Gen V | 'The Boys' spin-off series | Season 1 now streaming | Renewed for season 2

Gossip_Boy

i really want this to be good

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gossip_Boy

• Jotham

• KFC

• TheCal

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/15/2023 at 3:22 AM, loveisdead9582 said:

Any word on a release date?

September.

I kind of worry they are just going for sheer gory spectacle now and that story wise the whole franchise has gone off the rails after diverging from the comics too drastically. Season 3 was underwhelming for me overall despite some high points and story wise it feels like we landed in basically the same spot at the end of it as we did at the end of season 2. 

Not that I think the comics are even that incredible, but they did have forward momentum and feel like they were headed towards an actual ending, whereas the show feels like they are slow walking the plot so the show can last longer.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Official trailer:

Bloodbending is such a stupid power to me and just seems like an on-the-nose element for its gratuitous goriness   :ace:

• 3 weeks later...

First three episodes were excellent :clap3: Retains the spirit of The Boys mixed in with X-Men.

There's one particular scene with Emma in the first episode that made my jaw drop :skull:

Just watched Ep 2. far it’s not super predictable which I like. Excited to see where to story goes. Love that they drop 3 episodes. Good strategy. 

• Like 1

On Episode 2 now and liking this a lot. The characters are really likeable and already have depth. 

Cate is that girl. :gaycat5:

• Like 1

Finished all 3 episodes and I loved it. I was kinda scared it would be **** comparing to Boys, but I'm so happy I was wrong. 

Can't wait for next episodes:jonny:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HotFriedChicken said:

What was it? I didn't catch it

one of the girls said she was auditioning for an elevated super hero limited series that's really a meditation on grief  told through 60 years of sitcoms :rip:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

god knows how they shot this sex scene in the first ep :ahh:

Edited by WildAmerican
  • Haha 2

I just finished the first three episodes and, overall, I like it. Like others have mentioned, I was a little bit underwhelmed with how Season 3 of The Boys went but this show might rekindle my interest in the show. I'm not really feeling any of the juniors so far but I really like Marie, Emma, and Steve.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.