Gen V | 'The Boys' spin-off series | Season 1 now streaming | Renewed for season 2

Gossip_Boy

• ATRL Moderator

Emma and Sam UGH :wanda:

Spoiler

I am a sucker for the damaged characters taking care of one another trope

• Like 1

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gossip_Boy

• Jotham

• KFC

• TheCal

Top Posters In This Topic

Episode 5 Thoughts:

Spoiler

Wow that episode was good! :jonny: Way too short though.

So the people who were speculating that Cate is working with the villains were right all along. :eek: But I still wonder what her true motives are. I still don't see how she would betray her friends so easily like that. Maybe she is trying to protect them because they'll be in bigger danger if Shetty finds out that they know about the trackers?

Also it was super cute to see Emma continue to support and trust Sam after she lost her memories. :cries:

18 hours ago, Jotham said:

Chance was edited out of a video posted on the show's official Twitter account:

I hope they end up killing off Chance's character. Andre on his own is annoying af

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gossip_Boy said:

Oh wow I thought this was just going to be one season. :eek: I was worried about what would happen to these characters in the long run.

Spoiler

I've heard speculation that The Boys will focus on taking down The Seven while Gen V will focus on Vought itself. Maybe those rumors are true after all.

Not my favorite episode but it was still good and moved the story along. The trailer for the rest of the season looks good :duca:

In some parts the pacing felt off but overall I still liked the episode. :clap3: Really good acting throughout, especially between both of Jordan's actors during their hallucination. :cries:

The way the characters all had traumatic backstories and Andre's is just... him hooking up with Cate behind Luke's back. :priceless: Truly the most boring character on the show.

• Like 3

Could have done without the sx scene tbh… but episode was fun otherwise. Loved seeing the two Jordans together in the same scene.

• Like 1

Not Cate being this franchise’s Jean Grey. I might have to stan. At least the closest to being a telepath. I’m surprised there hasn’t been one yet in The Boys universe (haven’t read the comics). She’s gonna sacrifice herself and have her Dark Phoenix arc :gaygacat5:

Ugh I can’t believe the Soldier Boy cameo was such a tease

even though it was a filler ep, I loved that it fleshed out the characters. I don’t want anyone to die :emofish:

The way no one gave a **** about what happened to Dusty lmao

Emma and Jordan are my fav characters for sure. I’m really enjoying this show and how it’s fleshing out the boys universe even further. There’s something so much fresher about this interpretation of super powers than anything DC and Marvel are putting out! The trailer for the rest of the season looks WILD I can’t wait! Also super curious which of these characters will cross over to boys s4

6 hours ago, stochastic said:

Not Cate being this franchise’s Jean Grey. I might have to stan. At least the closest to being a telepath. I’m surprised there hasn’t been one yet in The Boys universe (haven’t read the comics). She’s gonna sacrifice herself and have her Dark Phoenix arc :gaygacat5:

Ugh I can’t believe the Soldier Boy cameo was such a tease

even though it was a filler ep, I loved that it fleshed out the characters. I don’t want anyone to die :emofish:

The way no one gave a **** about what happened to Dusty lmao

We had a telepath he died 

i think grace is right because if homelander is alive then I don’t see a future for any of thease characters seeing how homelander hates minorities 

Cate is the only really interesting character tbh but I'm enjoying it.

This show is so good. It's the teens superpowers show we deserve :jonny:

Also the male version of Jordan is so hot. I'm in love :smitten2:

On 10/21/2023 at 1:11 PM, Park Jinyoung said:

So Cate can read minds?

They're doing her character well, she is a psychic as base level, but obviously has stats that can grow/change with time and practice.

Control People (with touch)

Read Minds

Control Minds (without touch) is probably final level (older Cate)

On 10/21/2023 at 3:49 PM, rac7d said:

We had a telepath he died 

i think grace is right because if homelander is alive then I don’t see a future for any of thease characters seeing how homelander hates minorities 

Except he is getting old and will likely be target #1 for the virus if it is made into a thing. Golden Boy and Homelander would not have gotten along and I suspect Marie is a (high level) blood bender and doesn't know it yet, which means she is almost unbeatable if she reaches her mass potential.

Edited by satellites.™

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.