Madonna doesnt have a generational hit. Why?

NormaniReign

She doesn’t have one generational hit, because she has several. Just because the tweens on music platforms aren’t streaming, doesn’t mean they’re not recognisable classics. 

I’ll add, that Madonna pushed boundaries of acceptable topics in her music - some of the heavier subject material understandably isn’t going to be on an “essential party classics” playlist, but she does have even those, such as Vogue, 4 Minutes, Hung Up, Sorry. 

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris

• Jay07

• Lover

• #Beautiful

Once again steaming doesn’t equate to what a classic is. Especially when streaming didn’t exist 

47 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

I don't know how you can know I Will Always Love You and Emotions and not know Like a Prayer, Vogue or even Music.

Emotions? That’s not even in Mariah’s Top 5 most remembered hits lol

4 minutes ago, MALAMENTE said:

Emotions? That’s not even in Mariah’s Top 5 most remembered hits lol

The OP mentioned it as a generational hit or whatever.

tbh I never knew any of her songs before atrl

the only song i knew was girl gone wild because it was in a random youtube video

You made up a word just to discredit her and even if it’s a thing, then you picked the wrong person to downplay.

2 minutes ago, Luckitty said:

tbh I never knew any of her songs before atrl

the only song i knew was girl gone wild because it was in a random youtube video

admitting not knowing anything related to pop culture on a pop culture forum is such a brave move. :clap3:

OT

:clown:

Madge has too many, that's why we can't just name one. but if we have to then it's LAP 

1 hour ago, Sempiternal said:

maybe that's a good thing, songs that are listed in the OP are awful and can never get away from them! its like please stay in the past :chick3:

the utter lack of taste :deadbanana4:

the op serving

That Sign Can't Stop Me Because I Can't Read | Know Your Meme

:juanny:

Like a Prayer, Vogue and Express Yourself definitely qualify...

13 minutes ago, Lover said:

admitting not knowing anything related to pop culture on a pop culture forum is such a brave move. :clap3:

OT

:clown:

not everyone here is ancient :thing:

4 minutes ago, Luckitty said:

It's more about being cultured. 

6 minutes ago, Luckitty said:

Being on a pop culture without knowing the Queen of Pop is not the flex you think it is. Youtube is literally one click away.

4 minutes ago, pisuke said:

It's more about being cultured. 

what culture? :thing: is madonna a culture?

4 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Being on a pop culture without knowing the Queen of Pop is not the flex you think it is. Youtube is literally one click away.

maybe learn how to read because i clearly said i didn't know her songs before being on this forum 

also no one cares about ancient songs from the 80s, no one is obligated to listen to them

LAP is not Madonna’s generational hit… play it to any 14 y/o and they wouldn’t recognise it. I think Like A Virgin, Vogue & Hung Up are probably her most widely known hits.

I didn’t know any Madonna songs growing up until I discovered her music for myself. I knew of her, because of 4 minutes & Hung Up, but I just didn’t know any of her music too well. 

Try again.

1 hour ago, allforyou said:

Like a Virgin? Papa Don't Preach? La Isla Bonita? Like a Prayer? Vogue? Music? Hung Up?

All of these are classics that almost everybody knows :deadbanana2:

Ignore the troll everyone knows her classics

Literally everyone knows Material Girl :bibliahh: 

It has 300m Spotify streams and still gains 300k+ in daily streams. Almost 40 years after being released. :rip: It was only uploaded in 2018 on YT and it already has 110m views and 1M + likes. 

1 hour ago, allforyou said:

Like a Virgin? Papa Don't Preach? La Isla Bonita? Like a Prayer? Vogue? Music? Hung Up?

All of these are classics that almost everybody knows :deadbanana2:

right :rip:

3 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Literally everyone knows Material Girl :bibliahh: 

It has 300m Spotify streams and still gains 300k+ in daily streams. Almost 40 years after being released. :rip: It was only uploaded in 2018 on YT and it already has 110m views and 1M + likes. 

:clap3:Streaming elixir me thinks

58 minutes ago, Mercurio said:

LAP is not Madonna’s generational hit… play it to any 14 y/o and they wouldn’t recognise it. I think Like A Virgin, Vogue & Hung Up are probably her most widely known hits.

I didn’t know any Madonna songs growing up until I discovered her music for myself. I knew of her, because of 4 minutes & Hung Up, but I just didn’t know any of her music too well. 

this

even Material Girl is a gen hit

2 hours ago, NormaniReign said:

You wont believe me when I tell you i didnt know a single song by her until I got here:rip:

you being ignorant doesn’t mean Madonna’s music isn’t remembered :rip:

The backfire. :deadbanana2: Like a Prayer, Like a Virgin, Vogue, and Material Girl. Case closed.

Edited by The7thStranger

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.