• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aristocrat

• Lovett

• Gerardo

• mxoonlight

Jeff Goldblum Confirmed to Play The Wizard in Wicked Films

Wicked has found its sentimental movie man. Jeff Goldblum will play The Wonderful Wizard of Oz in the films, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The films will star Cynthia Erivo as Elphaba, Ariana Grande as Glinda, Jonathan Bailey as Fiyero, Michelle Yeoh as Madame Morrible and Ethan Slater as Boq.

https://www.broadway.com/buzz/202766/jeff-goldblum-confirmed-to-play-the-wizard-in-wicked-films/

Keala Settle, Bowen Yang, Marissa Bode & more round out Wicked movie cast

Marissa Bode, Bowen Yang, Keala Settle, Bronwyn James, Aaron Teoh, and Michael Carmichael have joined the cast of Jon M. Chu's film adaptation of Wicked.

Deadline reports that Marissa Bode has joined the cast as Nessarose, Elphaba's younger sister. Bowen Yang and Bronwyn James will play Shiz University classmates Pfannee and ShenShen, respectively. Keala Settle will play Miss Coddle, with Aaron Teoh as Avaric and Michael Carmichael as Nikidik.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Keala-Settle-Bowen-Yang-Marissa-Bode-More-Round-Out-WICKED-Movie-Cast-20221209

• 3 weeks later...

this casting is excellent and im so happy filming has finally begun. this time next year the movies will be wrapped and we'll officially be starting the one year countdown. :clap3:

1 hour ago, Aristocrat said:

this casting is excellent and im so happy filming has finally begun. this time next year the movies will be wrapped and we'll officially be starting the one year countdown. :clap3:

And the six year countdown to AG7 :clap3: 

• 1 month later...
On 2/18/2023 at 4:39 AM, MrLovett said:

grabbing the votes of cynthia and ariana fans i see :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator

This cast is looking incredible!

• 3 weeks later...

The talent this is going to serve with not just Ariana & Cynthia, but newly minted Oscar winner Michelle Yeoh :jonny5: 

In 2 years? Bye 

2 minutes ago, Heartbreak Prince said:

Is the move to avoid Avatar 3?

Most likely, though I am not sure how smart this decision is as it is the same day a major Disney animation release is scheduled with it quite possibly being Frozen 3.

3 minutes ago, mystery said:

Most likely, though I am not sure how smart this decision is as it is the same day a major Disney animation release is scheduled with it quite possibly being Frozen 3.

Think it would be a bit too soon for Frozen 3 considering it was only announced last month, Disney have bookmarked late November until 2026 so I imagine either 2025 or 2026 will be Frozen 3. Disney animation have also been in a flop era recently so not sure Wicked would see them as a threat currently.

I knew this was gonna happen as as I saw The Way of Water smashing 

tbh it’d be better if it came out in the first week of November, or maybe even in Hallloween, but this is still great :clap3:

3 hours ago, MrLovett said:

It's next year. :skull:

We're 1 year and 8 months away from it lol it's basically 2 years

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.