Camila Cabello joins The Voice as new Judge

TalkThatRihanna

so this panel consists of Gwen, Blake and camila… I can already see their teams…

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Olhiver

• Bentley

• More Than A Melody

• Icarus

1 minute ago, bad guy said:

Going into her full Meghan Trainor career trajectory before retirement :clap3:

the-four-battle-for-stardom-fox-canceled

whats that :ahh:

Unknown User
13 minutes ago, bad guy said:

Going into her full Meghan Trainor career trajectory before retirement :clap3:

the-four-battle-for-stardom-fox-canceled

Christmas album and podcast is next omg

cover2-1.thumb.jpg.a331519338f3f2e5e0bf1

Seriously...what a downgrade.

10 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

i mean, miley nick and ariana are also 90s born judges.

she has more #1 hits than nick to justify her placement.

so is she same level with ariana and miley 

32 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

uhmm Ariana is still one of the best tier mpg so what flop? :biblio:

They said Ariana flopped on the show. She got no acts into the final and let’s be honest, she wasn’t so compelling in the personality department. 

9 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

Was this supposed to be a compelling argument for her because... :deadbanana4:

This is an actual good cover of Listen

Camila has a tinny voice, zero breath control, and is all over the place in terms of pitch

And still more successful than the mix girl for the voice show

:skull:

Camila breath control is miles better than the half of the industry stfu.

You can be mad af

Camila will have the money in her pocket

deal with that

Spoiler

She won

the downgrade from Ari

1 hour ago, brainmaniac said:

People were definitely confused when Katy announced and shocked she was doing Idol. Katy was announced as a judge for American Idol on May 16, 2017. Witness came out a month later. Of course, the auditions are filmed before the live shows and that’s why it didn’t air until 2018

https://variety.com/2017/music/news/katy-perry-joins-american-idol-1202429452/

I already said people don’t do these shows unless they’ve declined in some fashion and that applies to basically every judge ever on The Voice and you’ve even admitted Ariana declined in her own way with Positions too. Touring is not the end all be all. You said Camila’s team accepted it..but what do you expect them to do? Force her to tour? If The Voice is a better and more profitable fit for her now, then I don’t see the issue. 

Plus, Bam Bam is still a current single and it’s not over yet, so it’s not like she threw in the towel already for the era. Just like how Katy taped the audition rounds long before they aired, the same would happen for The Voice

How am I rewriting history? I didn’t say that the remix didn’t help the song go to #1 on The Hot 100, but you said that Ariana was one of the reasons why the song took off and like I said, that’s not true at all. 

Like I said, Save Your Tears was already #1 on Pop radio and #4 on The Hot 100, so the song was already a huge hit, so no, Ariana was not one of the reasons why the song took off because it already had taken off. She just hopped on a remix last minute. The song would have been a huge hit regardless. 

https://pulsemusic.proboards.com/post/7861398/thread

(The song hitting #1 on Pop radio before the remix was released)

…. The article you’re linking from Variety proves my point that Katy was already over. She’d already released Chained To The Rhythm and Bon Appetit when she was announced. The first one to mild/bad results, the second one was a literal disaster. No one was confused because we all realized she was done by then. Witness cemented what everyone with eyes had already accepted at that point. You claimed that when she signed she came from the success of Road and Dark Horse, which actually happened years earlier. That’s just not the case at all. I didn’t have an account on ATRL back then and all the old threads are gone anyway, but I remember vividly that the reaction was “oh yeah she’s over” not “omg Katy why?” Which… is what I’m getting at.

I didn’t admit anything about Ariana and Positions. You’re very frustrating constantly putting words in my mouth. I think Ariana had a massive peak with TUN that she might replicate or not, but that it’s hard to maintain for long stretches, but she isn’t any lower than when she released, for instance, Sweetener, or Dangerous Woman.

Ariana’s next lead single, if released now, would probably debut at #1. Her album would probably debut at #1. She would sell out an arena tour. Camila’s album can aspire to debut top ten during weeks where the #1 is doing 50k. They’re incomparable in terms of how low their careers are.

Katy, Christina, Demi, Miley, Britney, Gwen, none of them were in a position where they could have a #1 single album and sold out tour. That’s why Ariana is an exception. I don’t understand why it’s so hard for you to understand this concept.

My only point was that acting like getting The Voice for Camila is a good thing is being obtuse, because like with Katy, it simply cements the idea that she and her team know her career as a profitable musician and artist is more than likely over. She can try to recover later, and by some miracle she might get it like Miley is (slowly, painfully slowly) doing it right now, but she lacks a lot of tools that Miley has. That is all. I don’t understand how anyone can look at the situation and argue this point.

Yes, she’s getting coins. An amount of money none of us will see in our lifetime. But she’s 25 and it’s gotta be f*cking devastating to realize the career you dreamed of is most likely over despite the tremendous effort she and her entire team did to avoid it.

And as for SYT, at this point you’re arguing semantics. Ariana’s boost was what made the song go #1. Billboard literally said so. 100 points is not close, so idk what you were trying to prove with that. 100 points for TOTC is actually 1,000 they shorten the numbers to make them easier to understand. 1,000 points is a lot… it’s millions of streams/audience on radio and thousands of sales. Their performance together went viral as well. SYT likely wouldn’t have hit #1 without Ariana’s version and that’s all I meant to say.

The fact that I don’t even stan any of the artists in this whole argument. Why am I even bothering?

She's booked and busy and paid. She stays winning :gaycat4:

and not at that user obsessed with her and pulling articles and tweets and numbers.. I would never put so much effort searching info about someone I hate or even a singer I love. they know more about camila than me :ahh:

4 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

It simply cements the idea that she and her team know her career as a profitable musician and artist is more than likely over.

Not this after a giant essay about how it didn’t affect Ariana’s career :rip:  what nonsense.

Following a gig Miley and Ariana have done is great for Camila. We all know it.

I appreciate you taking time out from writing essays about Taylor Swift to write one about Camila Cabello though :clap3:

A joke.

24 minutes ago, Olhiver said:

And still more successful than the mix girl for the voice show

:skull:

Camila breath control is miles better than the half of the industry stfu.

We were discussing her voice and the fact that she can’t sing. Camila is outsold by hundreds of artists who can also sing so idk what point you were trying to make with that comment. 

Camila is notable for having terrible breath control. It’s one of the reasons she’s so pitchy.

3 minutes ago, Icarus said:

Not this after a giant essay about how it didn’t affect Ariana’s career :rip:  what nonsense.

Following a gig Miley and Ariana have done is great for Camila. We all know it.

I appreciate you taking time out from writing essays about Taylor Swift to write one about Camila Cabello though :clap3:

One chose to do it because the world was in the middle of a pandemic. The other has to do it because her career is over.

Is thar succinct enough for you?

13 hours ago, Both Sides Now said:

It’s her mission to discover another Morgan Wallen :clap3:

shlkjhflkjhfdf :bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:

Just now, More Than A Melody said:

One chose to do it because the world was in the middle of a pandemic. The other has to do it because her career is over.

Is thar succinct enough for you?

You are not going to convince anyone that The Voice was a good gig for Ariana, but a bad one for Camila :rip: you just look angry

She's getting her coin, but this is so unexciting as a fan :gaycat6:

This is a mess for a number of reasons. Let’s see if she beats Ariana’s or Miley’s ratings. :giraffe:

11 minutes ago, Icarus said:

You are not going to convince anyone that The Voice was a good gig for Ariana, but a bad one for Camila :rip: you just look angry

It wasn’t a good gig for Ariana and I didn’t say that :rip: 

But Ariana’s career is still fine, while Camila’s, we’ll… look around

Honestly this is kind of impressive. The Voice is one of the top gigs for this type of show and usually all the judges they've had are household names. Her team really is excellent at booking her for things. I am convinced they are using the "she's one of the biggest young Latina celebs and will help your TV show/playlist/podcast/YouTube show/award show/etc get a foothold with the young Latina demographic, which is the fastest growing demographic in the USA" angle. She really has very little competition there since Shakira is over doing those kinds of shows, Rosalia and Karol G are too unknown to the American masses, and Becky G missed her shot around the time of "Shower"/Power Rangers and is now not mainstream enough.

12 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

Ariana very obviously did it in lieu of touring for Positions and considering the Wicked announcement, seems bent on branching out of the album-tour cycle pop stars are stuck in. Camila also had a film role recently so she may be angling for the same. She was networking with Lin Manuel Miranda recently and he said he wanted to cast her in something. Camila and her team have shown they are very shrewd, I wouldn't underestimate her.

14 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

And randomly comparing Camila to Ariana isn’t going to change the fact that this was a good decision for Camila and she remains booked and busy. Have a good day

8 minutes ago, Icarus said:

And randomly comparing Camila to Ariana isn’t going to change the fact that this was a good decision for Camila and she remains booked and busy. Have a good day

:clap3:

can't wait for gwen and camila doing bam bam. :duca:

it is interesting that Camila has a song on her new album called No Doubt. now she will be on The Voice with Gwen from a group called No Doubt. they could collab on that .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.