The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! šŸ«§šŸš

V$.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

I saw that Melissa was a disappointment in the spinets.Ā No face expression, weak voice impression and minimal body language. A dead fish!

I must say that this is, to a great degree, also the mistake of directors too.Ā 

You can look at the scenes of Maleficent, Jolie runs circles around her.Ā  Truly a breathtaking performance.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

38 minutes ago, Darkgalord said:

I was gonna say this 100%

Ā 

Vanessa ATE her UP.

I was living for VanessaĀ :ahh:

Queen!!!Ā :msmarvel:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Some BTS pics of the actress who is Vanessa (Jessica Alexander)Ā :WAP:

Ā 

Imagem

Ā 

Imagem

Ā 

Imagem

Ā 

ImagemĀ 

• Like 2

Dr. Alexander
1 hour ago, monologueNacafe said:

Saw it twice and really liked it. Halle and Melissa were great. Only critiques are that the movie was a bit too long and King Triton.Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

I also thought it was a bit too long (could've gotten rid of "Scuttlebutt")

I didnā€™t think it was too long at all. It went by rather quickly for me. I think Ā attention spans are just getting shorter and shorter for most people. Now, Black Panther II felt too longĀ :dies:

Ā 

Itā€™s clear they wanted another fun song, but Scuttlebutt shouldnā€™t have been it. The whole flea market scene where people were dancing wouldā€™ve been the perfect place for the fun song.Ā 

I really liked it. It was so cute and Halle ateĀ :jonny2:

Ā 

Iā€™d risk it all for Eric tooĀ :jonny2:

• Like 1

Saw it for a second time again and I love it even more (if that's even possible)Ā :jonny5:

Ā 

Gonna squeeze in a 3rd sometime next week for sureĀ :toofunny2:

Edited by dman4life
  • Like 1

I may go see it sometime this next week, if not tomorrow. It just ultimately depends on how I feel; I wouldn't mind catching a matinee.

I watched, loved it, and I enjoyed the changes made. Ā Especially the ending, it was good. Ā 

• Halle truly embodies the spirt of Ariel perfectly. Ā I can't imagine anyone else portraying her in this movie. Ā 
  • Scuttle, Sebastian, and FlounderĀ all really grew on me. Ā 
  • This Eric trumps his animated counterpart easily. Ā I loved his origin story here, but hated his song.
  • Melissa as Ursula was great, but her eels should have been able to talk. Ā 
  • For all the praise forĀ Vanessa eating up her 5 minutes of screen time ... she did nothing for me. Ā 
  • King Triton also fall flat for me as did the other daughters. Ā 
  • Like 1

This was way better than I expected it to be (and I expected it to be good). I had CHILLS during part of your world. I saw the clips but it hits different in the theater.Ā 

Ā 

Going to see it in 4D tomorrow.

58 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

https://twitter.com/meJat32/status/1662628259165777920?s=20

Ā Ā 
Ā 

This is apparently not goodĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I think itā€™s fine as long as it has legs? Which it should, based on cinemascore. A lot of people in my theater clapped at the end. Last time that happened for me it was Top Gun (:rip:).

just got back from seeing it, and loved it :clap3:Ā halle was even better than I was expecting

Ā 

I was surprisingly impressed with melissa mccarthy in particular

Ā 

definitely going to see it again, in imax this time

Ā 

Ā 

Just saw it and WOW! My entire family absolutely liked it. My mother couldn't stop saying how Halle felt so genuine as Ariel. Really great movie, a bit long since when we left the cinema it was dark outside but we didn't even feel it the duration of the movie! An absolute 9/10, and Disney's best live action since CinderellaĀ 

ended About My Father and Sebastian ManiscalcoĀ :clap3:

I'm hoping that TLM can make up for it's debut shortfalls by having nice steady drops from good audience WoM. It's undeniable that those who have seen it, are enjoying it.Ā 

ariel and ursula carried the movie with their performances...halle's singing:clap3: and beautyĀ :spring:

Ā 

awkwafina as scuttle was by far the worst part of the movieĀ :bibliahh:Ā 

Ā 

who thought that would be a good idea

Ā 

and the scuttle song was cringe tooĀ :biblio:

Ā 

overall good movie though!

Ā 

1 hour ago, blaggot said:

Ā 

Ā 

I was surprisingly impressed with melissa mccarthy in particular

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

same ! I really was worried when she was originally announced to be cast for the role.

Ā 

all of the disney villains from

the original films are honestly so irreplacable and they own the screen when they appear ā€” ursula especially is such an iconic character in the animated movie...so I was not sure

Ā 

but honestly she not only really embodied the essence of ursula but she also made it a little her own which I liked.

I genuinely don't understand the issue with Awkwafina as Scuttle. I thought she was hilarious and the entire audience (especially the kids) was in hysterics over her. The juxtaposition to this forum is wild!

Went to see it last night and I really enjoyed it, but I had much higher expectations given the raving from this thread. I feel like a lot of you overpraise it just to make a point and 'prove racists wrong'.Ā 
Ā 

Halle was definitely the highlight (more so on the singing part than the acting), Eric was ok-ish, his performance was saved by the fact that there was great chemistry between him and Halle; I did not feel Ursula at all however.Ā 
Ā 

The whole thing dragged on for a bit too long due to some unnecessary and cringey additions (the scuttle song what was that), and while I like the aesthetic and color palette they went for it does not encapsulate the magic of the original personally.Ā 
Ā 

I think 6/10 is a fair score for the movie. One of the better Disney live actions remakes but would not put it in a top5.Ā 

Just watched it, loved it :jonny:

Ā 

If I could take anything out of it it would be Prince Eric's song, it felt like he was singing for 10 minutes and just really flat :rip:

11 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

I genuinely don't understand the issue with Awkwafina as Scuttle. I thought she was hilarious and the entire audience (especially the kids) was in hysterics over her. The juxtaposition to this forum is wild!

ATRL (and Twitter) just loves to be out of touch. My theater lived for Scuttle. The song, admittedly, is not one Iā€™d listen to on Spotify, but it works in the context of the movie.Ā 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.