Poll: Majority of Americans Believe You Cannot Change Genders

Horizon Flame

6 minutes ago, tshwark said:

Well you are going too far with the term "medicalizing children" to me that is the craziest thing ever, as I wrote before, to me male or female gender are the same, I only see social constructions, blue and pink, but Im willing to learn if someone explains me what is it exactly what they feel when someone says that he identifies as a woman.

Something being a social construction doesn't mean the realities being organized into man-made binaries or constructions doesn't mean that there's no real psychological impact.

Use "she" or "her" to refer to any cishet man you know or "he" and "him" to refer to any cishet woman you know and see how uncomfortable they get by being purposefully misgendered and referred by what they view as the wrong terms for them even though things like pronouns are a socially-derived invention. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• Communion

• Gorgeous

• tshwark

On 7/3/2022 at 1:31 PM, Communion said:

Something being a social construction doesn't mean the realities being organized into man-made binaries or constructions doesn't mean that there's no real psychological impact.

Use "she" or "her" to refer to any cishet man you know or "he" and "him" to refer to any cishet woman you know and see how uncomfortable they get by being purposefully misgendered and referred by what they view as the wrong terms for them even though things like pronouns are a socially-derived invention. 

Not a Xi Jinpin /  CCP /Putin stan tho :rip:

So you're not screaming West imposing is colonial individualistic on the global south anymore?

Cause China only wants masculine men. :gaycat6:

53 minutes ago, frenchyisback said:

China only wants masculine men.

Politicians in your country are saying trans people are mutilating themselves and need to be wiped out of existence yet then whataboutism to nations you're too illiterate and ignorant to even know anything about. :skull: You are in every sense of the word an unintelligent American. 

Well, the American population are authorities on rights after all, they get it right ALL the time. :ducky:

I firmly believe that the american media infrastructure is complicit in one of the worst and evil social engineering schemes by the ruling class in modern history. No one has a population quite as medicated by propaganda as America, it's truly scary. A true oligarchy.

On 7/3/2022 at 9:10 AM, GraceRandolph said:

The whole trans sports debate is so astroturfed. Who really cares about random sporting events being unfair? I thought life was unfair anyway? 

People who like and play sports? :lmao:

So from my understanding is a huge junk of Americans support trans rights but they don’t necessarily believe having surgery makes you now a man or a woman. 

Edited by Happylittlepunk

2 minutes ago, Happylittlepunk said:

So from my understanding is a huge junk of Americans support trans rights but they don’t necessarily believe having surgery makes you now a man or a woman. 

well it doesn't.

I will respect trans people and fight for their rights but I still think gender is fake and it feels a bit regressive to be focusing on intangible things like gender identity. I thought the goal was to abolish gender/gender roles and stereotypes but it seems we’re going in the opposite direction.

There needs to be more education about the difference between sex and gender. Obviously you cannot change your sex, it is part of every part of your body, muscle density, bone size shape and distribution, small chemical processes that affect how medicines interact with you, all kinds of stuff. But that’s not what the gender is, how are you feeling inside is up to nobody but that person.

I've noticed a lot of people only seem to advocate for abolishing gender norms when the topic of transgender identity is discussed. Why? :swan:

On 7/5/2022 at 12:21 PM, Communion said:

Politicians in your country are saying trans people are mutilating themselves and need to be wiped out of existence yet then whataboutism to nations you're too illiterate and ignorant to even know anything about. :skull: You are in every sense of the word an unintelligent American. 

China Wants ‘Sissy Idols’ and ‘Effeminate Men’ Scrubbed From Entertainment Industry

https://variety.com/2021/global/asia/china-cissy-idols-effeminate-men-entertainment-industry-1235055304/

People's Republic of China[edit]

The Chinese Society of Psychiatry declassified homosexuality as a mental disorder in 2001 but still claims that a person could be conflicted or suffering from mental problems due to their sexuality.[21] However, such change is yet to be reflected by the regulations of National Health and Family Planning Commission,[22] a government branch that controls all regulations of health care services in China, which has resulted in psychiatric facilities and psychiatry education textbooks across the country still de facto considering homosexuality as a mental disorder and continuing to offer conversion therapy treatments.[1][23][24] Transgender identity is still classified as a disorder despite laws allowing legal gender changes.[25] In 2021, a court in Jiangsu upheld a ruling that a description of homosexuality as a mental disorder in a 2013 edition of a university textbook was a result of "perceptual differences", rather than factual error.[26] According to the South China Morning Post, the textbook is used by a number of Chinese universities.[27] In July 2021, a number of LGBT accounts run by university students on WeChat was deleted, with messages saying that the accounts "had violated regulations on the management of accounts offering public information service on the Chinese internet".[28]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_China

China recognizes neither same-sex marriage nor civil unions. Since 1 October 2017, same-sex couples have been able to sign guardianship agreements, which offer some limited legal benefits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recognition_of_same-sex_unions_in_China

Google still exists for those of us who don't use the CCP internet.

Edited by frenchyisback

And life will go on and they will still interact with transgender people according to the gender they present as.

If you see a person with features typically associated with women, you will naturally refer to that person as a woman, regardless of whether you "believe" gender can't be changed. :michael:

16 hours ago, Kylizzle said:

I've noticed a lot of people only seem to advocate for abolishing gender norms when the topic of transgender identity is discussed. Why? :swan:

18 hours ago, VOSS said:

I will respect trans people and fight for their rights but I still think gender is fake and it feels a bit regressive to be focusing on intangible things like gender identity. I thought the goal was to abolish gender/gender roles and stereotypes but it seems we’re going in the opposite direction.

Totally “abolishing” all forms of gender from the planet is a pretty utopian pipe dream. It might be easier for us to end world hunger. Even without gendered norms, transgender people would still exist, they would just have gender dysphoria more focused on sex characteristics as opposed to social aspects of gender. 

On 7/3/2022 at 8:53 AM, Gorgeous said:

It looks like that stupid decision of letting trans women into women sports has done more harm than good... such a shame bc the trans community was on a highway to being respected only a couple years ago. 

Uhm, I don't know if you know this or not, but trans people have been competing in sports for decades and nobody has cared. It wasn't until one or two trans women won a competition that the right decided to make it their new talking point. This is literally a manufactured right-wing talking point causing outrage. The majority of trans athletes don't win and are just run-of-the-mill athletes and nobody throws a fit about them.

1 minute ago, Bang Up said:

Uhm, I don't know if you know this or not, but trans people have been competing in sports for decades and nobody has cared. It wasn't until one or two trans women won a competition that the right decided to make it their new talking point. This is literally a manufactured right-wing talking point causing outrage. The majority of trans athletes don't win and are just run-of-the-mill athletes and nobody throws a fit about them.

yes I know, I was just referring to that girl who competed on that swimming competition. I was saying it like it was stupid for people to advocate for her and make it into a big thing (either from the left or the right) when she was clearly in the wrong. 

53 minutes ago, Gorgeous said:

yes I know, I was just referring to that girl who competed on that swimming competition. I was saying it like it was stupid for people to advocate for her and make it into a big thing (either from the left or the right) when she was clearly in the wrong. 

How was she in the wrong?

2 minutes ago, Communion said:

How was she in the wrong?

she was at an advantage bc her body had already gone through male puberty, its not rocket science. Trans women should only be able to participate in women's sports if they had taken blockers before going into puberty, pretty understandable right?

On 7/3/2022 at 7:53 AM, Gorgeous said:

It looks like that stupid decision of letting trans women into women sports has done more harm than good... such a shame bc the trans community was on a highway to being respected only a couple years ago. 

No they weren’t lol

”if only we didn’t continue to treat them like everybody else then maybe the bigots wouldn’t hate them” ?

I really wish y’all would stop imposing your arrogant ignorance as common knowledge

On 7/5/2022 at 9:40 PM, Jagger said:

People who like and play sports? :lmao:

Sports by design are people with biological advantages winning. You aren’t seeing professional basketball teams full of people with 5 feet tall players. Michael Phelps literally has bigger lungs than the average person, should he be barred from swimming?

17 hours ago, frenchyisback said:

Google still exists for those of us who don't use the CCP internet.

please stop giving that user attention, every reply its just an opportunity for him to spread propaganda

On 7/3/2022 at 9:26 AM, Communion said:

Feels like you're intentionally burying the lede, OP!

XmwY6UR.png

Christofascist media figures like Rufo have literally invested hundreds of millions of dollars in trying to convince people that trans people's existence is immoral and, even then, he has only succeeded in making people feel they don't understand how being trans works, not joining him in his views that they deserved to be dehumanized.

This ironically again comes back down to a failure of moderate Dems refusing to be a vocal advocate for trans people. And if you think you'll be winning elections by throwing trans people under the bus, you got the future of your base to worry about cause we won't let you harm our brothers and sisters:

Moderate dems do not share the same far left social ideals. That’s the disconnect happening in the Democratic Party. 

Far left liberals are trying to force everyone to do everything the way they deem acceptable socially and just not everyone agrees. Being a democrat doesn’t automatically mean everyone agrees on the same subjects. 

But this is why republicans are starting to gain more power. The democrats are too divided 

Lia Thomas sending us back years on progress, impact 

On 7/6/2022 at 12:05 AM, Happylittlepunk said:

Right. I moved to Texas recently and a large thought process is, “You can do what you want to your body and I’ll respect you as a human being, but I do not personally believe you’ve changed from a man to a woman” and vice versa. 

31 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Sports by design are people with biological advantages winning. You aren’t seeing professional basketball teams full of people with 5 feet tall players. Michael Phelps literally has bigger lungs than the average person, should he be barred from swimming?

I didn't say anything about trans people being barred from sports though. I just think it's a faulty argument to say "who cares about this" because people clearly do. I honestly don't care if trans people play sports for their preferred gender, but it was just funny to me that someone was acting like sports is a niche topic 

44 minutes ago, Gorgeous said:

Trans women should only be able to participate in women's sports if they had taken blockers before going into puberty

So we agree all trans youth should have access to puberty blockers? I think that's great to support trans healthcare then. :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.