Demi changes pronouns to they/she

mokitsu

10 minutes ago, Tiziano's Boy said:

Proud of them, I’m non-binary and my pronouns are he/they, so I mean the way I see it is that sometimes I like being called he/him, sometimes I like being called they/them, nothing wrong with Demi updating their pronouns at all.

For all of you making fun of Demi, grow the f*ck up, seriously, I’m sick of the transphobia, pronoun bashing and all out war against some trans and NB people on this site :biblio:

How are non-binary people trans exactly? Have you gone through any of the struggles trans people go through to become their desired gender, like hormone therapy, surgery, legally changing your name and gender, etc.? Sounds like you're just trying to co-opt trans struggles for clout and oppression points.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thatsmydemi

• NausAllien

• Ferret

• Rotunda

2 hours ago, Domination said:

Ultimately this entire cultural moment surrounding pronouns is extremely annoying both by those who think it’s edgy to refer to someone by pronouns that they don’t go by (half of y’all in here) and those who seek virtue by correcting people who accidentally use the wrong pronouns (the other half of y’all in here). It’s so chronically online and unproductive.

At the end of the day, Demi is someone who fits under the GSM umbrella and she has the right to express that however she chooses to, even if it means someday she just goes by she/her alone. It’s pretty sad how y’all use her as a scapegoat for obvious transphobia and disdain for gender non-conforming people.

100% agreed

I am a huge supporter of people identifying as non-binary, it’s too bad Mx. “The Customer is Always Right” is probably their biggest representation

Thank God.  Maybe I'll stan her new music.

And won't be attacked for saying her. Because I wasn't gonna stop either ******* way.

4 hours ago, NausAllien said:

Is it misgendering to use female pronouns for someone who was born female, presents as FEMALE, wears feminine clothing, wears feminine makeup, has a very feminine voice, has an extremely feminine voluptuous body, etc? I almost felt like I had to gaslight myself to AVOID using female pronouns when my senses were telling me "that's a woman."

I'm not trying to be hateful, I'm just being honest. It's bizarre that we can't use female pronouns for someone who was born female and presents as almost 100% female in every way.

you say the same dumb **** in every thread for the love of god shut the **** up and stop being dense for the sake of being dense. if they said their pronouns were they/them just ******* respect it lmao it’s literally an ongoing thing in every demi thread so i don’t understand how y’all haven’t grasped the concept and keep trying to play the whole “I slipped up xD” card when this discussion has been beat to death several times and it’s the SAME people in every single one. it’s not about you or what you see but what they’re telling you.

Good for her/them.

plus y’all keep saying demi presents as female when their look has changed DRASTICALLY. just because you have stereotypes around gender and gender identity doesn’t mean that nonbinary people have to

meet them for it to be valid

27 minutes ago, Bussea said:

you say the same dumb **** in every thread for the love of god shut the **** up and stop being dense for the sake of being dense. if they said their pronouns were they/them just ******* respect it lmao it’s literally an ongoing thing in every demi thread so i don’t understand how y’all haven’t grasped the concept and keep trying to play the whole “I slipped up xD” card when this discussion has been beat to death several times and it’s the SAME people in every single one. it’s not about you or what you see but what they’re telling you.

:rip: 

1 hour ago, Jynx672 said:

How are non-binary people trans exactly? Have you gone through any of the struggles trans people go through to become their desired gender, like hormone therapy, surgery, legally changing your name and gender, etc.? Sounds like you're just trying to co-opt trans struggles for clout and oppression points.

You’re an idiot as some non-binary people are also trans too, so you failed on that aspect, I have non-binary and trans friends too, not all non-binary people are trans and not all trans people are non-binary, gender is a spectrum,  and how the f*ck dare you accuse me of faking being non-binary? :biblio:

I hope they find happiness, she deserves to be on the journey of self discovery like everyone else. 

8 hours ago, Brando said:

never called her "they". never will. i'm glad i won't need to avoid pronouns when talking about her anymore 

My thoughts exactly :laugh:

At least now we get to call her whats she is and will always be :clap3:

This forum seemingly feels that you have to 'earn' not being misgendered as if basic human decency was some big grand prize. A big **** you to y'all

4 minutes ago, cOe said:

This forum seemingly feels that you have to 'earn' not being misgendered as if basic human decency was some big grand prize. A big **** you to y'all

I agree in principle. But I find this a little bit ironic and amusing because this is a forum full of catty pop music stans who don't respect anyone other than their faves. So expecting folks on here to have common decency or respect for others is probably the last thing y'all should be checking for. :rip: 

Edited by Sugar-Rush

I knew this was coming just because I knew Demi was going through a phase of finding herself and while I 100% believe she is non-binary I feel like she rushed to get it out that they feel comfortable going by they/them. The more she grows the more she’s finding herself, and evolving like all of us, so what if she doesn’t mind they/them or /she/her or any pronouns for that matter!

but personally I’m glad cause I always struggled after 12+ years of loving her and referring to her as a female it was hard to adjust and now I don’t have to feel bad for messing up 

Demi fans scrambling because she has to compete with the Main Pop Girls again

trisha-paytas-rokeitup.gif

The way ATRLers will attack a man if he pulls the same **** like this :toofunny3: wait they're doing it to Demi too. Anyway she's a lesbian I think, and not straight so I understand her to some extent, let's not be too rough on her

4 hours ago, Jynx672 said:

Why do you think we have anti-groomer bills now? The people who are yelling "mind your own business!" are doing anything but that.

How are you gonna compare someone’s personal choice of pronouns with being a child groomer? What the hell??

6 hours ago, Letemtalk said:

I imagine a bunch of people are having their WPs removed now. :clap3:

Hope none of them were banned.

Does this mean Demi is eligible for those 'most streamed female albums threads' again? @ariananext

Lol I thought the same! I can add Demi if y'all want

Non-Binary is the new emo/'fake bisexual' teas. Yawn. It's always these attention ***** types who identify as nOnbInaRy and CLING to the LGBT umbrella. I ask myself, how come in countries where being gay has legal consequences, u don't see as many people coming out as NoNbiNarY? Food 4 thot

the amount of stup1d 4ss losers in here... it's very concerning atp. there's absolutely nothing wrong with this and it's just none of your business :toofunny3:  foh

ot: happy for them :clap3:

Whatever she feels most comfortable with is great! It is sad to see people judging and attacking them for their own personal preference.

I knew this was coming

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.