This Was 2021 | WINNER!

supaspaz

• ATRL Moderator

zczyQUR.png

STANDING OVATION

Average score: 6.92

High score: 10 (@Invisibility, @Reverie)

Low score: (@ultraviolence.xx, @Saddy, @Taemira)

Though Sometimes I Might Be Introvert isn’t even halfway over, Little Simz takes a victory lap on this booming celebration of how far she’s come in her career. Rather than waiting for the “Standing Ovation” she knows she deserves, she going to give it to herself.

Best bit: “It's a gift and a curse to be this pretty and blessed”

ATRL says...: “Yes, she is definitely blessed,” @BnPac said.

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• madonnas

• Reverie

• Ace Reject

"Posing For Cars" done dirty: it's good because of the long instrumental outro! 

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Wyvern said:

Exactly! It just invites you to sit in the moment.

20 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

KCXjQTZ.png

TWO WORLDS APART

Average score: 6.89

High score: (@Saddy, @Invisibility, @Reverie)

Low score: (@Born to Run)

Little Simz settles into her groove on Sometimes I Might Be Introvert with this Smokey Robinson-sampling braggadocio rap (on the globe-trotting first verse) cum diss track to an ex (on the thoroughly-over-it second). A chopped and screwed “The Agony and the Ecstasy” operates in a call-and-response with Simbi, emphasizing that she and the subjects the song is directed at are “Two Worlds Apart.”

Best bit: “I got higher standards, don't waste time trying to pursue me/You would trade intellect for an artificial booty”

43??? Hell no :gaycat6:

Honestly a pretty good top 40. We got rid of (most of) the weaker Adele, Billie, and Olivia songs

• ATRL Moderator

OP is updated with the latest results. Here is your top 40:

HEAUX TALES

“Bodies (Intro)”

“Pick Up Your Feelings”

“Put It Down”

“On It”

“Price Tags”

“Lost One”

“The Other Side”

“Girl Like Me”

SOUR

“Brutal”

“Deja Vu”

“Good For You”

“Jealousy, Jealousy”

JUBILEE

“Paprika”

“Be Sweet”

“Kokomo, IN”

“Slide Tackle”

“Posing In Bondage”

“Tactics”

HAPPIER THAN EVER

“I Didn’t Change My Number”

“Billie Bossa Nova”

“My Future”

“Oxytocin”

“NDA”

“Therefore I Am”

“Happier Than Ever”

SOMETIMES I MIGHT BE INTROVERT

“Introvert”

“Woman”

“I Love You, I Hate You”

“Little Q, Pt. 2”

“Speed”

“I See You”

“Rollin Stone”

“Protect My Energy”

“Point and Kill”

“Fear No Man”

“How Did You Get Here”

“Miss Understood”

“My Little Love”

“Oh My God”

“All Night Parking”

To be Loathed should've left way earlier. But at least the best Adele song (not "My Little Love") survives.

19 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

Exactly! It just invites you to sit in the moment.

The instrumentals are the highlight of that album, and this really was the perfect way to close it.

• ATRL Moderator

I was the highest score for In Hell!! Shame on y’all!

Drivers License felt like this gargantuan pop moment when it was smashing? But then good 4 u came along and just completely erased it.  It was crazy to witness but the better song won.  

Really surprised Posing for Cars wasn't as adored tbh... I suppose there could have been worse songs from it to leave. I like In Hell but I'll take it leaving to keep Slide Tackle!

The sentiment of Getting Older is exactly what makes it a perfect opener to me! I'm not terribly mad at it leaving now. Same with Your Power, an interesting lead single choice for sure...

Didn't expect To Be Loved to be out (and Oh My God still being in is VERY surprising to me). There's just something about a raw, emotional song like this, and I actually think songs like this are better from someone who ISN'T a proper belter.

maxresdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, supaspaz said:

. @madonnas called it “more ‘Easy On Me’ bullshit.”

i cant stand u

1 hour ago, Wyvern said:

Ugh I know, attention spans, guitar solos and taste lost collectively.

OT: Get Oh My God and Therefore I Am the hell out of here already!

2 hours ago, supaspaz said:

sFqDycz.png

YOUR POWER

Average score: 6.83

High score: 10 (@supaspaz, @Lucas32)

Low score: (@Insanity, @creativity.)

After a monthslong hiatus, Billie Eilish relaunched the promotional cycle for her second album with what would technically be Happier Than Ever’s third single: this soft folk ballad with a hard edge. Accompanied mainly by an acoustic guitar, it’s perhaps the most stripped-down she has ever been, the song’s entrancing force coming from Billie’s clear-eyed denunciation of men who exploit young women. Fans theorized that she was singing about her former boyfriend, 7: AMP, whom she dated when she was a teenager and he was in his early 20s. But while Billie has acknowledged being in a relationship when she was younger that she now views as abusive, she has also insisted that the song is bigger than her own experiences. “I would like people to listen to me,” she told British Vogue. “And not just try to figure out who I'm talking about, because it's not about that.” Debuting and peaking at #10 on the Billboard Hot 100, “Your Power” was an unusual direction for Billie and it quickly tumbled down the charts, though it did manage to crack the top twenty on both pop and rock radio. The self-directed music video, where she sits on a mountain as a snake wraps itself around her neck, won the MTV Video Music Award for Best Video for Good.

Best bit: “Will you only feel bad when they find out?/If you could take it all back/Would you?”

ATRL says...: “A poor choice as lead single,” @madonnas stated. “But at the same time, it made us lower our expectations for the album, so when we listened to the album as a whole, we were blown away.” @Ace Reject said it “would be a 10 if the BPM matched ‘Lovesong’” by the Cure.

Y'all are insane :bibliahh: This deserved top 20 at the very least

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, wish said:

Y'all are insane :bibliahh: This deserved top 20 at the very least

We needed your ballot!

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Didn't expect To Be Loved to be out (and Oh My God still being in is VERY surprising to me). There's just something about a raw, emotional song like this, and I actually think songs like this are better from someone who ISN'T a proper belter.

maxresdefault.jpg

It’s so raw and real. It’s Adele as Adele is intended to sound. I adore it.

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, madonnas said:

I was the highest score for In Hell!! Shame on y’all!

I’m still laughing about your comment

i thought to be loved and posing for cars were strong top 10 contenders? :gaycat6:

3 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

maxresdefault.jpg

this is so true

effortless singing wouldnt give it justice

And here I thought Drivers License was a #1 contender :skull: 

Your Power and Getting Older out is such a shame. YP is about as get as acoustic ballads get and GO has such a unique vibe to it. 

• ATRL Moderator
On 7/24/2022 at 5:58 PM, Reverie said:

Oh this is so true 

Never lying - truth teller! Shoutout to @Truth Teller

• ATRL Moderator
On 7/24/2022 at 6:48 PM, supaspaz said:

OP is updated with the latest results. Here is your top 40:

HEAUX TALES

“Bodies (Intro)”

“Pick Up Your Feelings”

“Put It Down”

“On It”

“Price Tags”

“Lost One”

“The Other Side”

“Girl Like Me”

SOUR

“Brutal”

“Deja Vu”

“Good For You”

“Jealousy, Jealousy”

JUBILEE

“Paprika”

“Be Sweet”

“Kokomo, IN”

“Slide Tackle”

“Posing In Bondage”

“Tactics”

HAPPIER THAN EVER

“I Didn’t Change My Number”

“Billie Bossa Nova”

“My Future”

“Oxytocin”

“NDA”

“Therefore I Am”

“Happier Than Ever”

SOMETIMES I MIGHT BE INTROVERT

“Introvert”

“Woman”

“I Love You, I Hate You”

“Little Q, Pt. 2”

“Speed”

“I See You”

“Rollin Stone”

“Protect My Energy”

“Point and Kill”

“Fear No Man”

“How Did You Get Here”

“Miss Understood”

“My Little Love”

“Oh My God”

“All Night Parking”

Can we just make those + g4i+ HTE the top ten? Please? Please? Please? #rachelberry

45 minutes ago, Ace Reject said:

Can we just make those + g4i+ HTE the top ten? Please? Please? Please? #rachelberry

I mean :michael:  Be Sweet and My Little Love can get a piece of that top 10 too.

• ATRL Moderator
21 hours ago, Ace Reject said:

20 hours ago, MP2K said:

I mean :michael:  Be Sweet and My Little Love can get a piece of that top 10 too.

These Little Simz deniers! "Rollin Stone" and "Introvert" and "Point and Kill" are a serve.

24 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

These Little 

These Little Simz deniers! "Rollin Stone" and "Introvert" and "Point and Kill" are a serve.

Most of her tracks were GREAT I just can't remember until they reappear during the reveal lol #lazytings

On 7/24/2022 at 6:16 PM, supaspaz said:

Like if you agree that's a "cute opener." Retweet if you agree that's a "perfect opener."

RT

Also we need Slide Tackle for top 10 (5) and can take out Girl Like Me for a Simz song too ty!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.