Let’s address this Britney “talentless” myth

Slayn

8 hours ago, brainmaniac said:

But Taylor was originally on a repressive label and took the initiative to leave her label and find a label that gave her creative control. Even Gaga made sure to find a label that gave her control after her first deal didn’t work out.

And there are other artists from Britney’s time who fought their label and got the control they wanted. Even Justin Timberlake is on the same label as Britney and got control, so the label can’t be the issue. 

Seriously? It is not like Britney kept her mouth shut throughout it. Like I said, Britney has many times fought with her label to advance to greater heights of success in her career such as scrapping the OG Baby One More Time video concept, shedding her good-girl image, making Toxic a single, and many more. She has also expressed in the past of wanting to make her own label and I wish she did go ahead with that direction but it is what it is now, unfortunately. Her label definitely has a large play in this. When she wasn't satisfied with the product of Britney Jean, they literally reached to the abysmal point of hiring another singer to sing 70% of the album :rip: 

8 hours ago, brainmaniac said:

“Executive producer” is a vague title, which is often an honorary title though. Britney only co-wrote 2 songs, and produced 0 actual songs. Didn’t the producers of Umbrella say Britney never even heard the song? It’s one thing to not produce and barely write, but if she isn’t even listening to demos, she’s clearly not as hands on as you think, especially that era.

Did Britney take Umbrella, though? 

Anyway, if this is what the definition of executive producer is:-

The executive producer is responsible for business decisions and more recently, organizing the recordings along with the music producer

Then Britney was very much involved in this process. If I am not wrong, Britney had to fund many of the Blackout projects (@dirrtydiana???) and she was responsible for choosing which demos should be selected for the final product of the album. Britney is certainly not an artist that takes too much credit to her name.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dirrtydiana

• BionicWooHoo

• Homebrand

• Jay07

7 hours ago, TheRealGâteau said:

I agree, super ridiculous in fact. Gaga or Taylor (since you came up with them) each would've probably written or at least contributed lyrics and/or melodies for a song like Toxic. And you're trying to tell me that Britney for simply picking a song as a single should be praised as a talent, despite the fact that she doesn't have a single writing/poducing credit on the song?

Again, that is a hypothesis. I am not saying it is in particular a talent. In fact, if you read my post correctly, I previously mentioned that contrary to what is believed, her career wasn't totally handed to her. She had to fight for many things that eventually propelled her to greater heights in her career. If Toxic was kept aside and songs like Boom Boom and Outrageous were made singles, can you imagine what the condition of the era would have been? :rip: 

Besides picking Toxic as the single, Britney was also the one whom gave the concept for the now-iconic Toxic video. 

And please stop hiding between that "repressive" label excuse. Everyone's well aware that every artists will eventually take some kind of creative control if they got the talent to back it up. JT has already been mentioned from the same "repressive label" or, also mentioned, you leave and take matter into you own hand as the ultimate option. At the end of the day, if you can and want to do your own music, you will eventually. If you simply can't, however, others will do the job for you, as in the case of Toxic or Britney Spears in general.

Like I said earlier:

It is not like Britney kept her mouth shut throughout it. Like I said, Britney has many times fought with her label to advance to greater heights of success in her career such as scrapping the OG Baby One More Time video concept, shedding her good-girl image, making Toxic a single, and many more. She has also expressed in the past of wanting to make her own label and I wish she did go ahead with that direction but it is what it is now, unfortunately. Her label definitely has a large play in this. When she wasn't satisfied with the product of Britney Jean, they literally reached to the abysmal point of hiring another singer to sing 70% of the album :rip: 

Britney still asserted creative control in many of her records, especially 2001-2007. Even Glory had her very involved in the process and it is her most acclaimed record since Blackout.

21 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Like I said earlier:

Repeating the same fan-pics over and over again like a mantra, doesn't make them become a reality. 

Again, that is a hypothesis.

It's not, since both women, wether you like their music or not, evidently took a huge part of creative control over their music and even their entire brand. If you're here celebrating a woman for simply chosing a song as her next single that she had no contributions on at all and try to sell this as a huge talent, that's sad for you.  

Britney still asserted creative control in many of her records, especially 2001-2007

More fan-fic. Barely any credits on her musical output in that time span. Also this is contradicting to your narrative you tried to paint earlier on.

So what is it now: Was (pre-con) Britney a super talented singer/songwriter that simply wasn't allowed shine due to her repressive label (despite others prominently managing to do right that)? Or was she "asserting creative control in many of her records", but somehow they forgot to credit her for all her creative contributions?

Edited by TheRealGâteau

48 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Again, that is a hypothesis. I am not saying it is in particular a talent. In fact, if you read my post correctly, I previously mentioned that contrary to what is believed, her career wasn't totally handed to her. She had to fight for many things that eventually propelled her to greater heights in her career. If Toxic was kept aside and songs like Boom Boom and Outrageous were made singles, can you imagine what the condition of the era would have been? :rip: 

Besides picking Toxic as the single, Britney was also the one whom gave the concept for the now-iconic Toxic video. 

Like I said earlier:

Britney still asserted creative control in many of her records, especially 2001-2007. Even Glory had her very involved in the process and it is her most acclaimed record since Blackout.

Why tf are u even arguing with him?
He is literally an OBH troll

his opinion will never change

U are arguing with a WALL henny, stop that

ot; Ofc she is

But I guess hateful ATRLers know better than Legends who praised her and invited her on stage

like literally Madonna and Michael Jackson

and: Unnecessary thread, OP

5 minutes ago, TheRealGâteau said:

Repeating the same fan-pics over and over again like a mantra, doesn't make them become a reality. 

So does repeating hypothesis :cm: or denying facts. :rip: 

7 minutes ago, TheRealGâteau said:

It's not, since both women, wether you like their music or not, evidently took a huge part of creative control over their music and even their entire brand. If you're here celebrating a woman for simply chosing a song as her next single that she had no contributions on at all and try to sell this as a huge talent, that's sad for you.  

Oh my, when did I ever say that it was a talent? :rip: Can you please consider reading my post rather than twisting my words? Britney has participated in the process of writing 12/14 songs in the ITZ record, has given the concepts of many of her iconic videos (creativity is a skill), is a great performer and dancer, plays the piano and has crafted many songs with it like Everytime and Someday, and can sing nicely

7 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

Why are u even arguing with him?
He is literally an OBH troll

his opinion will never change

U are arguing with a WALL henny, stop that

True. It is futile to argue with these clowns. 

3 hours ago, Cleanromantic said:

All I'm gonna say is that Britney stans are the most delusional of anyone here :toofunny2:. They live on a complete alternative universe, bless their hearts :rip:.

Tea tbh

Atrl christina christina aguilera GIF - Find on GIFER

Yes. She pushed singles, wrote lyrics, had great ideas for visuals and choreo, but that's only the bare minimum. :michael:

She used to sing and dance like a pro and charisma (tone of the voice, personality, likability) made her standout.

Is It fair to call her talentless knowing that she never expressed her true self without rules or boundaries? I don't know.

Edited by Totami Legend

The mess in this thread. 

Anyway, Britney might not be the most talented person in the world but she has charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent. 

Her electrifying performances and music videos show that.

Her signature sexy vocals that make her dozen of timeless hits instantly recognizable show that. 

Her self penned songs such as Mona Lisa, Someday, Everytime, Remembrance Of Who Am, Untitled Lullaby and others show that.

The problem is Britney's sad predicament. She was JUST starting to find her own voice as a woman and as an artist with In The Zone/Chaotic/The Original Doll and later on Blackout, but that's when her creativity was cut short. She was tortured by the media and locked up in a conservatorship and her creativity wad squandered.

Just the other day she told us about her team throwing away over 130 pages of lyrics she wrote. I think that's so symbolic of her squandered potential as a song writer.

And as a performer? She used to have fire in her eyes while performing. She was like a tiger. But after 13 years of being forced to perform, being insulted by her team and constantly being told she's fat and ugly and dragged on those tours (Circus/Femme Fatale/Vegas) while obviously high on Valium, it made her lose passion. Of course now she doesn't want to touch the stage because they made it a triggering place for her.

Britney is extremely creative and unique, but she has been broken. We just saw glimpses of her brilliance because of the damage that they've done. And that is the biggest crime and waste. They wasted her best years. 

Edited by Pop

1 hour ago, TheRealGâteau said:

More fan-fic. Barely any credits on her musical output in that time span.

Britney literally have credits as the main writer in 11 out of 15 tracks in In the Zone, hat are you talking about?

Princess of Pop! <3 

Selena and the selenatoes always catching strays :dies:

2 hours ago, Pop said:

The mess in this thread. 

Anyway, Britney might not be the most talented person in the world but she has charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent. 

Her signature sexy vocals that make her dozen of timeless hits instantly recognizable show that. 

Her self penned songs such as Mona Lisa, Someday, Everytime, Remembrance Of Who Am, Untitled Lullaby and others show that.

The problem is Britney's sad predicament. She was JUST starting to find her own voice as a woman and as an artist with In The Zone/Chaotic/The Original Doll and later on Blackout, but that's when her creativity was cut short. She was tortured by the media and locked up in a conservatorship and her creativity wad squandered.

Just the other day she told us about her team throwing away over 130 pages of lyrics she wrote. I think that's so symbolic of her squandered potential as a song writer.

And as a performer? She used to have fire in her eyes while performing. She was like a tiger. But after 13 years of being forced to perform, being insulted by her team and constantly being told she's fat and ugly and dragged on those tours (Circus/Femme Fatale/Vegas) while obviously high on Valium, it made her lose passion. Of course now she doesn't want to touch the stage because they made it a triggering place for her.

Britney is extremely creative and unique, but she has been broken. We just saw glimpses of her brilliance because of the damage that they've done. And that is the biggest crime and waste. They wasted her best years. 

:clap3:

13 hours ago, dirrtydiana said:

she always did say she wanted a voice like xtinas :clap3:

They just can’t win :gaycat6:

As a Britney fan you are in no position to drag anyones vocals :rip: 

3 minutes ago, Ricardo1993 said:

At least Britney's vocals weren't used to torture inmates at Guantanamo. 

12 hours ago, brazil said:

I think there is an unfair perception of Britney's artistic input. Even her manager, Larry Rudolph (now persona non grata) talked about how she didn't get enough credit

13:00

She always had a carefree, beautiful, bolde vibe around her that made people undermine her artistically. The same is also somewhat true for post 2004 Mariah

No you did not just compare Britney to Mariah Carey :skull: 

12 hours ago, brazil said:

I'm not comparing her to Mariah, just saying there is a similarity in perception among the GP, that is inconsistent with their actual output. A lot of Gen Z who isn't so well versed in pop music just see Mariah as a Milf blonde bimbo, they have little knowledge of her artistry etc. This is the comparisson I tried to make

What? Gen Z views Mariah as a legend who is a vocalist. WBT trended on tiktok dozens of times during the pandemic and Its Like That with the chickens is ash and im lotion lyrics going viral. They view her as a legend even if some of them may not know many of her songs. 

12 hours ago, TheRealGâteau said:

Sure, singer/songwriter and music legend Mariah is the one that's perceived as the blonde bimbo. :bibliahh:

They really tried it :rip: 

6 hours ago, lovemehateme said:

ATRL acts like the only talent that exists is singing. Britney was once the best dancer and performer in the business. Also, some of her most iconic looks and videos were her idea. She's a visionary. 

Stay pressed. :foxaylove2:

No one is saying this. The problem is that Britney doesn't excel in any field. You don't need to be a good singer to still be a great performer but she's obviously no longer as great of a performer as she was during her peak and even then she still had some troubling performances. She is unable to put on a good show like Madonna, P!nk, Jennifer Lopez, etc etc. The last semi decent performance she gave was at the BBMAs 2016 but that was pretty much the only decent performance she pulled off since 2004. 

21 minutes ago, Ricardo1993 said:

No you did not just compare Britney to Mariah Carey :skull: 

What? Gen Z views Mariah as a legend who is a vocalist. WBT trended on tiktok dozens of times during the pandemic and Its Like That with the chickens is ash and im lotion lyrics going viral. They view her as a legend even if some of them may not know many of her songs. 

They really tried it :rip: 

No one is saying this. The problem is that Britney doesn't excel in any field. You don't need to be a good singer to still be a great performer but she's obviously no longer as great of a performer as she was during her peak and even then she still had some troubling performances. She is unable to put on a good show like Madonna, P!nk, Jennifer Lopez, etc etc. The last semi decent performance she gave was at the BBMAs 2016 but that was pretty much the only decent performance she pulled off since 2004. 

LMFAO, yall need to get out of atrl and gay twitter and see nobody is talking about legends or **** like that, Mimi is mainly know by the GP who grew up post 90s as a divaish blonde milf. Im saying this as someone who adores her, but this was even my perception prior to getting to know her old catalogue and getting better knowledge on pop music in general.

Edited by brazil

there is nothing to adress she is untalented.

and that's fine it worked for her

burden of proof is on that side to display how is she talented an if she ever was it ended circa 2004

On 5/4/2022 at 3:59 AM, Homebrand said:

Her peers like Beyoncé and Pink who debuted at a similar time only managed to get better as their careers progressed, but the same cant be said for Britney. Why is that? 

did you miss the news that she been drugged and artistically limited for the last 14 years?

she just posted on her insta how team CON threw away 133 pages of poems and songs she made

6 minutes ago, Pedro Labre said:

did you miss the news that she been drugged and artistically limited for the last 14 years?

she just posted on her insta how team CON threw away 133 pages of poems and songs she made

He didn't. OBHs are just psychopaths.

4 hours ago, Pop said:

The mess in this thread. 

This is the tea.

2 hours ago, Ricardo1993 said:

Who's dragging? :rip: 

at any rate, shift that same energy to the people dragging Britney who’s literally the sweetest girl in the industry. What makes you think any other stan has the right to drag Britney and we are just supposed to take it? Stay in school, kids :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.