Golden Hit: Season 1 📀 Congrats to 8thPrince and Jackson!! 🏆🏆

fountain

unknown.png

Hey, Hitmakers! Less than two days remain on the countdown clock for Round 5's Judge's Choice challenge. Whose challenge will you choose?

If you've only just discovered Golden Hit or simply didn't wish to participate in other rounds, fear not: sign-ups are still open—just submit!

With that, it's time to present the top three of last round's Queer Pride challenge with their bonus prizes: the Hit Tokens!

I've been in contact with our trio of top writers for the week, and done my best to grant their requests for embossment.

:matty:

Celebrating a third place triumph with “In The Closet”:

unknown.png

Here is your Bronze Hit Token embossed with your ATRL username and LGBT legend George Michael. :3rdplace:

Celebrating a tied first place finish with “Reykjavik”:

unknown.png

Here is your third Golden Hit Token embossed with your ATRL username and Ur So Gay chanteuse Katy Perry. :1stplace:

Also celebrating a first place finish with “When Tradition Falls”:

unknown.png

Here is your Golden Hit Token embossed with your ATRL username and current gay icon Dua Lipa. :1stplace:

I hope you all enjoy your Hit Tokens as much as I did making them! Feel free to use them as a forum avatar if you wish, or just let them be a reminder of your time in Golden Hit—ultimately the choice is yours, and if for whatever reason you are dissatisfied with your token or simply wish to change the embossed graphic/text please contact me and I can arrange a remake. Remember, the top three writers of each round will earn their own Hit Token just like the three above, so make sure to submit each week for the best chance to claim one of these bonus prizes. :lee:

unknown.png

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Remmy

• Hanami-Blossom

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good!

20 minutes ago, Legend E said:

I have a question. So, for instance, if I went for the culture choice, would you find a story about some things that happen at the countryside of my country okay for this choice (it wouldn't be personal in the sense that I grew up in the city, but of course, I am aware of some of these things and they are still part of my country's culture, and you can see hints of it in the city)? 

If you don't find that personal enough, would a criticism about my capital city (so similar to LDN, as I saw Lily Allen was given as an example earlier) be good? But then again, I feel I might delve into too many subtopics while sticking to only one may be boring and repetitive.

Both sound like good interpretations to me, as long as it is “personal” in the sense that it relates to the country you are from, then I’d be happy with it! It doesn’t necessarily have to be something you have experienced, but rather something that your personal perspective can offer as somebody from that country, something others may not be aware of or have as much knowledge of being from somewhere else. 

24 minutes ago, Legend E said:

Also, if I go for the history one, what do we define a history event? Because it could be wars, yes, but it could also be different eras and so on, so I am not sure.

@Element :chick2:

23 minutes ago, Aurora said:

unknown.png

Hey, Hitmakers! Less than two days remain on the countdown clock for Round 5's Judge's Choice challenge. Whose challenge will you choose?

If you've only just discovered Golden Hit or simply didn't wish to participate in other rounds, fear not: sign-ups are still open—just submit!

With that, it's time to present the top three of last round's Queer Pride challenge with their bonus prizes: the Hit Tokens!

I've been in contact with our trio of top writers for the week, and done my best to grant their requests for embossment.

:matty:

Celebrating a third place triumph with “In The Closet”:

unknown.png

Here is your Bronze Hit Token embossed with your ATRL username and LGBT legend George Michael. :3rdplace:

Celebrating a tied first place finish with “Reykjavik”:

unknown.png

Here is your third Golden Hit Token embossed with your ATRL username and Ur So Gay chanteuse Katy Perry. :1stplace:

Also celebrating a first place finish with “When Tradition Falls”:

unknown.png

Here is your Golden Hit Token embossed with your ATRL username and current gay icon Dua Lipa. :1stplace:

I hope you all enjoy your Hit Tokens as much as I did making them! Feel free to use them as a forum avatar if you wish, or just let them be a reminder of your time in Golden Hit—ultimately the choice is yours, and if for whatever reason you are dissatisfied with your token or simply wish to change the embossed graphic/text please contact me and I can arrange a remake. Remember, the top three writers of each round will earn their own Hit Token just like the three above, so make sure to submit each week for the best chance to claim one of these bonus prizes. :lee:

unknown.png

Looking good everybody :fish1:

• ATRL Moderator
14 minutes ago, fountain said:

Both sound like good interpretations to me, as long as it is “personal” in the sense that it relates to the country you are from, then I’d be happy with it! It doesn’t necessarily have to be something you have experienced, but rather something that your personal perspective can offer as somebody from that country, something others may not be aware of or have as much knowledge of being from somewhere else. 

Oh cute, let me channel my Eastern European floppage then :eli: 

3 hours ago, hurricane326 said:

Ding Ding Ding

Finally lol

I guess it should’ve been obvious with the word Glimmer :rip:

I came up with some lines inspired by the film Atonement yesterday but I don’t really love them. They don’t suit the film. Writing a pop song about a period piece feels weird. 

Also toying with some ~smalltown feels~ ideas for a possible cultural song. Will I serve a “Roots Grow Deeper” companion piece?

IDK. I’m floundering. There are too many options and none of them are really speaking to me yet. 

8 hours ago, fountain said:

Which challenge is this for? :eek:

The historical one. I’ve wrote it from the perspective of a German during WW2, who is against the war and their leaders’ actions, watching them unfold 

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, fountain said:

Can my song be in third person? (I was planning to tell a story about a young girl moving to the city)

22 minutes ago, Legend E said:

Can my song be in third person? (I was planning to tell a story about a young girl moving to the city)

Yeah, any approach like that is fine, just as long as the song includes specific cultural references unique to your country; that’s what I’m looking for mainly :heart: 

41 minutes ago, Better Mistakes said:

The historical one. I’ve wrote it from the perspective of a German during WW2, who is against the war and their leaders’ actions, watching them unfold 

Okay we are truly in your deep era you love to see it :jonny2:

18 minutes ago, fountain said:

Okay we are truly in your deep era you love to see it :jonny2:

YouTubers after my score for this round comes in:

22 minutes ago, Better Mistakes said:

YouTubers after my score for this round comes in:

Or

E7-E64-E5-E-8564-4541-B6-EA-85-DD47-C9-E682.jpg

:eli:

I think I figured out which challenge I'm going to attempt, but trying to put this into words without sounding terrible is going to be difficult :deadbanana: 

• ATRL Moderator
12 hours ago, Legend E said:

I have a question. So, for instance, if I went for the culture choice, would you find a story about some things that happen at the countryside of my country okay for this choice (it wouldn't be personal in the sense that I grew up in the city, but of course, I am aware of some of these things and they are still part of my country's culture, and you can see hints of it in the city)? 

If you don't find that personal enough, would a criticism about my capital city (so similar to LDN, as I saw Lily Allen was given as an example earlier) be good? But then again, I feel I might delve into too many subtopics while sticking to only one may be boring and repetitive.

Also, if I go for the history one, what do we define a history event? Because it could be wars, yes, but it could also be different eras and so on, so I am not sure.

I would say that targeting a specific event rather than an era would be the goal here 

Just wrote and sent my song, it’s total shite and it’s called 27

8 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

Just wrote and sent my song, it’s total shite and it’s called 27

Wrong game for that babe I think you meant to enter ATRL Razzie Contest instead x

47 minutes ago, fountain said:

Wrong game for that babe I think you meant to enter ATRL Razzie Contest instead x

Well let’s see if the judges agree on my appreciation of my song based on the Amy Winehouse's death and the 27 club which I don’t know if it counts as a historical event but well lol 

37 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

Well let’s see if the judges agree on my appreciation of my song based on the Amy Winehouse's death and the 27 club which I don’t know if it counts as a historical event but well lol 

Amy’s death is certainly a historical moment in my life :monkey: this better be respectful sis!…

Just now, fountain said:

Amy’s death is certainly a historical moment in my life :monkey: this better be respectful sis!…

Well I’ll see your reaction when you post ur crits x 

Going to try to start writing my song tonight but I'm so tired :skull: this is why I usually write at 6am

37 minutes ago, hurricane326 said:

amy.png

This joke has actually never been funny and doesn’t even make sense considering she did go, multiple times…

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, Julia Fox said:

Is it written in honor of the passing of Internet Explorer? :sosad:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.