Ciara reveals label gave her masters for free

rosesbloom

the fact is her catalogue wasn't generating enough profits to cover even maintenance fees for them to hand it out for free

am sorry but she got clowned

UYOGfku.gif

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mellark

• Rotunda

• Attitude

• GoodGuyGoneGhetto

Good for her, honestly it’s their loss, her discography is strong and she has plenty of hits so she has nothing to be ashamed of :michael:

13 hours ago, Truth Teller said:

Y'all are dumb :toofunny2:

She literally says her CEO wasn't feeling the music and let her go for free because he didn't believe in her. She literally says that. She's not being daft. She understands the label let her go because they didn't think she was profitable. She also understands that she bagged a platinum hit song with almost a billion streams across all platforms without paying a dime to the label that paid for that song and video to be made. She had 0 expenses and kept ALL the profit

And she's obviously talking about the new masters only. The CEO she's referring to is the Warner CEO who didn't own anything else from her back catalogue. Sony owned the rest of it at the time

Read them.

this is clearly about the last album she did, not Goodies or 1 2 Step etc. If I heard Dose, Freak and Level Up I wouldn’t be sure if they would be a profit either. But congrats to Ciara, let’s not diminish her business achievements. Waiting for new music.

Imagine a label hating your music and finding it so unprofitable that they give you all the rights to it, no strings attached. :bibliahh:

Good for Ci, She gets her masters for $0 because of a hating ass CEO including a Platinum selling hit.

Broke people should NEVER laugh.

giphy.webp

At least she’s honest

Wait, including the masters to Goodies album? She's winning

giphy.webp

10 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

Wait, including the masters to Goodies album? She's winning

giphy.webp

she said she decided to own her masters when she had Level Up, she was signed to Warner Records at the time so she got masters to the music released on Beauty Marks, not her all catalog.

1 hour ago, Nefertiti0 said:

she said she decided to own her masters when she had Level Up, she was signed to Warner Records at the time so she got masters to the music released on Beauty Marks, not her all catalog.

Oh okay, thanks for this. Ciara, an OWNER :clap3:

:skull: The level of impact was 0. 

15 hours ago, qurl said:

her music is still making more than yalls incomes combined :skull: it’s not the read y’all think it is to discredit Ciara in 2022

You may be right, but Level Up is the only song that will bring in major profit off of those masters. The parent album was a flop.

So, her discography was worthless for her label? Gurrrrrl...

23 hours ago, EnoughSaid said:

She has solid hits from her first 3 albums so the label not giving a damn is sending me. She won but she shouldn’t have shared this ever or at least wait until she had a musical comeback so it could sound triumphant 

This. Beauty Marks is such a flop. Both sonically and commericially.

Edited by prézli

16 hours ago, stephen1108 said:

I don't understand how people are interpreting this as her whole catalogue of music :deadbanana4:

This is literally about her leaving Warner after announcing that she signed with them. It seems like they had a CEO change, and the new CEO wasn't feeling the project at all. 

A lack of critical thinking. A lot of people on here just read what the first few people respond with and bounce off of that. I stopped posting on ATRL years ago and came back recently, and I don't remember it being this dumb before. 

3 hours ago, for lovers said:

A lack of critical thinking. A lot of people on here just read what the first few people respond with and bounce off of that. I stopped posting on ATRL years ago and came back recently, and I don't remember it being this dumb before. 

Girl just log out. It is never that serious :deadbanana4:

This is AMAZING for her 

but also is embarrassing to admit it 

she should have simply kept this to herself :rip:

her discography so unprofitable to her label that they didn’t even fight to keep it nnnnn

Omg. :bibliahh:

ATRL really thought that this is a kii.

CEO is living her best life, a kind of life most of y’all could only dream of. 

Prayers.

Yeah, this probably from Level Up and onwards which is still fine, she can release music at her pace and I don't think she feels any pressure, she's happy, got 3 beautiful kids and got that fine ass man feeding her good daily, she won :jonny5:

good for her. i hope she has her kate bush moment so ATRL can suffer while she makes coin :clap3:

There's no way they gave her Goodies, 1, 2 Step, Oh, Like a Boy for free - those are classics?!

Cici should've worded it better. People think it's all of her masters, she should've said: the masters through my recent album, Beauty Marks which was endorsed by Taylor Swift. 

giphy.webp

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.