Running Up that Hill finally #1 on Spotify WW with 8,4m streams

Sugden

1 hour ago, Monster Megamind said:

She singlehandedly wrote and produced this song!

And like, she actually did it all. In the 80s. In spite of all the misogyny towards independent female creatives.

She's truly one of a kind.

rJxJmKo.gif

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• killer_rose

• LesFleur

• CaptainMusic

I bet no one thought an 80s song would be this year's song of the summer 

1 hour ago, Wonderland said:

Not a song from 1985 being a contender for Billboard's SOTS 2022 

rJxJmKo.gif

We love to see it 

rJxJmKo.gif

• ATRL Moderator
6 minutes ago, ☆lex said:

Wait not this prediction, truly the SOTS

#5??!

:jonny5:

12 minutes ago, khalyan said:

#5??!

:jonny5:

I know :jonny5: the SMASHERY 

Edit: also This predictor has it at #7: 

Spoiler

So top 10 range is looking very likely :jonny5:

Edited by ☆lex

7 minutes ago, ☆lex said:

I know :jonny5: the SMASHERY 

Edit: also This predictor has it at #7: 

Reveal hidden contents

So top 10 range is looking very likely :jonny5:

It's #2 US Spotify, YouTube and #3 Apple Music. I think it could sneak to #2 as streaming is holding really well.

NOT it already pushing for TOP 5 

rJxJmKo.gif

The way this could have happened with any song, yet Ms. Bush’s iconic anthem was the chosen one :jonny: we literally have NO choice but to stan

Still green on iTunes, and the fact it's #3 on AM. Tomorrow should have an even bigger update on Spotify.

The freaking slayage, let me stream it once again, ugh my head can't stop playing it anyways. 

Edited by Ger-55

It’s insane the power of Stranger Things.

Running Up That Hill is an incredible song from mid 80’s. 

It deserves so much  hit number #1. It would be an amazing feat. watch an 80’s synth pop song hit number #1 nowadays!

Edited by Capruni

5 hours ago, killer_rose said:

I am sure this is not going to get added to TTH unless Spotify are feeling generous. :monkey:

That's dumb if they didn't considering all the dusty 1-year old songs in there. This is a legitimate hit and deserves a TTH exposure :biblio:

the layered production and melodies in this song are just beyond stunning. How did she pull that level of production off in the friggin 80s when they had limited sounds available to them?

13 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

the layered production and melodies in this song are just beyond stunning. How did she pull that level of production off in the friggin 80s when they had limited sounds available to them?

You should listen to the rest of the album if you think that's impressive (and the rest of her discography)

4 minutes ago, LanaDelRey said:

You should listen to the rest of the album if you think that's impressive (and the rest of her discography)

deff going to be doing that. I casually knew of her before but never got into her discography. If all her music is on the level of this song then I am in for a treat :duca: 

20 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

Do not listen to Waking the Witch from her. That song is demonic as ****

3 minutes ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

Do not listen to Waking the Witch from her. That song is demonic as ****

But I love scary ish. I am ready to be cursed :jonny5:

This song seems to be genuinely latching onto people considering how massive these updates have been, which makes me think that everyone who is picking up the song is keeping it in their rotation. I also think this effect will continue as long people continue to watch the new season of ST, which overall leads me to believe this song will have more longevity and potentially more growth than Dreams’ resurgence did. I also think that the song being featured in the finale in July will give it another wind and more longevity through the summer. That being said, I could be totally wrong here and I am more than willing to eat my words. I’m just happy this masterpiece is getting discovered by younger generations :weeps:

Also is there any chance this could get added to TTH? This could genuinely go #1 on Spotify Global tomorrow.

26 minutes ago, Fleabag said:

This song seems to be genuinely latching onto people considering how massive these updates have been, which makes me think that everyone who is picking up the song is keeping it in their rotation. I also think this effect will continue as long people continue to watch the new season of ST, which overall leads me to believe this song will have more longevity and potentially more growth than Dreams’ resurgence did. I also think that the song being featured in the finale in July will give it another wind and more longevity through the summer. That being said, I could be totally wrong here and I am more than willing to eat my words. I’m just happy this masterpiece is getting discovered by younger generations :weeps:

I'm actually thinking the opposite... it's peaking this week and will prob stay here for 2 more weeks before slipping, until the finale where it's featured again.

Something more sustainable like a tiktok trend will keep it around longer. 

AlexStexaul

the way goods songs always win at the end :gaygacat4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.