What era did Beyonce become bigger than Britney?

GiftFromGod

2 hours ago, TouchinFree said:

Never. Britney never relied on a group. 

What are Beyonce's hits anyways? Halo? And crazy in love? Britney has way more

Britney's catalogue is far more successful . Beyonce just has a much better reputation and respect. 

Let me educate you sis. 

As part of DC Bey had multiple hits like Independent Women that were #1 for 10 weeks. 

After she went solo she had smashes like Baby Boy (9 weeks #1), Crazy in Love (8 weeks #1), Irreplaceable (10 weeks #1), Single Ladies (4 weeks #1, outsold every Britney song digitally). I didnt even include songs like Halo, it has more streams than almost every Britney album (yes that one song outstreamed most Britney albums on Spotify). Run The World alone has more streams than the whole Femme Fatale album. 

Put some Respect on Beyonce's hits. 

giphy.gif

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swissman

• Mystic Boy

• PrudenceHCharmed

• dirrtydiana

20 minutes ago, Girls5eva said:

Let me educate you sis. 

As part of DC Bey had multiple hits like Independent Women that were #1 for 10 weeks. 

After she went solo she had smashes like Baby Boy (9 weeks #1), Crazy in Love (8 weeks #1), Irreplaceable (10 weeks #1), Single Ladies (4 weeks #1, outsold every Britney song digitally). I didnt even include songs like Halo, it has more streams than almost every Britney album (yes that one song outstreamed most Britney albums on Spotify). Run The World alone has more streams than the whole Femme Fatale album. 

giphy.gif

I mean, yes.

Given that DC was Billboard's Top Artist two years in a row (2000, 2001, during Britney's absolute peak, no less) as well as Beyoncé being Billboard's Decade End #1 Female Artist, she CERTAINLY has enough hits under her belt to praise and respect.

Britney fans clinging to album sales. Let’s forget single, tour, and all the other things that make someone a huge star. 

It probably started in 2002 when Beyoncé landed the lead female role in Austin Powers while Britney played a cameo. :clap3:

Almost every brit peer is bigger than her nowadays from Pink, to Bey, to Shak..

6 hours ago, TouchinFree said:

Never. Britney never relied on a group. 

What are Beyonce's hits anyways? Halo? And crazy in love? Britney has way more

Britney's catalogue is far more successful . Beyonce just has a much better reputation and respect. 

Beyonce outstreams Britney by MILES, what the hell is this utter nonsense :rip: ATRL just popping off with the utter delusion, Jesus lord

OT: 2013 

How and why this thread still going? They both legends riding 2 different waves.

7 hours ago, Girls5eva said:

Let me educate you sis. 

giphy.gif

It's always the "streaming" for everything. Again , Olivia , Billie and even Camila has more streams than some of Beyonce's smashes. Won't mean they're more "successful" than Beyonce eventually or as an artist overall. 

Britney's work is known . She's cemented regardless and has sold more albums + records than Beyonce and  you can knock your head on a wall all you want. Britney was never surpassed by any of her peers. She has the sales that no one could achieve and that's with her first 3 albums. Streaming isn't the entire indication of "surpassing" nor it's a single measurement of success. MJ biggest hits have less streams than a carly rae jepson and some of Rihanna's quick hits. That doesn't make the songs "bigger". 

I do put respect on Beyonce's hits. They're just not as relevant as Baby one more time , Toxic , Oops or Gimme more. Notice how you use "digital" and "streaming" . Beyonce came out solo 6 years after Britney's debut . What kind of comparison is this???

So Camila is more successful and relevant than both Madonna and MJ because her song has 3Billion views. Do you even comprehend your logic? And despacito is bigger than Billie jean ...... Because it has more "streams" :rip:

Edited by TouchinFree

It's always the "streaming" for everything. Again , Olivia , Billie and even Camila has more streams than some of Beyonce's smashes. Won't mean they're more "successful" than Beyonce eventually or as an artist overall. 

Britney's work is known . She's cemented regardless and has sold more albums + records than Beyonce and  you can knock your head on a wall all you want. Britney was never surpassed by any of her peers. She has the sales that no one could achieve and that's with her first 3 albums. Streaming isn't the entire indication of "surpassing" nor it's a single measurement of success. MJ biggest hits have less streams than a carly rae jepson and some of Rihanna's quick hits. That doesn't make the songs "bigger". 

I do put respect on Beyonce's hits. They're just not as relevant as Baby one more time , Toxic , Oops or Gimme more. Notice how you use "digital" and "streaming" . Beyonce came out solo 6 years after Britney's debut . What kind of comparison is this???

So Camila is more successful and relevant than both Madonna and MJ because her song has 3Billion views. Do you even comprehend your logic? And despacito is bigger than Billie jean ...... Because it has more "streams" :rip:

The ignorance :ahh:

Do you even comprehend your logic?

It's quite clear you don't, considering your list of examples to try and dispute the argument is comparing songs released decades ago to songs released now, which is not what anyone was doing for Beyoncé and Britney. :toofunny3: Comparing their music that was released at the same time and see how it's performing in the current musical climate is very much relevant and an actual way of measuring the current success of an artist's catalogue.

Meanwhile you're just saying "no Britney's is more successful!!!111" with absolutely nothing to support it.

13 hours ago, Rhiannon said:

Almost every brit peer is bigger than her nowadays from Pink, to Bey, to Shak..

She is only bigger than Xtina who is a huge flop in general lol it is funny how they go on about monsters 'they attack katy she is the only one she can beat' but maybe it can be the same for others :mandown:

And 07/08

They’re both legends and both two of the most successful artists of all time. They’re about equal, but at some point Beyoncé managed to get a better team around her. Imagine if she’d kept Matthew Knowles on after 4. 

16 hours ago, TouchinFree said:

I generally think that using current streaming as a means to push superiority or impact of a song is not the best metric. However, when you are comparing two artists who are very much peers it has some basis, especially in a conversation like this where multiple metrics are considered.

Let's not forget they are from the same era. They debuted 1 to less than 5 years apart depending on how you look at it (<5 if using Crazy in Love as her debut; 4 if using Work It Out or '03 Bonnie and Clyde; 2 if using her solo feature on I Got That; 1 if using her first solo feature in 1999; or one year before Britney if using DC).

As you said, comparing Billie and Madonna's streams, or Despacito to Billie Jean is illogical, but no one is doing something of that nature. Comparing Billie Jean to the song took over the #1 spot from it, Come On Eileen makes sense. Comparing something like Crazy in Love and Me Against The Music is more than fair.

As far as relevancy, what is your definition of it? If current streams are not part of the equation, what is?

Edited by swissman

since crazy in love.

18 hours ago, TouchinFree said:

Britney has album sales and she certainly has her big moments, but her best are from her early days. Beyoncé has taken over and she pretty much has done all while Britney has not. She is the bigger star, Britney is more a nostalgia act and tabloid star which is still incredible. 

Beyoncé’s tours are much bigger than Britney’s too. If Britney didn’t have her breakdown, she might still be up there beside Beyoncé, but right now, she is not. 

19 hours ago, TouchinFree said:

Beyoncé has sold more records than Britney. Pack it up and move on. 

23 hours ago, TouchinFree said:

No. Besides streaming, the Beyhives are posting Hot 100, touring, GRAMMYS, accolades etc. which Billie & Olivia doesn't have. 

I doubt Billie or Olivia is going to sing for the President; or having iconic movie roles like Dreamgirls. I'll wait for the day where they'll sing with Celine Dion.

On 5/20/2022 at 7:34 PM, Bears01 said:

Beyonce outstreams Britney by MILES, what the hell is this utter nonsense :rip: ATRL just popping off with the utter delusion, Jesus lord

OT: 2013 

This is correct.

ST and the celebrity that followed ? cemented Beyoncé as a THE generational leader amongst her peers.
It is what it is (which tbf is nothing more than Stan fodder, substantiating arbitrary metrics of exaltedness). That said, who knows the path Britney might have forged on her own had she not been handicapped by hostile parasitic entities.  I do believe if Britney hadn’t ~allowed herself to be so easily held within the Conservatorship, and if she ~truly desired to remain as the de facto QOP (an aspiration I’m certain she had long since abandoned)… there wouldn’t have been anyone capable of usurping her from the crown.

Now this isn’t to say Beyoncé didn’t necessarily earn or deserve the elevated status of her celebrity circa 2013-present however.  ***** UNDERSTOOD the given assignment and she delivered it in spades. She is a paragon of beauty, with the talent and drive to back it up (pun somewhat intended).

So all things being equal, the FACTS remain as such: Beyoncé is the undisputed queen of her generation, with a legacy far outclassing each and every one of her contemporaries.  Through sheer determination, backed by an incredibly diverse skill-set, this woman has well and truly earned all of the recognition she [has and] continues to receive.

i def think i am.. is when beyonce really started de-throning britney. in more ways than one. i even think britney used to be able to perform and be in the same sentences as far as show stoppers like beyonce, but after 2008.. i think that was over.

I’d say post Female Fatale. 4 is a very underwhelming era and prior to that, Circus is a good comeback.

Beyonce's has outperformed Britney sales wise since 2006. Performance skills wise since 1999.

Beyonce was always more respected as a musician but I feel like her global explosion happened around 2011/Blue Ivy or 2013 with ST/Superbowl.

Final answer 2006. 

Beyonce surpassed Spears back in about 2002 tbh. Spears really only lasted a few years with a small comeback in 2008. Lemonade and BEYONCE were huge in the 2010s and Spears just didn't catch on again after Circus.

the obsession this site has with the legendary ms britney spears :toofunny3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.