• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mellark

• Rotunda

• WheresJay

• Attitude

She’s clearly talking about her last record. Leave Ciara alone. 

This is sending me :deadbanana4:

Level Up is trash so I understand them

Getting negative equity (more debt than value) off the books, isn't it?

Edited by katykater

I think is amazing she values herself and her art and she’s confident enough to accept that her label didn’t believe in her so she took a risk

Y'all are dumb :toofunny2:

She literally says her CEO wasn't feeling the music and let her go for free because he didn't believe in her. She literally says that. She's not being daft. She understands the label let her go because they didn't think she was profitable. She also understands that she bagged a platinum hit song with almost a billion streams across all platforms without paying a dime to the label that paid for that song and video to be made. She had 0 expenses and kept ALL the profit

And she's obviously talking about the new masters only. The CEO she's referring to is the Warner CEO who didn't own anything else from her back catalogue. Sony owned the rest of it at the time

queen owns her ART. and that’s sincerely ciara 

lol-sincerely-ciara.gif

26 minutes ago, Truth Teller said:

She literally says her CEO wasn't feeling the music and let her go for free because he didn't believe in her. She literally says that. She's not being daft. She understands the label let her go because they didn't think she was profitable. She also understands that she bagged a platinum hit song with almost a billion streams across all platforms without paying a dime to the label that paid for that song and video to be made. She had 0 expenses and kept ALL the profit

And she's obviously talking about the new masters only. The CEO she's referring to is the Warner CEO who didn't own anything else from her back catalogue. Sony owned the rest of it at the time

^ this right here.

29 minutes ago, Truth Teller said:

wait papi. So as a timeline, would you mind explaining to me from which period which to she owns the recordings? or from what records if possible

1 minute ago, Joyride said:

wait papi. So as a timeline, would you mind explaining to me from which period which to she owns the recordings?

I have no idea because people in the thread are saying her husband bought her older masters from Sony and I do vaguely remember that headline happening 2-3 years ago, but I'm not sure. I'm also not sure who he (may) have bought it from and whether he bought all of it. LaFace closed in 2011 and I'm not sure if her 2004-2010 masters went to Epic when she signed with them or not.

All she's saying in this interview is that her label didn't like the Beauty Marks material and let her go with the album for free, instead of keeping the songs hostage like most labels do or asking her to pay them back for the expenses incurred to produce those songs.

1 hour ago, Truth Teller said:

100%

She has solid hits from her first 3 albums so the label not giving a damn is sending me. She won but she shouldn’t have shared this ever or at least wait until she had a musical comeback so it could sound triumphant 

I doubt they gave her the masters from her early work for free. I mean they pull pretty good numbers on Spotify so there's definitely money to be made from song slike 1, 2, step (I mean it has 375M streams, that's actually really good). She's probably refering to her later work

Edited by Cloudy

7 hours ago, Truth Teller said:

I have no idea because people in the thread are saying her husband bought her older masters from Sony and I do vaguely remember that headline happening 2-3 years ago, but I'm not sure. I'm also not sure who he (may) have bought it from and whether he bought all of it. LaFace closed in 2011 and I'm not sure if her 2004-2010 masters went to Epic when she signed with them or not.

All she's saying in this interview is that her label didn't like the Beauty Marks material and let her go with the album for free, instead of keeping the songs hostage like most labels do or asking her to pay them back for the expenses incurred to produce those songs.

She and her husband both denied that he gifted her the old masters. She only owns everything from Beauty Marks. 

Ciara, shut up. Oh and Promise are worth a few dollars. Have some self respect. You could have lied like a rug on this one.

UYOGfku.gif

20 hours ago, Attitude said:

I'm still confused whenever she talks about this. Does she own the masters for everything pre-Beauty Marks or only everything she recorded starting with Level Up? Because if she owns the masters for everything she recorded after she left Epic it makes more sense. 

I think she means all the music that was meant for the first drafts of Beauty Marks.

her music is still making more than yalls incomes combined :skull: it’s not the read y’all think it is to discredit Ciara in 2022

Mmm, they wouldn't give them to her for free unless they thought there was no way they could make any money out of them :skull:

11 hours ago, Truth Teller said:

I don't understand how people are interpreting this as her whole catalogue of music :deadbanana4:

This is literally about her leaving Warner after announcing that she signed with them. It seems like they had a CEO change, and the new CEO wasn't feeling the project at all. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.