Ciara reveals label gave her masters for free

rosesbloom

I mean at the end of the day that’s good for her just for the sake of it, but :deadbanana2: they said “here, we don’t need nor want them”

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mellark

• Rotunda

• WheresJay

• Attitude

4 minutes ago, ElectricFrancis said:

I just :skull: that’s so humiliating tbh :jonny2:

Why? She says they obviously didn’t believe in her. That’s not her plight. She’s just being honest and reaped the benefits of her decision immediately after.

21 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Ok so why haven’t we gotten her lip syncs on drag race

Honestly, the producers/RuPaul probably just hasn’t commissioned her music yet.

Also, stylistically, I don’t think Ciara’s music would fit the show anyway. I love her music but what are Drag Queens (most, anyway, and especially the non-Black/Latino ones - no shade) going to do in a “Goodies/1,2 Step, Oh!/Get Up/Promise/Like A Boy/Ride” lip-sync?

:deadbanana4:

Perhaps “Love,Sex,Magic/Dance Like We’re Making Love” would fit. 

Then again, they lip-synced to Fantasia so anything is possible. 

:rip:

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

1 minute ago, WheresJay said:

Why? She says they obviously didn’t believe in her. That’s not her plight. She’s just being honest and reaped the benefits of her decision immediately after.

I know, it's great for her actually, but they literally said "take your worthless music and leave" 

Just now, ElectricFrancis said:

I know, it's great for her actually, but they literally said "take your worthless music and leave" 

They did but now that same music gets her 8-9 million monthly listeners on Spotify and that goes straight to her pocket. Them not validating her shouldn’t be humiliating when she has shown she can do so for herself.

5 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Also, stylistically, I don’t think Ciara’s music would fit the show anyway. I love her music but what are Drag Queens (most, anyway, and especially the non-Black/Latino ones - no shade) going to do in a “Goodies/1,2 Step, Oh!, Get Up, Promise, Like A Boy, Ride” lip-sync?

I was thinking Level Up :chick1:

The good thing about music culture is your music can literally go viral and become a hit 10 20 30 40 years later, it ALWAYS happens.

This is GOOD!

She’s already rich and seems to be in a happy loving marriage with a nice family so broke people should never laugh 

1 minute ago, Rotunda said:

I was thinking Level Up :chick1:

nn.

Unless they’re a high energy performer/dancer, and I can only think of a handful of Drag Race Queens that are, they would not be able to keep up with that song in an interesting fashion. 

Imagine GotMik vs Manila Luzon or Eureka vs Ginger Minj in a “Level Up” lip-sync?

:hoetenks:

you hoes kii-ing in here thinking her catalog is "worthless" but the queen is collecting all the coins from hundreds of millions of streams :clap3: 

They prolly paid her to take them out of their storage facility and let them take up space elsewhere, lol.

12 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Also, stylistically, I don’t think Ciara’s music would fit the show anyway. I love her music but what are Drag Queens (most, anyway, and especially the non-Black/Latino ones - no shade) going to do in a “Goodies/1,2 Step, Oh!/Get Up/Promise/Like A Boy/Ride” lip-sync?

not you acting like only black and latino people listen to Ciara :rip: 

she has many classic hits and even recently Level Up is a global hit on social media

Honestly good for her :clap3:

She’s been very blessed since getting with Russell 

2 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

nn.

Unless they’re a high energy performer/dancer, and I can only think of a handful of Drag Race Queens that are, they would not be able to keep up with that song in an interesting fashion. 

Imagine GotMik vs Manila Luzon or Eureka vs Ginger Minj in a “Level Up” lip-sync?

Sometimes we need a double elim 

• ATRL Administrator

Damn. They ain’t even offer her blue visa for it. 

8 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

nn.

TKB vs Rajah would EAT! 

she should’ve worded it differently (:rip:) but now she owns her work :clap3:

This is not the taylor situation she think it is :skull:

:deadbanana2:

We know labels have not known how to support Ciara, good on her for owning her freedom and artistic identity. She’s come a long way since Goodies and Level Up got over 300m views on YouTube so she won :clap3:

lol-sincerely-ciara.gif

Edited by Slap

33 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Her label literally told her that her music meant nothing to them and just handed it back to her for the price of $0.00

:bibliahh:

That seems very kind and "not corrupt" of the label tbh, but as a Bernie stan ... I should know better

• ATRL Moderator

Wait, how is her music that worthless? We love Ci!

the way she accidentally exposed that her music is literally worthless :jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.