• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Olhiver

• Bentley

• More Than A Melody

• Icarus

7 hours ago, Josh said:

She has to learn how to sing herself first. 

But Camilla almost won X-Factor with 5H. You may not think she has the best voice, but she clearly has some ground to judge vocals & is definitely more qualified than some other previous reality singing judges.

3 hours ago, Misguided Ghost said:

Her doing it so early into her career is a choice

Most judges do it after being around for 10 years though and Camilla has been around for about 10 years now. Ariana Grande and her both came out at the same time and even Ariana did it before her. Miley Cyrus also did it at about the 10 year mark in her career too. Even Demi Lovato did X-Factor it earlier at around 5 years into her career. So if anything Camilla is doing it right on time. 

Edited by brainmaniac

7 hours ago, Both Sides Now said:

It’s her mission to discover another Morgan Wallen :clap3:

:deadbanana4:

Kelly left the show? ? Well I guess she’s busy enough with her talk show. 

Good for Camila but I feel like this will be a catastrophe, just like when Ariana was there. Three “old” people and one very young. Zero chemistry. 

6 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

This show has produced exactly zero big artists why is it still around?

Ratings. 

The kii if she critiques a contestant and they fire back by bringing up her struggle vocals or abysmal album sales :dies: 

Karla getting her coins.

7 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Ratings. 

Well, yeah, I'm more wondering what's in it for the contestants. Why subject yourself to all that when there's literally nothing to be gained from it? Like, sure, they get paid to participate, but some of the contestants are legitimately good singers. I wouldn't audition out of fear of jinxing my own career considering their track record :rip: 

39 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

But Camilla almost won X-Factor with 5H. You may not think she has the best voice, but she clearly has some ground to judge vocals & is definitely more qualified than some other previous reality singing judges.

Most judges do it after being around for 10 years though and Camilla has been around for about 10 years now. Ariana Grande and her both came out at the same time and even Ariana did it before her. Miley Cyrus also did it at about the 10 year mark in her career too. Even Demi Lovato did X-Factor it earlier at around 5 years into her career. So if anything Camilla is doing it right on time. 

The mental gymnastics :rip: Ariana obviously did it because she couldn't tour because of COVID, and considering she said she hasn't even started her new album yet, she's probably burned out creatively. It was a good way to stay in one place for a significant amount of time, get paid, and fill a space she would've had empty anyway.

Demi and Miley were both in steep decline when they took the gig. Miley is slowly climbing back, Demi is on their way to "has been" at this point.

Camila just released an album and the pandemic is not a threat for tours anymore. She and her team clearly know that the era is over and she can't really make money off singles or a tour. Hell, she's probably not even making money off merch. This cements the notion that her career is obliterated, with one last hurrah thanks to Ed Sheeran. Maybe she'll recover just like Miley managed to, but if we're honest, she has a lot less resources than Miley (who can act, is charismatic, is liked, has fans, and can actually sing!)

Good choice on her end. 

She’s not doing terrible for herself but I’m sure this will be a nice payday for her. Cash in now girl while your name still has some weight. 

8 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

The mental gymnastics :rip: Ariana obviously did it because she couldn't tour because of COVID, and considering she said she hasn't even started her new album yet, she's probably burned out creatively. It was a good way to stay in one place for a significant amount of time, get paid, and fill a space she would've had empty anyway.

Demi and Miley were both in steep decline when they took the gig. Miley is slowly climbing back, Demi is on their way to "has been" at this point.

Camila just released an album and the pandemic is not a threat for tours anymore. She and her team clearly know that the era is over and she can't really make money off singles or a tour. Hell, she's probably not even making money off merch. This cements the notion that her career is obliterated, with one last hurrah thanks to Ed Sheeran. Maybe she'll recover just like Miley managed to, but if we're honest, she has a lot less resources than Miley (who can act, is charismatic, is liked, has fans, and can actually sing!)

A good summary on the entire mid-to-late 2000s Disney girl wave :coffee2: Imho.

:skull: I can’t wait for the clips on Twitter once it airs

4 hours ago, MaxxiPad said:

Wait a minute this tracks :deadbanana:

- The Kardashians being a massive hit on the Lakota Reservation :deadbanana4:

- Teen Mom and 16 & Pregnant living up to the stereotype and being most popular in Appalachia :deadvision:

- NOT Once Upon a Time and So You Think You Can Dance being a hit with the Mormons :deadbanana2:

makes me think of Jennifer and and Derek Hough  :deadbanana4:

This article is incredible :skull: 

Just now, More Than A Melody said:

The mental gymnastics saying Ariana only did The Voice because of COVID :dies: along with those other excuses. It’s not like Ariana resumed touring now like Dua Lipa and Gaga plan to. 

Demi wasn’t on a decline either and actually became way bigger after the show. She wasn’t even that known outside the Disney audience before that and didn’t have any real hits before X-Factor 

The Voice pays big so if that works out better financially right now, then what’s the issue? People don’t do these shows in their prime, but you can’t make exceptions and say that the stigma applies only to some, because even if it’s not apparent at the time, the decline isn’t usually far behind.

It’s just like how people thought Katy Perry was too big when she signed on American Idol, but her album performance right afterwards indicated she had signed on time before her value dropped.

Only atrl would try to make a near 10 million dollar gig sound like a flop. 

like this is a sign she is in some kind of bad way. 

I will say it again the more you have to down play and justify thease things as bad the harder you make it for others. 

This is a great next step since her career is going downhill. Maybe her careeer wasn’t a huge success but I’m happy that she had a career at all even though short lived. 2 monster hits, 2 moderate hits and a coach on the Voice

Well maybe Epic will tell her to refund what they lose with all the promo she did for her last two albums because they were abysmal flops besides being promoted to hell now that she signed a huge contract with a flop show :skull:

Edited by Julia Fox

They probably judged she could make more $$$ from this than a tour and this would also give her big exposure. Shakira did the same thing instead of touring her 2014 album.

Maybe Camila’s career from now on will be acting roles in Lin Manuel Miranda and the like productions, Latin-flavoured collab singles, tv judge talent show, and endorsements. She could probably pull very decent money this way. Not everyone is meant to do the album and tour cycle. For one, the former route is cheaper for her and less risky. 

2 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

The mental gymnastics saying Ariana only did The Voice because of COVID :dies: along with those other excuses. It’s not like Ariana resumed touring now like Dua Lipa and Gaga plan to. 

Demi wasn’t on a decline either and actually became way bigger after the show. She wasn’t even that known outside the Disney audience before that and didn’t have any real hits before X-Factor 

The Voice pays big so if that works out better financially right now, then what’s the issue? People don’t do these shows in their prime, but you can’t make exceptions and say that the stigma applies only to some, because even if it’s not apparent at the time, the decline isn’t usually far behind.

It’s just like how people thought Katy Perry was too big when she signed on American Idol, but her album performance right afterwards indicated she had signed on time before her value dropped.

How would Demi being a nobody help your case, when you initially cited it "made sense because it's been 10 years of career" I don't recall Demi Lovato's musical career in 2002... unless you're somehow trying to shoehorn their brief stint in Barney & Friends when they were 9???

I never said there were exceptions... except for Ariana. Ariana literally just had a hit single with The Weeknd with Save Your Tears, and she was one of the main reasons that song took off. Positions didn't smash but it did well, and she could 100% tour if she wanted to, but she famously hates touring and the era is long over... Dua's era was extremely long and Gaga famously tours a lot. If you think Camila, who's literally opening for Coldplay right now, could tour, then :biblio: Ariana and Camila couldn't be in more different circumstances if they tried.

I literally said in my post that Miley and Demi weren't in their prime when they judged. I also don't recall anyone thinking Katy was in her prime either. The Voice may pay well but it doesn't pay anywhere near what a successful career, touring, putting out music, and performing pays, otherwise a ton of other artists would be doing that instead.

Get that check CAMILA! This year FAMILIA, Victoria Secret fragrance ads, and now THE VOICE!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.