Biden's job approval plummets to 33%. Only 26% dems want a 2nd term (NYT)

Chemist

Another day, another Biden Bashing thread. I'm so close to just accepting that the far left is going to just willingly give this country away to literal Nazis. I mean, we thought it wouldn't get this bad... Yet here we are. Fully expecting SCOTUS to allow state legislatures to choose electors and steal the 2024 election — and for leftists to blame it all on Democrats as per usual when they were the cause of all of this by not voting in 2016 to begin with.

Have fun y'all. I'm getting the f*** out of here eventually (I am lucky enough to have a pathway out of this mess). I'm done with this bullsh**. **** all of you.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Bomb

• frenchyisback

• byzantium

• ClashAndBurn

8 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

Another day, another Biden Bashing thread. I'm so close to just accepting that the far left is going to just willingly give this country away to literal Nazis.

Biden is literally the one already doing this. :deadbanana2:

49 minutes ago, byzantium said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/exit-polls-2020-super-tuesday-primary/

Look at the exit polls. This is public information.  The DNC forced out Pete and Amy and STILL Biden only got 35% of the white vote.  His support as a candidate remained from his core black support where he got 58% of the vote. 

I think what's being ignored is the effect of the party coalescing around Biden and essentially going 'let's wrap it up'.

You literally just have to look at polls pre-endorsement and post-endorsement. 

Pete, Amy, Beto, etc. endorsing Biden, him getting tens of millions of dollars in free ads via media coverage, and the party coalescing around him didn't just help shift Pete/Amy's largely white voters to him - which were how he won - but made undecided voters of color feel they had to accept the "electability" argument. So not only were Biden's margins with white voters increased, Sanders' leaders with non-white voters softened the more the media pushed Biden.

Again, this is seen in polls in many states where Sanders was largely leading due to expanding a lead on Biden with non-white voters faster than Biden could snatch white voters from others, only to then go from +5 Sanders to +4 Biden over the course of just a week.

Biden was able to be 'pushed' to the front due to this. Look at him winning states like ME, MA, OK, etc. that Sanders was expected to carry based on his 2016 coalition. Biden won white voters in MA by more than he won black voters. He bested Sanders in Minnesota by +4 points amongst black voters but by +15 amongst white voters. He won TX off of white support. Black voters were not enough of the voting body in places like CA or TX for Biden to soften Sanders' leads through their support. Those numbers originate amongst white voters.

Biden raised his margins the most with white voters pre-Super Tuesday vs post-Super Tuesday.

Edited by Communion

8 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

Another day, another Biden Bashing thread. I'm so close to just accepting that the far left is going to just willingly give this country away to literal Nazis.

I like how "Biden has an approval rating of 33%" is the fault of "far-left Biden bashing." :smile: 

9 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

Fully expecting SCOTUS to allow state legislatures to choose electors and steal the 2024 election — and for leftists to blame it all on Democrats as per usual when they were the cause of all of this by not voting in 2016 to begin with.

We voted for Hillary moreso than Hillary Hens voted for Obama. She just didn't want to campaign in Wisconsin. But... sure?

You Biden stans would have received top marks in Clown College. But I think circus clowns are also more intellectually honest than some of you, so that might not be fair to them tbh!

18 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

Another day, another Biden Bashing thread. I'm so close to just accepting that the far left is going to just willingly give this country away to literal Nazis. I mean, we thought it wouldn't get this bad... Yet here we are. Fully expecting SCOTUS to allow state legislatures to choose electors and steal the 2024 election — and for leftists to blame it all on Democrats as per usual when they were the cause of all of this by not voting in 2016 to begin with.

Have fun y'all. I'm getting the f*** out of here eventually (I am lucky enough to have a pathway out of this mess). I'm done with this bullsh**. **** all of you.

The leftists ending Biden by posting on a gay pop forum. The power :jonny5:

Edited by A Bomb

2 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

I like how "Biden has an approval rating of 33%" is the fault of "far-left Biden bashing." :smile: 

We voted for Hillary moreso than Hillary Hens voted for Obama. She just didn't want to campaign in Wisconsin. But... sure?

You Biden stans would have received top marks in Clown College. But I think circus clowns are also more intellectually honest than some of you, so that might not be fair to them tbh!

I specifically said non-voters. Not third party voters. But nice try. All of the past major elections polls show that my/our generation (assuming most of us here are 18-24) are not stepping up and doing their duty.

And none of these threads add on the fact that even with "low" numbers and constant negative media attention from the fringe left and right, Kamala Harris still beats Desantis in matchups.

I'm just done fighting with y'all. You'll never change your minds. So go ahead, keep on trucking along Weimar Germany's path and see exactly where party infighting leads you too.

26% is a fantastic number to see. The base is switched on. Step out gracefully Joe and keep whatever is left of your dignity :cm:
The far right must be defeated. Joe is NOT the man for the job. Even liberals should be able to see that.

35 minutes ago, nadiamendell said:

What is going on here? :deadbanana2:Everyone seems to be arguing the same point but still finding a way to argue with one another. :rip:

IDK, sis, all I know is that Joe Biden either needs to forgive these student loans or he can rot in hell!!! :jonny:

1 minute ago, Communion said:

IDK, sis, all I know is that Joe Biden either needs to forgive these student loans or he can rot in hell!!! :jonny:

Agreed!! :WAP:

4 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

I specifically said non-voters. Not third party voters. But nice try. All of the past major elections polls show that my/our generation (assuming most of us here are 18-24) are not stepping up and doing their duty.

And none of these threads add on the fact that even with "low" numbers and constant negative media attention from the fringe left and right, Kamala Harris still beats Desantis in matchups.

I'm just done fighting with y'all. You'll never change your minds. So go ahead, keep on trucking along Weimar Germany's path and see exactly where party infighting leads you too.

Why is it LEFTISTS are to blame for infighting when #StillWithHer and #KHive are the ones still relitigating 2016 and making Susan Sarandon trend on Twitter everytime there's a SCOTUS decision they don't like? Why is it LEFTISTS to blame for infighting when KHive influencers are literally putting out hitlists for their followers to harass constantly?

Communion and I both voted for Hillary in 2016, and you guys constantly **** on us as though we were Jill Stein voters, even though if we were, it wouldn't have even made a difference in either of the states we voted in. We voted the way y'all wanted us to and to this day centrists treat us like garbage. You can gaslight and pretend that it's all about voters who stayed home, but... most of the voters who stayed home were unenthused normie dems that work paycheck to paycheck and couldn't afford to take time off work to vote for a woman who failed to inspire them, or even to campaign in their state. :gaycat6: 

17 minutes ago, Communion said:

I think what's being ignored is the effect of the party coalescing around Biden and essentially going 'let's wrap it up'.

You literally just have to look at polls pre-endorsement and post-endorsement. 

Pete, Amy, Beto, etc. endorsing Biden, him getting tens of millions of dollars in free ads via media coverage, and the party coalescing around him didn't just help shift Pete/Amy's largely white voters to him - which were how we won - but made undecided voters of color feel they had to accept the "electability" argument. So not only were Biden's margins with white voters increased, Sanders' leaders with non-white voters softened the more the media pushed him.

Again, this is seen in polls in many states where Sanders lead with non-white voters going from +5 Sanders to +4 Biden over the course of just a week.

Biden was able to be 'pushed' to the front due to this. Look at him winning states like ME, MA, OK, etc. that Sanders was expected to carry based on his 2016 coalition. Biden won white voters in MA by more than he won black voters. He bested Sanders in Minnesota by +4 points amongst black voters but by +15 amongst white voters. He won TX off of white support. Black voters were not enough of the voting body in places like CA or TX for Biden to soften Sanders' leads through their support.

He raised his margins the most with white voters pre-Super Tuesday vs post-Super Tuesday.

I don't think we are disagreeing here.  Pete and Amy's base was largely white and "moderate" so it was the Democrat's plan that Biden would increase his support amongst centrist whites.  But to get there the DNC had to interfere.  Biden was only really hanging on because of Black support.  

3 minutes ago, byzantium said:

I don't think we are disagreeing here.  Pete and Amy's base was largely white and "moderate" so it was the Democrat's plan that Biden would increase his support amongst centrist whites.  But to get there the DNC had to interfere.  Biden was only really hanging on because of Black support.  

I think the only point of contention is that, when you have a numbers game, yes, Biden had a substantial lead amongst black voters, but when it comes down to which numbers then resulted in delegates, Biden winning white voters by +8 points resulted in more actual delegates his way over Sanders than winning at the furthest end black voters by +40 due to them being condensed into a smaller amount of states and simply being fewer raw numbers.

Just like in the same way Sanders winning Hispanic voters by +8 was more substantial than winning Asian voters by +23 points, who were largely in California.

The below from the exit polls being the main thing people should takeaway before anything but why Democrats are in the situation they are in now:

FVSnE60.png

3EE5ObW.png

gki4ivC.png

ZrQCeoX.png

by1phjD.png

Screen-Shot-2022-07-11-at-11-30-32-PM.pn

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Sugar-Rush said:

I hope you're joking about him stepping down. Kamala would be far worse as his replacement; just look at how incompetent she's been as vice president. I guarantee that her approval rating would be worse than Biden's in less time. :skull:

No one is saying she should be the candidate should Biden step down. Many people saying someone else should run think about open primary should take place so voters can decide for themselves. Kamala is an executive failure (which is kinda sad for her cause she felt much more capable as a Senator and really did herself dirty pursuing the White House).

• ATRL Moderator
55 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

64% of Democratic voters want someone else to run. Do you think all 64% of these voters are “far left”? 

18 minutes ago, Bloo said:

No one is saying she should be the candidate should Biden step down. Many people saying someone else should run think about open primary should take place so voters can decide for themselves. Kamala is an executive failure (which is kinda sad for her cause she felt much more capable as a Senator and really did herself dirty pursuing the White House).

This.  :cm:

6 minutes ago, Bloo said:

64% of Democratic voters want someone else to run. Do you think all 64% of these voters are “far left”? 

No, of course not. However, it's apparent that alot of voters do not see the severity of not turning out to vote, even if that candidate is Joe Biden again. Selecting someone else would be a huge risk. Joe Biden has already proven he can win the states needed to prevent a Republican from winning, mostly the "blue wall" purple states in the Midwest. I also just wonder what's going through people's heads when Joe Biden is somehow being pinned to blame for the results of the disaster of a previous administration, the consequences of which we are feeling to this very day. Roe is just the beginning... As alot of people have pointed out. To have this extreme sense of urgency regarding human rights and civil rights, and then to give Joe Biden bad markings when he's doing the best he can with the extremely crappy landscape he's been handed... Just doesn't add up. There are plenty of valid criticisms of Joe Biden, despite being called a "Biden stan", I'm not, I don't idolize politicians. I just think alot of what we are still seeing are the results of the previous administration, not because of Joe Biden. My critique of the far left is more based on them seemingly wanting Biden to fail, and certainly they're helping to trump up (for lack of a better phrase) the bad press he gets which helps result in the lower polling numbers. Our Democracy is in an extremely precarious situation: we all should be hoping Biden succeeds and giving him just as much praise when he does right (such as signing an executive order following the Roe decision) as we do criticism when he does wrong. I just think the constant flux of negative press and criticism is only further eroding our Democracy; because Joe Biden will still always be a better option at the end of the day then Trump or Desantis, and if we want our Democracy to live to see another day, they must be defeated, in the midterms, and in the next presidential election.

1 hour ago, Miss Show Business said:

democratic primary voters' #1 concern in 2020 was electability. they no longer see joe biden as electable. this is "the far left"'s fault how?

Edited by teresaguidice

Regardless I feel safer with the country in his hands than with a republican. I didn't really like him or kamala when they were running but it is what it is. 

I will say Republicans seem to always stand behind their candidates, even the crazy ones. Democrats arent really united like that.

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Miss Show Business said:

No, of course not. However, it's apparent that alot of voters do not see the severity of not turning out to vote, even if that candidate is Joe Biden again. Selecting someone else would be a huge risk. Joe Biden has already proven he can win the states needed to prevent a Republican from winning, mostly the "blue wall" purple states in the Midwest. I also just wonder what's going through people's heads when Joe Biden is somehow being pinned to blame for the results of the disaster of a previous administration, the consequences of which we are feeling to this very day. Roe is just the beginning... As alot of people have pointed out. To have this extreme sense of urgency regarding human rights and civil rights, and then to give Joe Biden bad markings when he's doing the best he can with the extremely crappy landscape he's been handed... Just doesn't add up. There are plenty of valid criticisms of Joe Biden, despite being called a "Biden stan", I'm not, I don't idolize politicians. I just think alot of what we are still seeing are the results of the previous administration, not because of Joe Biden. My critique of the far left is more based on them seemingly wanting Biden to fail, and certainly they're helping to trump up (for lack of a better phrase) the bad press he gets which helps result in the lower polling numbers. Our Democracy is in an extremely precarious situation: we all should be hoping Biden succeeds and giving him just as much praise when he does right (such as signing an executive order following the Roe decision) as we do criticism when he does wrong. I just think the constant flux of negative press and criticism is only further eroding our Democracy; because Joe Biden will still always be a better option at the end of the day then Trump or Desantis, and if we want our Democracy to live to see another day, they must be defeated, in the midterms, and in the next presidential election.

I completely disagree with the idea that picking another candidate is a huge risk. Running Biden again is a huge risk. Biden BARELY won in 2020, despite Trump’s abject disregard of COVID and the economy tanking. Trump having the burden of incumbency in a country that was in complete disarray gave Biden the edge to eek out a victory. Despite that, Biden’s victory was only won by 43,000 votes across THREE swing states. Biden is now the incumbent that is deeply unpopular.

I will mention @Communion as my witness. I was a 100% ride or die Hillary shill in 2016. Voted for her over Bernie in 2016 in the primary. I am not going to be voting for Biden in 2024 after he prepared to put a lifetime federal anti-abortion judge in my home state. I already hated him before that; but that was the point of no return for me. He will not have my vote. More and more people have reached that point with this abject failure of a president. Running him again is a threat to Democracy given the hell the Republicans are becoming. Before you ask how I can justify not voting for Biden given how awful the Republicans are: simple, Biden has pushed them to the right. The fact Biden is running on how terrible “ultra MAGA” is basically admonishes the terribleness of basic MAGA. Biden’s constant caping and simping for the Republican Party makes me nauseous and I’m not voting for someone who calls Mitch McConnell an honorable man. The GOP has only gotten stronger and more fascist under Biden’s reign. I don’t want the GOP in power. But I want someone besides Biden to run. Just defaulting to Biden, at this point, is a loser’s bet. Sorry. 

1 minute ago, Miss Show Business said:

Joe Biden has already proven he can win the states needed to prevent a Republican from winning, mostly the "blue wall" purple states in the Midwest.

LOL if you think Joe is winning those states again. You already acknowledged that SCOTUS is probably going to rule that Republican legislatures can assign their own slates of electors if they want, and all of those states are gerrymandered to permanently have... wait for it... Republican legislatures.

Not to mention, there's no guarantee Biden wins those states fair and square anyway. 2020 only resulted in him barely winning because Trump handled COVID badly and the pharmaceutical industry intentionally hid the fact that the vaccines were ready to be distributed in order to make sure Trump's chances wouldn't be helped by the announcement. In 2024, he's going to be on the other side of an impeachment trial where his crackhead failson gets subpoenaed to testify using his father's name to cash in and peddle foreign influence.

Biden himself is also going to be subpoenaed, most likely, and will face many hours of grueling hearings where he's grilled under oath by House Republicans on whether or not he knew about Hunter's overseas dealings. It will not be pretty, and people are not going to vote for a dazed and confused man suffering from clear dementia to be re-elected to the presidency at age 82.

That's not even getting into Biden's disastrous failure to govern leading to massive inflation while shipping billions of dollars in taxpayer money to a beleaguered, losing proxy war in Ukraine. :gaycat6: 

11 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

No, of course not. However, it's apparent that alot of voters do not see the severity of not turning out to vote, even if that candidate is Joe Biden again.

Except that poll isn’t saying that. It is saying the voting base of the Democrats want other options come the primary in 2024. :toofunny3: 

The emotional responses to corrupt, senile, and most of all useless politicians is worrisome. Leftists were proven right in that Biden would not meet the moment, and we at least need someone to do politics, and go against the literal fascists in power. 

Edited by A Bomb

3 hours ago, Miss Show Business said:

How are you turning this into a far-left issue :deadbanana:. It's Biden who is being absolutely grilled by the whole nation, not only the far left :michael:

6 minutes ago, Chemist said:

How are you turning this into a far-left issue :deadbanana:. It's Biden who is being absolutely grilled by the whole nation, not only the far left :michael:

It's our fault for not voting for Hillary even though we largely did. They never seem to think about blaming the moderate black Obama voters of Philadelphia, Detroit, and Milwaukee for staying home though. Wonder why :michael: 

• ATRL Moderator

This warren Harding ass presidency omg :deadbanana2:

Just now, madonnas said:

This warren Harding ass presidency omg :deadbanana2:

Harding to Buchanan speed-run 100% here we come :) 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.