Top Posters In This Topic

• Mellark

• Rotunda

• WheresJay

• GoodGuyGoneGhetto

If anything she is getting the last laugh, so good for her 

• ATRL Moderator

A win for her regardless of how others will try to spin it :clap3:

I think she is referring to Level Up. The label didn’t want her to release that song and they gave her masters over it and then when she released it, it became a hit. 

First of all, her label thinking her masters are worthless doesn't make it true. 

I also don't think she's talking about her first two albums. She seems to be saying that the new label didn't believe in her vision and gave the new masters to her for free which worked out well for her. 

4 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

This woman’s career hasn’t caught a break since 2012, honestly. 

Her label literally told her that her music meant nothing to them and just handed it back to her for the price of $0.00

:hoetenks: :hoetenks: :hoetenks:

:bibliahh:

2 hours ago, JoanneActII said:

:deadbanana4:

I am genuinely asking. :deadbanana2: Screaming at Alicia stans starting this discourse. :rip:

She's clearly only talking about the material she recorded for Beatuy Marks :coffee2:

That's like receiving an amazing gift with an awful insult at the same time. :skull:

I think it's not totally clear what masters she is talking about, thus, all your comments are sad.

I am still so happy for her that the universe is on her side in all aspects, can't wait for the new single!

4 hours ago, professor2000 said:

I took it she was referring to everything AFTER “Level Up”.  

There’s NO WAY her label just gave her masters to her previous hits.  Those were MAJOR hit songs. 

I think ppl are misinterpreting this. 

:laugh:

This is what I was thinking. No way Sony's going to let her walk away with the masters to Goodies for free. :deadbanana:

She signed to Warner Records in 2017 and I think that's the CEO she's referring to since she ended up leaving them. 

3 hours ago, Poxy said:

I wish the C Squad was still on ATRL :deadbanana4:

They're not anymore? I remember they were so popular back in 2012-2013 era. I remember the One Woman Army era being such a good concept but didn't she scrap it? But they are still around. @Attitude

I mean, she wasn't very clear on what masters which results in misinformation considering she's went to like 2 or 3 labels. So I assume it's the masters to Beauty Marks.

Russell bought her her masters prior to Level Up. So she isn’t talking about her classic hits or material prior to that. She won. 

Virgin paying Mariah not to sing teas

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.