• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• killer_rose

• LesFleur

• CaptainMusic

This is INSANE and the biggest justice ever. It only peaked at #30 in its original chart run.

Cmon release an edit and send it to radio, playlists, etc. Let’s make this a #1 hit and the album Platinum in the US too.

19 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

don’t think this applies to RUTH as it’s re-entering and hasn’t declined for 3 weeks?

I am not sure since for an example, Mariah and Wham are always on ACR every Xmas. 

The label can request a reset and in rare cases Official Charts do it themselves. It's an absolute crime since the streams and sales are clearly showing RUTH as the #1 song of the week, totally unfair to undermine that with a made-up chart rule.

2 minutes ago, killer_rose said:

I am not sure since for an example, Mariah and Wham are always on ACR every Xmas. 

The label can request a reset and in rare cases Official Charts do it themselves. It's an absolute crime since the streams and sales are clearly showing RUTH as the #1 song of the week, totally unfair to undermine that with a made-up chart rule.

That would be so ridiculous if Harry gets another week and blocks because of this dumb rule :ace: 

On 5/30/2022 at 5:47 PM, unclefloprry said:

Placebo's version is better tbh :cm:

On 5/31/2022 at 3:56 PM, winebaldo said:

This, because it was the firts time I heard the song

The lack of taste :biblio:

I’d never heard this before stranger things. The sequence with this song in S4E4 gave me genuine goosebumps, largely due to this incredible song.

It’s really fascinating how modern media consumption can generate such massive, unpredictable popular interest. Reminds me of the Fleetwood Mac/cranberry juice thing a year or two ago. Curious to see how long interest in this song will last. 

1 hour ago, CaptainMusic said:

don’t think this applies to RUTH as it’s re-entering and hasn’t declined for 3 weeks?

It's older than 3 year which means it is permanently on ACR. The label can request a reset but ultimately it's up to the OCC if they approve the request. Both Mariah and Wham requested a reset and were denied (thankfully both went on to be #1 despite it). 

Maybe the Tik Tok crowd think that Kate Bush is a new artist smashing out of nowhere like Olivia :dies:

If the second song they use on the show is Cloudbusting...it's really game over for everyone else.

She should release a Directors Cut 2 with songs from Hounds and The Dreaming. 

11 minutes ago, katara said:

Maybe the Tik Tok crowd think that Kate Bush is a new artist smashing out of nowhere like Olivia :dies:

And they better believe it, because we need her to explode everywhere.

Gen Z on TikTok are STANNING this song so hard

as they should

This song deserves this recognition. Pretty sure I remember it was considered an underground hit in the US at the time and mostly played on college radio ect 

When the girls visit the institution they used fake names. Ruth and Rose. Is this easter egg for the next Kate Bush song? :gaycat1:

5 hours ago, Shelter said:

7 million streams yesterday :clap3:

Jesus :deadbanana2:

32 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Cloudbusting next pls :clap3: 

32 minutes ago, NOW said:

If the second song they use on the show is Cloudbusting...it's really game over for everyone else.

It's over for Madonna, Cyndi and Janet i fear

UQbo9UN.gif

9 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

50 Words for Snow literally her best album since The Sensual Word but okay… 

Also, we got that phenomenal live album not too long ago. I know she said she is working on music in her last spoken interview but i doubt it’s ever coming. I think those live shows was her final thing on her bucket list before she retired (along with finally reworking The Red Shoes)

I know some people like 50 Words but I just have this natural disinterest in Christmas / winter-themed music so I guess I'm just biased about it. No matter how hard I try every year, I cannot get into it. Hounds of Love, The Dreaming, and The Sensual World are my top three Kate albums though so we can at least agree on TSW! :cm:

15 minutes ago, Bandito said:

I know some people like 50 Words but I just have this natural disinterest in Christmas / winter-themed music so I guess I'm just biased about it. No matter how hard I try every year, I cannot get into it. Hounds of Love, The Dreaming, and The Sensual World are my top three Kate albums though so we can at least agree on TSW! :cm:

I can respect that. I personally love wintery albums so it’s made for me. I’m an Aerial apologist also but I agree with your top 3 :fan:

12 hours ago, Wonderland said:

Radio next

AC/HAC/Alternative/AAA better carry it

rJxJmKo.gif

Let me call in to some stations and request running up that chart

rJxJmKo.gif

Also, 2M+ on Spotify oh WOW….

coming for top 10 on billboard?

2 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

my 26 yo boyfriend: Kate Bush who?

rupaul-leaving.gif

Dump his ass (and **** before doing so)
rupaul-leaving.gif

I was curious so listened to this for the first time and even though it's not my kind of music I can see its appeal, the production is cute

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.