What era did Beyonce become bigger than Britney?

GiftFromGod

4 hours ago, brainmaniac said:

1. Britney released 4 albums, including 3 teen pop albums 

Christina released 2 albums, and only 1 teen pop album 

And that’s the bottom line. Even XtianlofBritney isn’t delusional as you to argue against that :rip:

2. Eminem had a crush on Christina and their issue was more about her speaking out against the domestic violence glorified in his music, which she rightfully did since she and her family are survivors of domestic abuse 

Meanwhile, Eminem definitely annihilated Britney 

“I'm anti-Backstreet and Ricky Martin

with instincts to kill N'Sync, don't get me started
These f***^brats can't sing and Britney's garbage”

Christina never kicked DC out anywhere, her team doing that when she wasn’t there didn’t make them have hard feelings against her, since Beyoncé has praised her many times after. 

Lil Kim is a Legend and she rightfully called out Britney for being nasty to her on two different instances. Timbaland only gave Britney a taste of her own medicine after she was nasty to him first

1. Bomt (99), oops(00), self titled (01)-

My reflection (98), CA (99), MR (00), RM duet (00), LM (01), MKoC (01), Stripped (03). what’s not clicking? 

2. Eminem did NOT have a crush on xtina what kind of parallel reality teas is this? I- :deadbanana: to you all that high school lyric is worse than sIut shaming her for “giving two guys head”? and ratting him out about being married? and the way he dissed her at the 2002 vmas? 

bey and brit are just leagues above not only in sales but good manners

not even gonna bother with the rest. youre more delusional than that bramaniac user 

edit: waiT :skull:

Edited by dirrtydiana

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swissman

• Mystic Boy

• PrudenceHCharmed

• dirrtydiana

Ddddd y'all still here 

Beyoncé surpassed Britney in longevity in the 10s, but she wasn't bigger in the 00s. Stop the non-sense.

In the 00s, Britney had bigger overall album sales. Because yes, Britney is mainly a 00s act.
Her first album came out in 1999 which was a year before the 00s decade started, her first album didn't stop selling after 1999. 

Either way, she had weaker Hot 100 runs BUT her albums sales made up for it. 

Wasn't it even posted recently, their total CSPC

7. Britney Spears (108,650,000)

11. Beyoncé (85,950,000)

Y'all make it hard not to defend Britney because you guys paint her as the flop she is NOT. Touch some grass :skull: 

The moment she became bigger than everyone bar the very biggest legends in music (Madonna, Whitney etc.): BEYONCÉ. 

1 hour ago, dirrtydiana said:

1. Bomt (99), oops(00), self titled (01)-

My reflection (98), CA (99), MR (00), RM duet (00), LM (01), MKoC (01), Stripped (03). what’s not clicking? 

2. Eminem did NOT have a crush on xtina what kind of parallel reality teas is this? I- :deadbanana: to you all that high school lyric is worse than sIut shaming her for “giving two guys head”? and ratting him out about being married? and the way he dissed her at the 2002 vmas? 

bey and brit are just leagues above not only in sales but good manners

not even gonna bother with the rest. youre more delusional than that bramaniac user 

edit: waiT :skull:

So you’re not just delusional but bird-brained too :gaycat6:  This was about their regular studio albums between 1999-2003 and for the 2nd time in a row, you can’t even remember that your fave released a regular studio album in 2003 with In The Zone :lmao:(Plus, Stripped was released in 2002, not 2003 and MkoC was released in 2000, not 2001).

Bottomline, between 1999-2003, Britney released 4 regular studio albums, while Christina released 2 regular studio albums and no amount of you bringing up Mi Reflejo or LM is going to change that :rip:

Eminem did have a crush on Christina. He talked many times about how he found her attractive and even said he wanted to take her home at the Europe VMAs. And spreading false rumors about who slept with who is what is literally high school behavior. Talking about wanting to kill the new artists from 1999 & calling them garbage is clearly something else :dies:

Judging from what Timbaland and Lil Kim among others have said, it’s clear Britney is leagues beneath them when it comes to good manners. 

Anyway, @Mystic Boy is right about you trying to deflect the topic away from Beyoncé and Britney :lmao:Like he correctly pointed out, Britney made poor decisions that helped ruin her own image that don’t make her exempt from a comparison to Beyonce. 

17 hours ago, Mystic Boy said:

The fact you think this is some kind of drag :toofunny3:

And ? :rip:

She's the one to blame, nobody asked her to get married in Vegas, nobody forced her to Marry that traiwreck of Kevin Federline. 

Beyoncé met a lot of backlash during the 00s too but had the strength to overcome this.

Certain Beyonce fans posting in here about Britney were in another Beyonce vs. Kanye thread saying that what truly counts is career sales and that Beyonce has outsold Kanye even if he's outpeforming her now :mandown:

2 hours ago, Robyn. said:

Ddddd y'all still here 

Beyoncé surpassed Britney in longevity in the 10s, but she wasn't bigger in the 00s. Stop the non-sense.

In the 00s, Britney had bigger overall album sales. Because yes, Britney is mainly a 00s act.
Her first album came out in 1999 which was a year before the 00s decade started, her first album didn't stop selling after 1999. 

11. Beyoncé (85,950,000)

Y'all make it hard not to defend Britney because you guys paint her as the flop she is NOT. Touch some grass :skull: 

Well, sales isn't the only thing that measure success when Britney has 9 vs Beyoncé 6 (or in 00s 6 vs 3 albums) unless you insist to include DC. Furthermore, during the peak of album sales Beyoncé did not exist again unless you wanted to include DC but y'all wouldn't want that because B would ranked higher in that case. 

Beyoncé is bigger in Forbes, Awards, Acclaim, Singles (digital downloads/ringtones/airplay), Streams (Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, JOOX, Melon), Touring, Movie Roles, Business Ventures, Social Media etc. 

Beyoncé also performed with the legends like Celine Dion, Prince, Luther Vandross, Stevie Wonder along with portraying Diana Ross and Etta James (all during the 00s) 

Beyoncé performed at the SUPERBOWL four times, Inauguration twice, Oscar three times in one night, Grammy twice in one night, Glastonbury, Coachella, MIA, Global Citizen etc. 

If Britney is really bigger, then post her other achievement as well. And btw, according to a reputable source aka Billboard, Beyoncé the top radio artist of the decade, top female of the decade and most certified female as well as best ringtone seller; so yeah Beyoncé still bigger in 00s and only gets bigger in the 10s when she was named #5 most streamed female and #1 by Pollstar. 

2 hours ago, Jay07 said:

Certain Beyonce fans posting in here about Britney were in another Beyonce vs. Kanye thread saying that what truly counts is career sales and that Beyonce has outsold Kanye even if he's outpeforming her now :mandown:

Please learn how to read. 

Besides sales, the Beyhives are posting her GRAMMYS, touring, acclaim, movies, and performing with legendary artists and portraying legendary artist along with performing at the SUPERBOWL, Inauguration and Oscar awards. 

We also posted the Hot 100 and Year end Chart ranks in our arguments besides clinging solely to BB200 and album sales. 

9 minutes ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

Well, sales isn't the only thing that measure success when Britney has 9 vs Beyoncé 6 (or in 00s 6 vs 3 albums) unless you insist to include DC. Furthermore, during the peak of album sales Beyoncé did not exist again unless you wanted to include DC but y'all wouldn't want that because B would ranked higher in that case. 

Beyoncé is bigger in Forbes, Awards, Acclaim, Singles (digital downloads/ringtones/airplay), Streams (Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, JOOX, Melon), Touring, Movie Roles, Business Ventures, Social Media etc. 

You're extremely defensive for no damn reason though, especially when I specifically mentioned that Beyoncé outdone Britney in the 10s. 

My statement only remains and applies to the 00's decade.

CSPC is a formula that combines all the things you've mentioned:

Studio Album: sales of the original album

Other LPs: sales of compilations generated thanks to the album

Physical Singles: sales of physical singles from the album 

Digital Singles: sales of digital singles from the album 

Streaming: equivalent album sales of all the album tracks

And...

11. Beyoncé (85,950,000)

I'm not trying to go back and forth with you, but perhaps Britney isn't as behind as you claim. :michael:

53 minutes ago, Robyn. said:

You're extremely defensive for no damn reason though, especially when I specifically mentioned that Beyoncé outdone Britney in the 10s. 

My statement only remains and applies to the 00's decade.

CSPC is a formula that combines all the things you've mentioned:

Studio Album: sales of the original album

Other LPs: sales of compilations generated thanks to the album

Physical Singles: sales of physical singles from the album 

Digital Singles: sales of digital singles from the album 

Streaming: equivalent album sales of all the album tracks

And...

11. Beyoncé (85,950,000)

I'm not trying to go back and forth with you, but perhaps Britney isn't as behind as you claim. :michael:

You're talking about 00s and mentioning CSPC that includes overall career sales? 

I didn't say she's a flop nor that she's behind in sales; I simply said Beyoncé was bigger due to sales, acclaim, touring even at the beginning of her career in the 00s; something Billboard declared themselves. 

8 minutes ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

You're talking about 00s and mentioning CSPC that includes overall career sales? 

I didn't say she's a flop nor that she's behind in sales; I simply said Beyoncé was bigger due to sales, acclaim, touring even at the beginning of her career in the 00s; something Billboard declared themselves. 

Because most of Britney's sales come from the 00's anyways :rip: 

You think those numbers come from Britney Jean or Glory? Either way the thread explicitely says "bigger" so it's not unfair to post overall career sales.

1 hour ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

Please learn how to read. 

Besides sales, the Beyhives are posting her GRAMMYS, touring, acclaim, movies, and performing with legendary artists and portraying legendary artist along with performing at the SUPERBOWL, Inauguration and Oscar awards. 

We also posted the Hot 100 and Year end Chart ranks in our arguments besides clinging solely to BB200 and album sales. 

Nobody cares about papa Knowles' bought grammys, Brit performed with MJ and Madonna, that's pop royalty right there 

whitney-houston-yeah.gif

Just now, brazil said:

Nobody cares about papa Knowles' bought grammys

Yes you do, you want to make them not matter because Britney barely has any. They will always matter more than Britney's VMAs that's for sure 

1 minute ago, Girls5eva said:

Yes you do, you want to make them not matter because Britney barely has any. They will always matter more than Britney's VMAs that's for sure 

I have never even watched a Grammy ceremony, clearly I don't care despite what your comment says

whitney-houston-yeah.gif

Edited by brazil

3 hours ago, brainmaniac said:

So you’re not just delusional but bird-brained too :gaycat6:  This was about their regular studio albums between 1999-2003 and for the 2nd time in a row, you can’t even remember that your fave released a regular studio album in 2003 with In The Zone :lmao:(Plus, Stripped was released in 2002, not 2003 and MkoC was released in 2000, not 2001).

Bottomline, between 1999-2003, Britney released 4 regular studio albums, while Christina released 2 regular studio albums and no amount of you bringing up Mi Reflejo or LM is going to change that :rip:

Eminem did have a crush on Christina. He talked many times about how he found her attractive and even said he wanted to take her home at the Europe VMAs. And spreading false rumors about who slept with who is what is literally high school behavior. Talking about wanting to kill the new artists from 1999 & calling them garbage is clearly something else :dies:

Judging from what Timbaland and Lil Kim among others have said, it’s clear Britney is leagues beneath them when it comes to good manners. 

Anyway, @Mystic Boy is right about you trying to deflect the topic away from Beyoncé and Britney :lmao:Like he correctly pointed out, Britney made poor decisions that helped ruin her own image that don’t make her exempt from a comparison to Beyonce. 

1. Me: 

Xtina released more often than Britney from 98-03

You: but sTuDiO oNly!1 why? Only because you say so? Because she recorded MR + MKoC in the kitchen? Because those don’t count towards her record sales? Spanish singles don’t count? the xenophobia. Fact is from 98-03 the vma kiss xtina released more than Britney. ITZ wasn’t out during the vma kiss. 

2. not you fuming and pasting your previous post because you have no argument :deadbanana: ok, you’ve convinced me! Calling someone garbage and then kissing her notebook (where you wrote your next smash classic) on national tv is sooo much worse than sIut shaming and dissing at the vmas.

me deflecting when this is what I quoted:

10 hours ago, brainmaniac said:

They did not lol. Xtina never had people against her the way Britney had people against her back then 

i had already concluded with other hive members in the previous page bey has not surpassed brit and that there’s not fair comparison. Of course you don’t pretend not to see what doesn’t help your deluded narrative and using a member who has been on this site since the last time xtina was relevant. (Or wasn’t really since they cut her kiss).

in conclusion, bey never surprised brit but they’re both in the legends club xtina couldn’t get into 

6 hours ago, Robyn. said:

Ddddd y'all still here 

11. Beyoncé (85,950,000)

this lmao. Britney was THE biggest female artist of the 2000s.

Never. Britney never relied on a group. 

What are Beyonce's hits anyways? Halo? And crazy in love? Britney has way more

Britney's catalogue is far more successful . Beyonce just has a much better reputation and respect. 

1 hour ago, Chris▲ said:

this lmao. Britney was THE biggest female artist of the 2000s.

Billboard says you’re lying.

Obviously Sasha Fierce, c'mon!

20 minutes ago, TouchinFree said:

Never. Britney never relied on a group. 

Britney's catalogue is far more successful . Beyonce just has a much better reputation and respect. 

What does "relying" on a group have to do with anything and how did the lead singer and creative force of the group in question rely on the group for her success?

46 minutes ago, TouchinFree said:

WTF   

3 hours ago, dirrtydiana said:

1. Me: 

You: but sTuDiO oNly!1 why? Only because you say so? Because she recorded MR + MKoC in the kitchen? Because those don’t count towards her record sales? Spanish singles don’t count? the xenophobia. Fact is from 98-03 the vma kiss xtina released more than Britney. ITZ wasn’t out during the vma kiss. 

2. not you fuming and pasting your previous post because you have no argument :deadbanana: ok, you’ve convinced me! Calling someone garbage and then kissing her notebook (where you wrote your next smash classic) on national tv is sooo much worse than sIut shaming and dissing at the vmas.

me deflecting when this is what I quoted:

i had already concluded with other hive members in the previous page bey has not surpassed brit and that there’s not fair comparison. Of course you don’t pretend not to see what doesn’t help your deluded narrative and using a member who has been on this site since the last time xtina was relevant. (Or wasn’t really since they cut her kiss).

in conclusion, bey never surprised brit but they’re both in the legends club xtina couldn’t get into 

Clearly, the topic was about studio albums because that is what leads to overexposure, which is what this particular aspect of the topic was about in reference to people becoming sick of Britney especially in regards to her releasing 4 albums between 1999-2003

The delusional backtracking :lmao:Nope, you specifically said albums from 1999-2003, not albums from 1999-2003 before the VMA kiss :lmao: Not to mention this specific aspect that people were comparing was about comparing Dangerously In Love to In The Zone so obviously In The Zone is included :lmao:There’s no sensical reason to even bring up The VMA kiss as some arbitrary cutoff to not count In The Zone, but of course sense is not something you have much of  :deadbanana2:

Glad, I could convince you :gaycat2: As if Eminem kissing a notebook, suddenly cancels out him calling Britney garbage  :rip:

Beyoncé passed Britney long ago fair and square, and you’re looking desperate and delusional as usual, trying to point out that Beyoncé member for how long he’s been here, as if you haven’t been here a long time yourself, when you proudly bragged about being here for 10 years :lmao:

Edited by brainmaniac

Beyonce was always bigger, and the most impressive she got that with talent and zero scandals.

A pure legend

24 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

Clearly, the topic was about studio albums because that is what leads to overexposure, which is what this particular aspect of the topic was about in reference to people becoming sick of Britney especially in regards to her releasing 4 albums between 1999-2003

The delusional backtracking :lmao:Nope, you specifically said albums from 1999-2003, not albums from 1999-2003 before the VMA kiss :lmao: Not to mention this specific aspect that people were comparing was about comparing Dangerously In Love to In The Zone so obviously In The Zone is included :lmao:There’s no sensical reason to even bring up The VMA kiss as some arbitrary cutoff to not count In The Zone, but of course sense is not something you have much of  :deadbanana2:

Glad, I could convince you :gaycat2: As if Eminem kissing a notebook, suddenly cancels out him calling Britney garbage  :rip:

Beyoncé passed Britney long ago fair and square, and you’re looking desperate and delusional as usual, trying to point out that Beyoncé member for how long he’s been here, as if you haven’t been here a long time yourself, when you proudly bragged about being here for 10 years :lmao:

the cut off is the kiss as that’s when the last single from stripped dropped and months before itz 

are you new to pop music? singles and videos are what give exposure. Let’s see:

bomt, sometimes, crazy, btmyh, oops, lucky, stronger, dlmetltk, my only wish, slave, overprotected, not a girl, boys

reflection, genie, i turn to you, what a girl wants (og), what a girl wants (remix), come on over (album version), come on over (radio remix), mi reflejo, genio, ven conmigo, pero me acuerdo de ti, the Xmas song, lady marmalade, no body wants to be lonely, dirrty(diana), beautiful, fighter, the voice within, can’t hold us, and probably more I forgot :deadbanana:

imagine Britney’s sales if she had been constantly releasing like x? An Xmas album in 2000, taken Ricky martins duet, a Spanish album and a movie soundtrack for crossroads, oof

I’ve been here 9 years. They’ve been here almost 20. You’re not very good at reading or math cuz I wasn’t showing off. I was saying I have 9k posts because I’ve been here 9 yrs :gaycat6:

Beyoncé loves Britney but hates legend x ? 

Edited by dirrtydiana

1 hour ago, ExHuman said:

Beyonce was always bigger, and the most impressive she got that with talent and zero scandals.

A pure legend

facts

POP!'s Top 63 JANET JACKSON Songs | Moopy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.