05/16 | Katy Perry Remains Relatively Stable On Spotify; Lady Gaga Tumbles.

GoodGuyGoneGhetto

13 hours ago, Fnooky said:

nnn y’all clocked that user so hard they hid some of their posts, so they don’t appear as the top poster anymore :bibliahh: it shows they have 10 posts right now but it was more earlier

YfAAEWS.png

vnXSXpz.png

NOT THE RECEIPTS :bibliahh::bibliahh:

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• D02

• Bears01

• lg6chromatica

• Chika

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, BnPac said:

Streaming is a singles' game. Katy probably has more hit singles. 

It does not show anything else. 

Not when now, more then ever, singles simply don’t matter since the public has the freedom to stream every song on an album. 

Erm, last I checked not only is Gaga one of the top ten most-streamed female artists, 'Shallow' is one of the most-streamed songs of all time. Katy's never going to have another hit song so I think Gaga will be okay with this comparison. :ahh:

If my fave's career was reliant on 10-year-old songs being streamed on Spotify, I'd be embarrassed. But I guess that's what certain popstars have to rely on when their only other career path is reality TV show judge. :jonny: 

We can revisit this thread next year when Gaga is in contention for another Oscar.

4 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

Erm, last I checked not only is Gaga one of the top ten most-streamed female artists, 'Shallow' is one of the most-streamed songs of all time. Katy's never going to have another hit song so I think Gaga will be okay with this comparison. :ahh:

If my fave's career was reliant on 10-year-old songs being streamed on Spotify, I'd be embarrassed. But I guess that's what certain popstars have to rely on when their only other career path is reality TV show judge. :jonny: 

We can revisit this thread next year when Gaga is in contention for another Oscar.

Not the meltdown 17HSMdI.gif Katy has you this furious huh 17HSMdI.gif

The incessant need to deflect to anything other than music consumption which is what this thread is about is kind of corny. Also, her stans were pretty sure she would get nominated this year but the Academy said NO to her dracula accent and promo trail ridiculousness. I would try to humble myself to avoid the embarrassment of a repeat next year, especially since the song doesn't seem to be becoming the commercial juggernaut you expected.

Edited by Jay07

11 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

The incessant need to deflect to anything other than music consumption which is what this thread is about is kind of corny. Also, her stans were pretty sure she would get nominated this year but the Academy said NO to her dracula accent and promo trail ridiculousness. I would try to humble myself to avoid a repeat next year, especially since the song doesn't seem to be becoming the commercial juggernaut you expected.

:bibliahh: 

28 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

Y'all never learn 17HSMdI.gif

1 hour ago, Bang Up said:

You can really feel the suffering :deadbanana2:

4 hours ago, Just Feel It said:

1. Because she's the main protagonist in her movie :deadbanana4:? The entire premise of "A Star Is Born" revolves around her character "Ally", so of course Bradley's solo singles will accumulate less streams than Gaga's. Also considering Ally has roughly 8 solo songs on the soundtrack vs Jackson's 5 :rip:. However, did any of her solo sings from that soundtrack crack the top 40 on the Hot 100? Only the duet managed to peak at #1 and it was only because of that shameless "BradleyGa" faux PR'd relationship stunt she pulled at the Oscars. And which her fans were aggressively pushing & promoting on social media :rip:.

2. Bang Bang, Break Free, Problem, Side To Side are all notable well known Ariana collabs that are still remembered to this day. Rain on ME! is not in the same league as these, it is more comparable wth Stuck With U; a fraudulent Ariana collab released the same year. Both went #1 and both are forgagatten unfortunately :michael:

3. A #5 debut than a (-25) freefall second week is nothing to brag about :bibliahh:. Especially if it only spent 10 weeks on the charts, less than Never Really Over by Miss Katheryn Hudsen. 

The deflection in this thread is insane. The way they cling onto these "awards" and accolades as if that has anything to do with relevance and Spotify strihms.

ipsGZBz.gif

WgFrKkq.gif

yes, I’ll Never Love Again, peaked at #36.  Always Remember Us This Way has been streamed more than 700,000,000 times despite a peak of #41. 

please show us how you’re going to jump through loop holes to credit bradley for these two now

WgFrKkq.gif

youkneekorn

Both are out of the top 40 so bragging about these positions is like bragging about a C+ vs C grade. Regardless, with that grade LBR you are a loser. 

im HOWLING the way they think fadga is going to win an oscar, did you girls forget the public shunning of house of cucci?

youkneekorn
13 minutes ago, ButterflyXIII said:

im HOWLING the way they think fadga is going to win an oscar, did you girls forget the public shunning of house of cucci?

Some Liddos are expecting multiple wins (maybe even 3) at the Oscars next year including best original song, best sound track etc for Gaga. 

These Spotify numbers though clearly prove that the more Gaga moves herself to awards-bait material, the further the GP moves from her. 

Katy's discography is timeless, while the other's is not 

Shallow, PF, BR can only carry so far

2 hours ago, Jay07 said:

The incessant need to deflect to anything other than music consumption which is what this thread is about is kind of corny. Also, her stans were pretty sure she would get nominated this year but the Academy said NO to her dracula accent and promo trail ridiculousness. I would try to humble myself to avoid the embarrassment of a repeat next year, especially since the song doesn't seem to be becoming the commercial juggernaut you expected.

stop :deadbanana4:

Both are doing fine considering the fact they are fads and relics of 2008/9.

3 hours ago, Bang Up said:

17HSMdI.gif

The visceral fuming. 

11 minutes ago, ChandlerBing said:

Both are doing fine considering the fact they are fads and relics of 2008/9.

:cm:

meanwhile gaga continues to schedule concerts in stadiums and katy struggles to fill theaters in vegas

Idk why the Monsters are bringing up awards and other accolades like the achievements are helping her streaming prowess in anyway :skull: You would think because a song was awarded more people would check it because of its accolades but... I guess not! They're both in the 2009/2010 era and that's something everyone will have to eventually accept.

Edited by LustSpell

4 hours ago, PopKills said:

Not when now, more then ever, singles simply don’t matter since the public has the freedom to stream every song on an album. 

Yes but people always revisit the same big songs. Hits are what keep streams up for most artists. 

The comments here are so funny, a very obvious troll thread is made to attack their fave but the monsters can't defend her because they deflect. :rofl:

13 minutes ago, BnPac said:

Yes but people always revisit the same big songs. Hits are what keep streams up for most artists. 

I agree. But hits have always moved units, even in pre-streaming and pre-digital ages. A hit song brought more attention to an artist and their album, although there are some exceptions, it isn't a new thing. So yes, hit songs are very important in the streaming age, but in a way they've always been.

the monsters tried it but it seems once streaming poison always streaming poison

56-DDC5-F6-C7-CE-45-CA-818-B-A271722-F96