Gen V | 'The Boys' spin-off series | Season 1 now streaming | Renewed for season 2

Gossip_Boy

I'm concerned what's gonna happen to the characters by the end of the season though. :dancehall: I wonder what the writers have in store for them, idk how long they can last in this universe. And I remember when it was first announced they compared the show to the Hunger Games.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gossip_Boy

• Jotham

• KFC

• TheCal

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so good whew, so many likeable characters, Jordan girl is serving cvnt :jonny5:

just saw on twitter that Chance Perdomo who plays Andre got outed as an rightwing incel, d*pp supporter and fan of andrew tate:gaycat6:

Spoiler

Edited by TheCal

Y’all what the-

I just finished episode 1.

I don’t care for superheroes but this show GAGGED me several times already omg I’m sat :jonny:

2 minutes ago, Whis said:

Y’all what the-

I just finished episode 1.

I don’t care for superheroes but this show GAGGED me several times already omg I’m sat :jonny:

i guess you haven't seen The Boys? If not you should absolutely watch it, cause it's the main story of this universe:jonny:

55 minutes ago, TheCal said:

i guess you haven't seen The Boys? If not you should absolutely watch it, cause it's the main story of this universe:jonny:

No I haven’t :jonny:

Is it also as gaggy as this show? With all the blood and gore?

Finished all 3 eps. Not them reverse uno carding on us and making us sympathize with Golden Boy. Why do I have a feeling Cate is shady? Maybe she was asked to push Golden Boy to kill Brink and set things off. I'm disappointed but not surprised Marie took all of the credit; I can't suspend my disbelief that she was payola'd to Top 10 and she hasn't even taken any combat classes or really used her powers in battle. I understand that she wants to capitalize on it esp since she was gonna be expelled and prior to was not accepted to the crime fighting track. Not Chance the incel playing another pansexual ****.

I really like how they're addressing topical issues in society today like gender identity and body dysmorphia by making it part of their power mechanics instead of a supe who happens to be nonbinary for example. I know there's already backlash for it being "too woke" :grump:

It's great that this season takes place in the interim between seasons. I'm kinda dreading what they're gonna pull in S4, so this show is a nice palate cleanser.

11 minutes ago, Whis said:

oh my god you gonna get shocked :WAP:it has blood, gore, nudity, etc... and if the first ep of this gagged you, you gonna love The Boys.

It has already 3 seasons and we are getting next one this year. :loki:And I think this show is happening around(or after?) season 3 of TB, so there are/will be a lot of easter eggs. You can watch this as standalone kinda, but I feel it's much more appreciated if you already seen Boys

Edited by TheCal

1 hour ago, Whis said:

Omg watch it immediately. You are in for a WILD ride

Loved the 3 episodes, this is looking so good!

I love Cate and Emma, we stan! :giraffe: (edit: Hopefully, nothing bad will happen to them :chick3:)

Edited by Reibax

this is very good.  I love The Boys so this fills the void.  What happened to the next season of The Boys? Still on the writers strike?

ep 4 thoughts:
The way my theory still seems plausible :WAP:  Cate was not present at the end scene in the backyard.

Anyway the writers must not have passed the phallic stage bc what is up with all the dong?? I can’t believe I’m saying that 🥴 

I was surprised when Emma turned huge. Like it’s so obvious now. Intuitively it would make sense that sh!tting and not just vomiting would shrink her down but whatever

Dean Shetty’s fate goes either the way of Madelyn or Ashley and it’s probably leaning towards the former

big redemption for Marie for fessing up albeit very reluctantly and for being selfless while looking for Emma

Emma is kinda Main Hero Girl 

I kinda stan Jordan girl. Not an asian guy **** the black girl though, we love the uno reverse :clap3:

Another strong ep, I thought we would get another 3 EPs today though :rip:

Amazing episode omg

Rivals the best of the boys i fear

It was banger after banger after banger

Jordan x Marie was so 

:WAP: hot

also i literally gasped when marie woke up in that guy’s room

Edited by Park Jinyoung

On 9/30/2023 at 12:06 AM, Jotham said:

I'm concerned what's gonna happen to the characters by the end of the season though. :dancehall: I wonder what the writers have in store for them, idk how long they can last in this universe. And I remember when it was first announced they compared the show to the Hunger Games.

Yo same all the minoritys im Scared for them. Who ever is on the seven is dead. Homelander hates minorities

So you guys think some of these characters will cross over to the boys?

33 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

Can I watch this if I never seen The Boys? 

It heavily references The Boys universe since it takes place after the most recent season. I’d assume some of these characters may also transfer over to The Boys, but who knows. Anyways, the main storyline and characters tho are all new so you’d be able to follow them probably very easy but watching The Boys would allow you to understand some characters they mention and primarily Vaught (the company who “owns” the heroes basically) but give it a try! It’s just so good, I’d just be happy for any new viewers so this spin off can continue 

4 hours ago, Gui Blackout said:

Can I watch this if I never seen The Boys? 

Yes. You will miss some references but will be able to follow the main storyline without an issue.

I just watched the fourth episode. Emma and Sam are cute and are quickly becoming my favorite characters. Idk how to feel yet about Marie and Jordan they seemed so random. Also do we need all the characters to be in relationships with each other? :deadbanana:

1 hour ago, Jotham said:

I just watched the fourth episode. Emma and Sam are cute and are quickly becoming my favorite characters. Idk how to feel yet about Marie and Jordan they seemed so random. Also do we need all the characters to be in relationships with each other? :deadbanana:

The show's written pretty realistically (like the dialogue and character progression, it all feels plausible in the context of its universe). It doesn't feel like they're dating for the sake of dating. Also Jordan is like a wet dream, they'd be insane not to put them in a dating scenario. I think Marie x Jordan makes sense especially since Jordan hasn't been shady to her. As in, Jordan was always very direct about their intentions and Marie must feel somewhat at ease with that, in a world where she feel like she can't trust a lot of things.

Cate x Andre is the one I take most issue with but again, it's realistic :/ I just didn't particularly enjoy it since Cate is like my fave and it feels weird. But finding comfort in the only other person that can relate to your situation is... the epitome of realistic to me

They're young adults who's entire success revolves around showing off... lack of sexual attractions would be weirder than the other way around, imo :redface:

Cate is on the villain side , I am pretty sure

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.