• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JonginBey

• shookspeare

• Cruel Summer

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s not bad at all in my opinion - one of her best, owing to how it remains good over such a long track. It’s one of her best, honestly. I’ve been feeling lately like the original and the regular rerecording might still be better, but they’re just different forms of the same thing in the end. All Too Well, for better or for worse and despite the fact that it’s not my personal top Taylor track, is her discography’s crown jewel. That it went #1 thanks to the mythical ten minute version that so many people wanted to hear for so long felt like a really special moment.

Yes, it’s boring just like the original.

All the bops from Taylor’s best album REPUTATION are better.

K bye for now, Sunshine. <3

Well, All Too Well is a good song overall so even a version with flaws is still good

But Taylor called the co-writer of the song, Liz Rose, to trim down the original song for a reason and she wisely cut off the more mediocre melodies that were included in the 10 minute version 

I have no idea what that is 

Taylucifer

it’s cute but i prefer the OG especially after hearing it live :jonnycat:

The outro is the only good part of the TV, the original is easily better.

Agree. Its pure chaos. Original is better

I was hyped to listen to it at first but now I prefer the original version.

Just now, astrorep said:

ATW is still a good song, but the swifties always saying it's one of her best are clearly wrong :cm:

ATWTMVTVFTV is even worse because some of the extra verses are a bit clunky 

8O37.gif

acknowledging the fact that she has several great songs on par with/better than ATW is something, but ATW haters always do the most and act like it's a 7/10 song when thats a lie. I get that some of its stans can be annoying but cmon...

I heavily disagree with the second part. The 10MV TV is the definitive version to me tbh.

8O37.gif

• ATRL Moderator

It was edited down for a reason but remains godly

jTTGo5I.gif

Some girls will spend their whole lives trying to write a line as good as "You kept me like a secret, but I kept you like an oath"

jTTGo5I.gif

It’s not terrible but I def prefer the OG. Perfectly condensed ?

it's not bad but the original remains superior tbh

I slightly prefer the OG primarily due to its production (I prefer the soft rock sound in it). Plus the bridge in the OG is more effective in my opinion; I like how she became quite right after the explosive "so casually cruel in the name of being honest line," just like how we usually become so numb after we release all our anger after a fight. This made me think that the bridge is the weakest part (but still excellent) in the 10 minute version.

I think the perfect All Too Well for me would be a version with the OG's production plus the new verse ("f*ck the patriarchy"), new second chorus ("you kept me like a secret, but I kept you like an oath"), and the outro ("I still remember the first fall of snow and how it glistened as it fell").

All Too Well, either versions, remain the best Taylor Swift song for me. August is a close second.

No :rip: 

But I prefer the OG/TV 5 minute version, the length is just perfect and the climax comes at the right time.

It's good for the tiktok quotes, but overall it's an underwhelming lengthiness. 

Nah, it really is one of her bests ever. No version of the song has ever been in my personal Top 20 Taylor songs tbh, but objectively, it’s undeniably a moment

it's okay. the lyric writing for it is definitely overrated by swifties though, it's personal but I think Taylor has a lot better written music. 

also the name of the song is way too long. even the abbreviation is long.

17 minutes ago, 1989 said:

Nah, it really is one of her bests ever. No version of the song has ever been in my personal Top 20 Taylor songs tbh, but objectively, it’s undeniably a moment

I’ve always felt the same - it’s always kind of on the precipice of my personal top ten or so, always just outside. But I’ve decided to publicly acknowledge it as her “greatest,” because honestly, it’s the single track that most clearly evokes who I think Taylor Swift is as an artist. Its decade-long underdog journey from fan favorite album cut to being the most acclaimed track in her discography and a #1 hit says a lot and, to me, evokes her own lifelong journey to be taken seriously and recognized for her talents.

5 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

I’ve always felt the same - it’s always kind of on the precipice of my personal top ten or so, always just outside. But I’ve decided to publicly acknowledge it as her “greatest,” because honestly, it’s the single track that most clearly evokes who I think Taylor Swift is as an artist. Its decade-long underdog journey from fan favorite album cut to being the most acclaimed track in her discography and a #1 hit says a lot and, to me, evokes her own lifelong journey to be taken seriously and recognized for her talents.

You put it perfectly. :clap3:

It’s never been my absolute favorite, but as a Swiftie since ‘08, I recognize the importance of it. And honestly, it IS great. It’s in my Top 30 Taylor songs, without a doubt. Undeniably an amazing song, any version of it. And if someone is trying to get into Taylor’s music, it’s in the Top 3 I recommend them. As you said, it speaks so much to who she is as a artist. It’ll always have the most respected place in her discography. 

no, its one of her best songs - but there are quite a few of those.

Edited by Gladiator

• ATRL Moderator

No, it's great.  It's a feat to make a song that long actually worth its length, and she accomplished that.  

It’s a good song, but I understand why back then she cut it off to 5 minutes, the shorter version is better 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.