ariel was a white girl with red hair... people used to watch that version...Also many people disliked the CGI on Sebastian and the other characters under the sea ..135 minutes are too long..

Edited by Sweetestsecret
  • Like 1

Aladdin did $214M (not 207) WW first weekend. In comparison without Korea, China and Russia TLM is at $190M WW and it is doing a little bit better in North America and a little bit lower in other big markets so far. I think $165M  is off the mark. Probably the total must be around $175M, IMO but let's wait. 

1 minute ago, FreeXone said:

How is 175 million not good

The overseas portion is less than what Dumbo made :rip:an A-List Disney movie like TLM should be performing more like the other Renaissance era movies  

I don’t really care about supporting an evil multi-billion dollar company like Disney but I’m just glad the movie was good. :clap3:

36 minutes ago, V$. said:

Jessica (Vanessa) has been blocking people for saying she should have been Ariel on ig! :clap3:

Imagem

This is bad ***** behaviour.

44 minutes ago, V$. said:

Imagem

Do people not think or simply lack any kind of empathy? What makes people think saying she would have made a better Ariel than Halle think it's ok?

I saw this yesterday and absolutely loved it. 

Halle, Melissa, Prince Eric… the cast was great. 

Flounder was a flop tho but Sebastian surprised me with how much I enjoyed him that I forgave the floppage of Flounder 

Great domestic opening but worrying international. Hope it grows legs.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, FreeXone said:

How is 175 million not good

It’s production budget was $250m. Marketing was close to $100m from what I’ve heard. Movies make the vast majority of their money in the first couple of weeks so if it’s off to a rough start, it’s hard to course correct. I’m no BO expert but I guess most movies follow the same trajectories and drop % are fairly easy to predict after a couple days etc etc Of course it could buck the trends and have unexpected legs. It happens, but those films tend to be outliers. 

49 minutes ago, EmailMySwift said:

Asia really said no to this. It's one thing if it was about the quality of the movie but the terrible Beauty and the Beast live action made a killing so racism is the only explanation. 

https://twitter.com/Luiz_Fernando_J/status/1662852893156802560

It’s crazy. For music, it’s the opposite. Americans are more racist (see Morgan Wallen only smashing in America. But for film, America seems to be the only saving grace for TLM

Just got back from watching....I loved it!! Halle really lit up the screen even during the parts of the firls where she was silent. She is magnetic on screen 😍 

31 minutes ago, V$. said:

20230528-170140.jpg

:pukey:

Korea being extremely anti-black is so ironic considering how they’ve built an entire music industry ripping off black American music :celestial5:

OT: this bombing outside of the US and especially in Asia is not surprising and Disney probably already knew that when they casted Halle. Hopefully it performs similar to BP 2 with a strong US leg. 

Latin America more supportive than Europe:

Mexico 

Aladdin - $8.9M

TLM - $8.5M

Argentina 

Aladdin - $1.2M

TLM - $2.5M

Brazil 

Aladdin - $4.6m

TLM - $4

From 3 biggest markets of Latin America. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

Mexico 

Aladdin - $8.9M

TLM - $8.5M

Argentina 

Aladdin - $1.2M

TLM - $2.5M

Brazil 

Aladdin - $4.6m

TLM - $4

mi gente latino :gaygacat5:

2 hours ago, Aristotle said:

Mexico 

Aladdin - $8.9M

TLM - $8.5M

Argentina 

Aladdin - $1.2M

TLM - $2.5M

Brazil 

Aladdin - $4.6m

TLM - $4

I love it! 

I’m planning on seeing the film tomorrow with my nieces :bird:

The demographic breakdown of watchers is quite interesting:

Heavy female leaning at 68%, with 61% between 18-34, and the largest demo being millennial 25-34 year olds at 35%. Diversity demos strong across the board, with 35% Black, 25% Latino and Hispanic, 26% Caucasian and 11% Asian. Most vibrant lands for Ariel were the East, South, and South Central. 

https://deadline.com/2023/05/box-office-the-little-mermaid-1235380526/

The article also confirms this had the biggest marketing budget of any Disney Live Action remake.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.