Finally joined the Six Figure club!

Gaia

• ATRL Moderator

Congratulations!! I'm turning 26 next week and also having my yearly pay discussion. Supposedly there's a raise coming and I'm close to 6 figures... so I'm really hoping to pass that threshold next week too!

oprah-well-hello-lets-celebrate-that.gif

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gaia

• RideOrDie

• karron0624

• Ampersand13

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats. :clap3:I hope one day I can make more than 60k, but all my needs are met so I guess I'm fine? :rip:

Edited by Taste of Honey

Congrats sis

4 hours ago, Taste of Honey said:

Congrats. :clap3:I hope one day I can make more than 60k, but all my needs are met so I guess I'm fine? :rip:

Yeah, don't fall for all of that if you're happy and comfortable, sis. 60k is incredible :clap3:

Americans really set unrealistically high salary :deadbanana2:

Only C-level get 6 figures here in Europe. And most ppl live fine with less than half of that

12 hours ago, CaptainMusic said:

The NHS isn’t going anywhere. :skull: 

Anyway, I’m aware London is expensive as I literally live here and work in Westminster, yes making over $100k is obviously worthwhile but my point remains that you do need to make that much to live comfortably here at all as very few people under 35 even make that much and do just fine.  Most people who actually live in London and have experienced it would not say that:

https://www.reddit.com/r/UKPersonalFinance/comments/nzxqou/what_salary_do_you_actually_need_to_live_in_london/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Exactly :skull: And don't most Americans have like thousands of student debt as well? :skull: 

Imagine saying making less than 100k is living in poverty :rip: 

18 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

are you interested in being a cashpig? 

Are you? :thing:

wow the JUMP congrats sis even though you have to live in Texas :jonny5:

Congrats sis, you better book that ticket to see Adela once her lazy ass reveal the new dates for her Vegas gigs.

9 hours ago, Sept said:

Americans really set unrealistically high salary :deadbanana2:

Only C-level get 6 figures here in Europe. And most ppl live fine with less than half of that

I wouldnt say that. My London and Barcelona counterparts make the same salary as I do and we are not in the C-level (unless you count attorneys as c-level people by general nature). The average American salary is still around 52k. Comparatively, average British wage is 49k,  Spain is 29k, 50.5k for Germany,  42.5 for France, 67.5k in Australia,  73,050 in Canada (Jesus christ the **** am i doing in the Us). The US isnt even that out of place to Europe compared to Aus and Canada.

12 hours ago, karron0624 said:

I wouldnt say that. My London and Barcelona counterparts make the same salary as I do and we are not in the C-level (unless you count attorneys as c-level people by general nature). The average American salary is still around 52k. Comparatively, average British wage is 49k,  Spain is 29k, 50.5k for Germany,  42.5 for France, 67.5k in Australia,  73,050 in Canada (Jesus christ the **** am i doing in the Us). The US isnt even that out of place to Europe compared to Aus and Canada.

But American salary is extremely skewed between high-paying and low-paying jobs (like waiter's salaery is embarrassing :skull:). So using avg is not accurate. Far more people in the US have six figures (like in this thread) while it's very rare in Europe, even if you work for like let's say Google or Microsoft

On 4/28/2022 at 10:56 AM, Gaia said:

We did it kids :jonny:

As a senior citizen (26 yo) I finally bagged a job with a salary of $120k a year with a 10% annual bonus. Life's been super good work wise fortunately for me even though it started off ROUGH.

Graduated college in 2017 with a biology degree and these have been my salaries since:

2017: $20,000/yr (TX) - I was MISERABLE :skull: 

2018: $36,000/yr (CA) - Paycheck to paycheck as my CA is in LA :skull: 

2019: $58,000/yr (CA) - Finally when I could breathe financially and wasn't completely paycheck to paycheck

2020: $72,000/yr (CA) - When I was finally financially comfortable to buy things I wanted without worrying about bills.

2021: $78,000/yr (CA)

2022: $120,000/yr (TX)

The GROWTH :jonny: Time to buy all the Kpop albums from 2017-2019 I skipped out on :jonny5:

The way I was paycheck to paycheck in 2017 :rip: . 

And In TX

78,000 in Cali to $120,000 on TX is like quadrupling your salary.

Expect to live like an almost millionaire in TX bro (unless u’re in Austin)

Congratulation!

Hard work pays!

A good education is well worth the cost.

:clap3:

Edited by frenchyisback

Congratulations! You deserve it :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.