Demi changes pronouns to they/she

mokitsu

4 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

It would save a lot of time and energy if instead of saying y’all don’t understand pronouns you just say you don’t like people using pronouns outside of he/him or she/her. Most of y’all are grown adults who are capable of comprehending it. It would be more intellectually honest to say you just don’t agree with it. 

You can dislike Demi or think they’re attention seeking all you want, but some of y’all just have a disdain for anyone that has a different conception of gender than you and it’s a little embarrassing that someone else’s identity gets you this hot and bothered. 

You are born female (******) or born male (*****). If anything, this Demi thing, the THEM/THEY change to the SHE that SHE is, proves how pronouns are just a new political social construct.

BED TIME with this joke!

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thatsmydemi

• NausAllien

• Ferret

• BLΔCKP!NK

39 minutes ago, KeirGrey said:

We always knew they / she would :dies:

Atrl mods need to issue you an apologey to you @Chemist

:lmao:i knew this ***** was not serious when she changed her pronouns. 

3 minutes ago, hardbrit said:

You are born female (******) or born male (*****). If anything, this Demi thing, the THEM/THEY change to the SHE that SHE is, proves how pronouns are just a new political social construct.

BED TIME with this joke!

What isn’t a social construct babe 

The state of this thread is just sad.

Most people mocking Demi are gay men who most likely were (and maybe still are) targets of queerphobia. One would think you would have compassion for other people but instead most of you just became the bullies you despised during your teen years.

I’m not the most knowledgeable person when the topic is the fluidity of pronouns but we should try to respect other queer people even if we don’t fully understand every existing concept.

Edited by diogozsz

Some of y’all are disgusting. 

a forum full of LGBT+ and half of y’all are boasting about your transphobia it’s truly pathetic. I get not liking Demi as a person or whatever but show the slightest bit of respect to not only them, but the non-binary users here as well. Demi doesn’t see your comment but the users here do. 

Demi still clearly prefers they/them since it’s not like they made a whole post about it and simply, they simply added Instagram labels (which their label probably has control over)

Edited by xXavril

28 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

The issue is that there’s a number of people on this website who go out of their way to express their disdain for trans or non-binary people, and will knowingly misgender people or rant about pronouns like old men cause they can’t conceive not being asses on an Internet forum. 

Yes they are trolls.

But expecting for everyone to keep up with the pronouns that X person wants, and changes every now and then is ridiculous.

Maybe at least don’t warn people, because Demi threads have been always a warning festival.

I personally think it’s unsustainable to expect everyone to know/care about the pronoun X person/celeb wants.

30 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

What do you mean by "some things", like awkward interview questions?

Pretty much, or just straight up transphobia. 

42 minutes ago, ninasayers said:

the fact that they're now also using she/her pronouns doesn't mean they aren't non binary anymore :skull: it's sad how clearly some users here don't understand what being non binary means and how they have no intention to understand either.

can’t believe there are people here saying they are not non binary for decided to add she/her to her pronouns… non binarism is a constant fight with find who you are and there’s a lot of people that can find their right pronoun later in life because the term is new and so it’s for society to accept it… but this comments are so expected on ATRL a gay ass forum that always make fun of minorities even more if they are celebs  

54 minutes ago, Communion said:

It feels like people outraged by this are missing the fact that the point of having such language is to help people realize where they are and help them work through the complex issue that is gender identity. It's also not lost on me how obnoxious people are to wanna mock a sexual abuse survivor for trying to figure out their gender when such often impacts how one perceives themselves and how to work through that. 

It's like getting mad at someone for being unsure if they're gay or bi despite such being a common thing many people with same sex attraction work through, particularly queer women having to work through what is their geniine feelings and what is compulsory heterosexuality. Would you get mad at someone who once identifies as bi deciding she was in fact a lesbian?

You're angry bexause you fail to understand sexuality and gender in the first place, which says more about the person angry especially if they're also queer. 

40 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

It would save a lot of time and energy if instead of saying y’all don’t understand pronouns you just say you don’t like people using pronouns outside of he/him or she/her. Most of y’all are grown adults who are capable of comprehending it. It would be more intellectually honest to say you just don’t agree with it. 

You can dislike Demi or think they’re attention seeking all you want, but some of y’all just have a disdain for anyone that has a different conception of gender than you and it’s a little embarrassing that someone else’s identity gets you this hot and bothered. 

18 minutes ago, xXavril said:

Some of y’all are disgusting. 

a forum full of LGBT+ and half of y’all are boasting about your transphobia it’s truly pathetic. I get not liking Demi as a person or whatever but show the slightest bit of respect to not only them, but the non-binary users here as well. Demi doesn’t see your comment but the users here do. 

Demi still clearly prefers they/them since it’s not like they made a whole post about it and simply, they simply added Instagram labels (which their label probably has control over)

The way some of you jumped down her throat within two seconds.

Ksganti Demilovato GIF - Ksganti Demilovato - Discover & Share GIFs

The mods who were giving out WPs for calling this woman "she" look like clowns now :gaynetcat4:

1 minute ago, Chris said:

The way some of you jumped down her throat within two seconds.

I mean, there were dozens of people who got WPs simply for using the "wrong" pronouns when referring to Demi for the past year or so. Of course people were salty.

the first page is already a dumpster fire, and i’m afraid that if i read the next 3 pages i’m going to have a ******* stroke.

Demi themselves even said that their pronouns will most likely change and they’re still using they/them pronouns so i don’t understand why y’all are trying to act like this is something to drag them for? but congrats ig y’all were hell bent on misgendering them anyways so

and those WPs yall received were well deserved because you were being NASTY and misgendered them on purpose to be funny and demean them :heart2:  just because their pronouns are she/them now doesn’t mean they were then and you knew that. be mad at yourselves x

I don't think people were trying to misgender Demi. I think people thought it was kinda suspicious with regards to the timing and it felt like Demi used this whole pronoun situation as a way to take heat off the whole frozen yogurt shop dilemma.

As someone whose life-long friend runs the trans youth club in Metrowest Boston and has worked with her extensively and discussed Demi extensively with her, I understand caution and care in anyone  that's survived drug/physical abuse trying to find their footing in gender identity in general which under the glare of the public eye is that much more difficult. I'm also perfectly fine with using they/them pronouns for anyone that wants to identify that way. 

All that being said, I have a bigger problem with anyone using their pronoun journey as any form of convenient deflection from other PR issues at the time and the timing remains suspect for reasons already mentioned in this thread.

I see people propping Demi up as a leading example for those that want to identify that way which would be fine if not for the nature the announcement came about in the first place. That is what I have a major problem with. There's identity and, regardless of her growth since that time, there's initially treating identity as another pet issue for headlines. I'd still hold it against her if not for the consistent chaos that seemingly still surrounds her career where I feel like I have no idea if she'll go off the rails again and for that, I just have pity for her overall.

1 hour ago, thatsmydemi said:

yes. Similar to Halsey and Kehlani, who also identify with both. 

But will still drag you for perceived offenses even if you do use the pronouns they/she declared to prefer. 

7 minutes ago, Bussea said:

and those WPs yall received were well deserved because you were being NASTY and misgendered them on purpose to be funny and demean them :heart2:  just because their pronouns are she/them now doesn’t mean they were then and you knew that. be mad at yourselves x

Is it misgendering to use female pronouns for someone who was born female, presents as FEMALE, wears feminine clothing, wears feminine makeup, has a very feminine voice, has an extremely feminine voluptuous body, etc? I almost felt like I had to gaslight myself to AVOID using female pronouns when my senses were telling me "that's a woman."

I'm not trying to be hateful, I'm just being honest. It's bizarre that we can't use female pronouns for someone who was born female and presents as almost 100% female in every way.

35 minutes ago, Sugar-Rush said:

I mean, there were dozens of people who got WPs simply for using the "wrong" pronouns when referring to Demi for the past year 

Which at the time were still the wrong pronouns - them adding additional pronouns they're comfortable with does not change that the people who were constantly *purposefully misgendering them* were doing so *knowing that they went by they/them* and were *intentionally still misgendering them with other pronouns*. 

21 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

Is it misgendering to use female pronouns for someone who asks to be addressed with other pronouns?*

Of course. What's confusing about that? Why do you wanna investigate their genitals or do an analysis of their entire life? 

If someone asks to be called by a certain set of pronouns, why would you want to call them anything else?

1 hour ago, BloodLuster said:

let me guess… a new album is coming ?

no I don’t think so, she hasn’t announced a new documentary yet 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.