Akron, OH police shot black doordash driver 60+ times for traffic violation

Communion

8 minutes ago, CandleGuy said:

When he is armed and fired at police first. How do they know he left the gun in the car? How do they know he won't turn around and start shooting again?

If you were armed and someone shot at you and ran away, what would you do?

1) - They don't need to. The goal should be to immobilize him - not murder him.

2) - (If I am an officer), Apprehend him. What use is he to me dead?

You will not win this debate with me.

Edited by The7thStranger

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• Communion

• rihannabiggestfan

• Gorjesspazze9

1 minute ago, CandleGuy said:

If they were shot at first? Absolutely.

No, that is literally not how that works, especially in a country where Republicans are fighting for the right for anyone and everyone to have the right to own a gun, no matter if even they themselves are mentally ill. :skull:

Police do not act like this in any other nation. Police so often work to de-escalate and restrain while keeping someone alive. Literally look at any other police clashes with protestors or people in other developed countries. There were zero people who died from police violence in places like Hong Kong when protestors clashed with police.

The American police system is uniquely violent and uniquely militarized. 

Again, why were they able to take this person into custody unharmed after killing half a grocery store?

QUXMCKE4YXKY6J6UFMHKYWLUNE.jpg

But needed to shot until the point of the body being mutilated through 60 bullet holes for someone with a pistol?

Did he at least do something that would make several men shoot at him 90 times?

Even is you are a racist pig, several people shooting that much to one person is extremely strange.

I mean the police has a lot of racial bias but still this is strange af.

5 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

He was unarmed. He was unarmed. He was unarmed. He was unarmed. I sure as hell would not spray an unarmed man’s body with bullets, that’s for damn sure. You clearly think the police should be able to kill with impunity. 

He was unarmed because he left his gun in the car when he fled on foot. Cops are not ******* psychics, as far as they knew he still had the gun on him. HE HAD JUST SHOT AT THEM. 

I'm all for holding police accountable but this is not it.

6 minutes ago, Communion said:

No, that is literally not how that works, especially in a country where Republicans are fighting for the right for anyone and everyone to have the right to own a gun, no matter if even they themselves are mentally ill. :skull:

Police do not act like this in any other nation. Police so often work to de-escalate and restrain while keeping someone alive. Literally look at any other police clashes with protestors or people in other developed countries. There were zero people who died from police violence in places like Hong Kong when protestors clashed with police.

The American police system is uniquely violent and uniquely militarized. 

Again, why were they able to take this person into custody unharmed after killing half a grocery store?

QUXMCKE4YXKY6J6UFMHKYWLUNE.jpg

But needed to shot until the point of the body being mutilated through 60 bullet holes for someone with a pistol?

These right-wing Americans want a world where cops can shoot you for looking at them the wrong way.

36 minutes ago, hahayo said:

not claiming it was right but if he just stopped he wouldn’t have been shot. just saying. 

So he was still running after the first 59 hits? :eek:

3 minutes ago, CandleGuy said:

Cops are not ******* psychics

Police who can't do basic protocol to disarm without being lethal should probably go get a different job instead of doing their job poorly. Even if you think that a cop has a right to murder someone, no other occupation sees the people employed within it continuously fail at their job and cost the American tax payer as much as failed, loser policemen continually cost us by not being able to have the emotional stability required of their job.

I would say to go be a garbage man if you don't possess the restraint it takes to subdue someone without 90 bullets, but the people you're defending could never have the skill and intelligence your average garbage man displays. :skull:

Despicable. And this viewing angle obscures the actions of their cowardice. 

1 hour ago, Communion said:

Policemen are not executioners so it quite literally is. :skull: 

So can people shoot 90 bullets into your loved one's skull without trial?

Odd how some these people got out of their run-in's with police without being shot but not others:

EvV5AjJXIAQi2Br.png

This is such a sad reality

"He had a gun in his car" but I thought the 2nd amendment is a constitutional right? Seems like he was a proud gun owner to me. Conservative cop defenders surely are advocating for this man's right to carry right? Right?

1 hour ago, bad guy said:

"He had a gun in his car" but I thought the 2nd amendment is a constitutional right? Seems like he was a proud gun owner to me. Conservative cop defenders surely are advocating for this man's right to carry right? Right?

facts

Some of the takes in here seem very 5I5s8.png

Regardless of what he was doing, he didn't deserve to be shot 60 times. They would've never done that if he wasn't Black. 

May there be justice and perfect peace for this brother.

On 7/3/2022 at 3:50 PM, Ice Cream Skies said:

Gun, ski mask, refused to stop, fired at the officers… shocked at the outcome. :zzz:

This is harsh. But he did shoot at the police. Now they were very excessive with their actions and should be held accountable. But this man wasn’t just some innocent guy. 

• ATRL Moderator

Reminder that police are paid for by our taxes. They are supposed to work for us. Not the other way around. We are not paid money to make their jobs easy. Part of the job of being a police officer is to put up with unruly citizens without murdering them. A Starbucks barista does not get to poison the coffee of a rude customer for making their job inconvenient.

Justifying murder by police officers is abject insanity. 

RIP to the victim of this tragic murder.

29 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

This is harsh. But he did shoot at the police. Now they were very excessive with their actions and should be held accountable. But this man wasn’t just some innocent guy. 

Are you aware that people are innocent until proven guilty? :rip:

All of those officers are literal psychopaths 

5 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

QUEEN making points as always :clap3:

13 hours ago, GhostBox said:

It was announced on the news that there was a mass shooting at Highland Park recently in which six people were killed. The suspect was taken into custody alive.

He didn't shoot at the police, but he wasn't innocent either.

What's the difference between them? The Doordash driver was Black while the Highland shooter wasn't.

1 hour ago, St. Francis said:

It was announced on the news that there was a mass shooting at Highland Park recently in which six people were killed. The suspect was taken into custody alive.

He didn't shoot at the police, but he wasn't innocent either.

What's the difference between them? The Doordash driver was Black while the Highland shooter wasn't.

This.

On 7/3/2022 at 12:24 PM, Gorjesspazze9 said:

90 Bullets? Wtf. Talk about overkill. Hate needs to stop. That officer better lose his job and go to court for excessiveness.  

Overkill? Excessive?

This is called murder with racist intent. ONE BULLET from ONE officer let alone 90 from eight different officers and you say they should just lose their job and go to court for Excessiveness? 

2 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

Overkill? Excessive?

This is called murder with racist intent. ONE BULLET from ONE officer let alone 90 from eight different officers and you say they should just lose their job and go to court for Excessiveness? 

Yeah cuz they aren’t going to get the death penalty. Law enforcement have laws that protect them. It will be legally called that

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.