Latto brings out Mariah Carey for a surprise performance at BET Awards

skinnylegendBR

17 minutes ago, #Beautiful said:

thats from the a new day residency, most people on this forum were in diapers when this was filmed. auntie is currently stiff in the throat and all, having cancelled the courage tour for the hundredth time to next year

18 minutes ago, #Beautiful said:

thats from the a new day residency, most people on this forum were in diapers when this was filmed. auntie is currently stiff in the throat and all, having cancelled the courage tour for the hundredth time to next year

this was in 2007 and she was 40 yrs old. also interesting to know that most people in this forum were still in diapers in 2007 ? and yes she has to cancel courage tour that grossed $104m from 52 (sold out) shows because shes still recovering from muscle spasms, nothing to do with the throat and unlike others, she only gets stiff if she's sick :)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• skinnylegendBR

• Outside789

• ninetiesceline

• #Beautiful

1 minute ago, ninetiesceline said:

this was in 2007 and she was 40 yrs old. also interesting to know that most people in this forum were still in diapers in 2007 ? and yes she has to cancel courage tour that grossed $104m from 52 (sold out) shows because shes still recovering from muscle spasms, nothing to do with the throat and unlike others, she only gets stiff if she's sick :)

i know when this was and i know how much it grossed and what she can do on stage, you know, being a STAN and all ? my question was why do people expect Mariah to dance when her peers were literally never expected to. she was very much energetic on stage before she had the twins and started getting older so it makes no sense whatsoever. and its always the same diaper07 people being the loudest about it because nothing that happened before 2010 exists in their world

6 minutes ago, #Beautiful said:

i know when this was and i know how much it grossed and what she can do on stage, you know, being a STAN and all ? my question was why do people expect Mariah to dance when her peers were literally never expected to. she was very much energetic on stage before she had the twins and started getting older so it makes no sense whatsoever. and its always the same diaper07 people being the loudest about it because nothing that happened before 2010 exists in their world

I don't think most people in here ever complained about her dancing or even expect her to dance. All I saw was people pointing at how stiff she was moving on stage.

I love Mariah but :rip:  

Is there a reason why she hardly moves on stage? Like no shade shes not Cher's age.. just genuinely curious 

Whew that was amazing! That intro was very Legendary!

RockStarShit101
3 minutes ago, Homebrand said:

Is there a reason why she hardly moves on stage? Like no shade shes not Cher's age.. just genuinely curious 

she used to be a dancer though 

I don't know what happened to her

dancing-mariah.gif

mariah-carey-bad-dancing.gif

mariah-carey-dancing.gif

HomelyPertinentEgg-small.gif

76ab8bee9957f9fc8cdf74faa3e5687e.gif

Sad that an icon like herself chooses to “cement” her legacy by performing a Dr. Luke throwaway with a no-name D-lister. 

1 hour ago, #Beautiful said:

You’re kinda taking it to the extreme here, no one mentioned dancing at all or really expects that from Mariah. But for years now she regularly needs help from backup dancers to just take a few steps, it’s odd for someone still relatively young like her. 

1 hour ago, Homebrand said:

I love Mariah and she is just 52, clearly she can move if she wanted to. I think she is corseted to the gods and she fears tripping over so damn much.

People saying this is a good performance :ahh:

1 hour ago, gettsleazy said:

Sad that an icon like herself chooses to “cement” her legacy by performing a Dr. Luke throwaway with a no-name D-lister. 

:clap3: 

OT: not only worrying for a "vocalist" to struggle and sound so rough and out of breath just in those live 30 sec before the usual pre-recorded whistles kick in, but the fact that she can't take a single step without being assisted, does she have mobility issues or it's those spandex dresses 3 sizes smaller her size? Even someone near 80 yo like Diana Ross sounded and looked more energetic yesterday at Glastonbury.

5 hours ago, KingJay said:

Right! WTF are people on here on? Because I'd love some of that. If it was live, the vocals sounded so bad. She sounded out of breath & like she couldn't keep up. I'm saying this as a Mariah fan that knows that she can do better. of course it wasn't terrible like other performances she's done in the past but man...

you're a lana del rey stan and wanna talk abou vocals? that woman can't sing if her life depended on it. go listen to her boring songs and leave the LEGEND alone

Just tell us yall deaf and leave :rip:

She sounded okay, not great but not terrible either

Madonna stans acting as if they’ve got any authority to be talking about vocals.

riG9W.gif

Queen Mariah, slayed, conquered and made everyone her b!tch. (as always). 

I’m not getting the overdramatized complaints about Mariah’s vocals. There’s been a lot of improvement in her voice. I remember those Instagram at home reels she did, acappella, sounding fantastic (I believe she did “Stay the Night” on one of them). Still a better singer than the “vocalists” who have struggle syndrome every time they try a simple run.

Regardless of what part was live and what wasn't from Mariah, Latto forgetting to rap while standing in front of Mariah for a bad camera angle at the end and Mariah barely moving in her heels with the background dancer holding her hand when just her standing still would have sufficed ruined all of it. Awkward as hell. 

it was a great performance!!I'm glad to see Mariah back on the stage 

14 hours ago, skinnylegendBR said:

Mariah's first live performance in years. congrats Latto. they both killed it

Adorable. 

love that. 

4 hours ago, P.O.P said:

I love Mariah and she is just 52, clearly she can move if she wanted to. I think she is corseted to the gods and she fears tripping over so damn much.

yall needa remember she fell and broke her arm in 2013

She’s gotten so overweight during the pandemic she can hardly move now, just sad. 

I hope she is okay.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.