Ava Max - 'Diamonds & Dancefloors'

Supervillain

The leaks are deserved tbh. There is NO REASON why the album is already finished and they're waiting until JANUARY to release it. It's insane. 

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Totami Legend

• Nefertiti0

• Supervillain

• Club classic

Can't wait to receive my vinyl next week :fan: come through amazon japan

3 minutes ago, Black Jesus said:

The leaks are deserved tbh. There is NO REASON why the album is already finished and they're waiting until JANUARY to release it. It's insane. 

I mean most albums are finished 6-12 months before they're released - vinyl manufacturing deadlines, marketing plans, single rollout plans, artwork, video production, other releases by other artists on a label's roster etc etc. all inform when an album can get released. This is not unusual whatsoever. 

not her phone dying... atlantic hacked it to sabotage her future tik toks yeah #FreeAva

britney-spears-conspiracy-theory.gif

She was mad.

My ranking after a couple of listens:

Get Outta My Heart

In The Dark

Last Night on Earth

Cold as Ice

Sleepwalker

Hold Up (Wait a Minute)

One of Us

Million Dollar Baby

Ghost

Dancing's Done

Turn Off The Lights

Diamonds & Dancefloors

Maybe You're the Problem

Weapons

A 7/10 album for me overall.

9 hours ago, djcalpal said:

I mean most albums are finished 6-12 months before they're released - vinyl manufacturing deadlines, marketing plans, single rollout plans, artwork, video production, other releases by other artists on a label's roster etc etc. all inform when an album can get released. This is not unusual whatsoever. 

that’s why it should have stayed with the original release date though.

On 10/19/2022 at 2:30 AM, dangerousalex said:

I mean... Atlantic doesn't care clearly. It's also a good reason to be upset, since her imprint dissolved and she got stuck directly with Atlantic who isn't supporting her at all by the looks of it. I would be crying to if I was stuck with a label that sees me as expendable. :deadbanana4:

this part is just sad. the fact that she broke through in US with pure pop, got a debut album with like 2 billion streams but still not supported by ur parent company 

who you know is truly the most important key to success. but how can anyone stay on top when these record companies keep merging and dissolving and shifting staff around 24/7?

Watch this debut at #200 because of the vinyls

remember when 5SOS album was shipped early and lost sales because billboard counted them for the shipped week and not for release week 

omg it did NOT ship again. i cant believe it. WHAT is going on?

I know I will regret doing this but let me delete the files and wait for real HQ yeah

I need to bop to Ghost one last time first

I'm haunted by your ghost
It's what I fear the most

EVERYWHERE I GOOOOOOoooooOhhhhh

623cdcca882db2d7efa8d32424a61d29_w200.gi5xwT6om.gif623cdcca882db2d7efa8d32424a61d29_w200.gi

16 hours ago, Nerez said:

Will we get a decent rip from this new batch of shipped vinyls though? Ddd

maybe :ghostface:

Edited by Totami Legend

Why can't my pre order with Amazon Australia ship? Atlantic should really release the album asap at this point.

Release the album digitally/on streaming tonight and let the physicals come later with a digital deluxe release in January. How hard is it to let this go?

Her team + label need to realize she will not have a big enough hit to move copies by the time this releases. Release it now, and attempt to give it legs by pushing certain songs on radio.

I cant with the Weapons haters. I honestly think that could be the biggest hit on the album. They should push it next.

It was really bad on her part to talk about the leaks at all lol

I get it, it would look bad if she pretended like it didn't happen altogether, but this just spotlights the issue more

Label has definitely dropped the ball, but they cannot control Amazon distributors if a mess up already took place, and... They delayed the album to potentially help the album do better long-term. It feels a bit messy to just point the finger at Atlantic and squirm. No ones hearing this leak besides twelve gays on the internet, the GP will still help it sell in January or weeks from now

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, BZZ said:

Label has definitely dropped the ball, but they cannot control Amazon distributors if a mess up already took place, and... They delayed the album to potentially help the album do better long-term. It feels a bit messy to just point the finger at Atlantic and squirm. No ones hearing this leak besides twelve gays on the internet, the GP will still help it sell in January or weeks from now

The issue is those 12 gays were the ones that were going to stream the album on release week, now they'll all be tired of the album by the time it comes out in 3 months.

6 minutes ago, khalyan said:

The issue is those 12 gays were the ones that were going to stream the album on release week, now they'll all be tired of the album by the time it comes out in 3 months.

That's true, but her core fanbase will likely be the ones who keep streaming it routinely on. It's just about how much of a loss it'll really be. The label will go for the most commercially viable option, and if that means no rush release, they'll stick with that.

Keep in mind, she posted about the leak which means her team/label definitely had to have approved that. Let's see what their plan is in November when MDB finally goes to radio and promo begins.

Edited by BZZ

16 minutes ago, khalyan said:

It leaked in LQ, those gays are still anticipating the HQ release nnn

I love this album! So much fun, BoreNights can't releate

Can they put it on streaming, I need HQ

:wanda:

Edited by lovedaddy