Wicked | Cynthia Erivo & Ariana Grande | Trailer out now

Azulito

8 minutes ago, Peroxide said:

Streets are saying this is on going until late October…

PAY ACTORS THOSE RESIDUALS HOLLYWOOD.

:redface:

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aristocrat

• Lovett

• Gerardo

• mxoonlight

1 hour ago, Aristocrat said:

noooooooo :deadbanana4:

at least production was nearly finished, so hopefully there will be no release delays.

I will personally pay each and every one of the writers, I'll do it for the people

4 hours ago, wantedyoutogrow said:

I will personally pay each and every one of the writers, I'll do it for the people

Actors are on strike now as well, it's not just the writers.

Filming wrapped, Ariana's going back to the US tomorrow according to The Sun

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2023 at 3:35 PM, ariananext said:

Filming wrapped, Ariana's going back to the US tomorrow according to The Sun

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I heard only 10 days of shooting was left before the strike began, was it fake news?

12 hours ago, spiritboy said:

I heard only 10 days of shooting was left before the strike began, was it fake news?

No, that's true. Stephen Schwartz (the composer of the Wicked music) was visiting the set when it got shut down and he confirmed that to be true. 

7 hours ago, Aristocrat said:

No, that's true. Stephen Schwartz (the composer of the Wicked music) was visiting the set when it got shut down and he confirmed that to be true. 

Oh that sucks. They should’ve been allowed to complete movie in my opinion.

The trailer/teaser leaked, it's over 3 minutes long, it looks so good tho omg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ariananext said:

OMG??? I need to see it! :WAP:

Edited by Lovett

1 hour ago, ariananext said:

the one with bad quality/?

Yeah this is going to do gangbusters. I don’t get why they aren’t opening it over the Thanksgiving weekend though, is something else scheduled?

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Jessie said:

Yeah this is going to do gangbusters. I don’t get why they aren’t opening it over the Thanksgiving weekend though, is something else scheduled?

Wdym? They are opening it Thanksgiving weekend. The holiday movie weekends sometimes start on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and count for 5 days, rather than 2. 

As of right now there's an "untitled Disney animation" releasing the same day as Wicked. The week before it is supposed to be Gladiator 2 as of right now, but it's likely that could get pushed back depending on how long the strike goes on since they had to pause production very early into filming. The only major films set for release after Wicked are Sonic The Hedgehog 3, Marvel Thunderbolts, and a Jordan Peele movie. Avatar 3 was near then as well but it got pushed to 2025.

• Like 1

The leaked Cinema Con footage is jaw dropping :jonny5: the fact that it's all low quality, unfinished, very rough footage and it STILL looks that good... I feel like expectations are going to be exceeded. It seems that Universal is sparing no expense with this movie, and I hope they keep that same energy for the press tour/marketing campaign cause this has the potential to be a huge hit. 

7 hours ago, Aristocrat said:

Wdym? They are opening it Thanksgiving weekend. The holiday movie weekends sometimes start on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and count for 5 days, rather than 2. 

As of right now there's an "untitled Disney animation" releasing the same day as Wicked. The week before it is supposed to be Gladiator 2 as of right now, but it's likely that could get pushed back depending on how long the strike goes on since they had to pause production very early into filming. The only major films set for release after Wicked are Sonic The Hedgehog 3, Marvel Thunderbolts, and a Jordan Peele movie. Avatar 3 was near then as well but it got pushed to 2025.

Ignore me, I looked up Thanksgiving 2024 and Google told me the date for this year instead :toofunny3:

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Aristocrat said:

we're officially one year away from part one releasing in theaters :duca:

did they finish it? wasnt filming delayed right when the strike happened?

3 hours ago, popstyle said:

did they finish it? wasnt filming delayed right when the strike happened?

No, it hasn't finished. Jonathan Bailey said in a recent interview that they are returning to shoot the final 10 days very soon. 

• 1 month later...

This gonna flop so hard is my prediction. Why on earth is it 2 parts 

1 hour ago, family.guy123 said:

This gonna flop so hard is my prediction. Why on earth is it 2 parts 

I could see part 1 selling a fair amount of tickets, but once the casuals realize there's a part 2...backlash. And I doubt most will end up seeing the second part. It's just going to be a mess. 

Hope they get me though and I'm proven wrong! I've been waiting forever for a movie adaptation. 

27 minutes ago, AndresVanDeKamp said:

I could see part 1 selling a fair amount of tickets, but once the casuals realize there's a part 2...backlash. And I doubt most will end up seeing the second part. It's just going to be a mess. 

Hope they get me though and I'm proven wrong! I've been waiting forever for a movie adaptation. 

at least it can't get worse than the "2-part" divergent finale, where part 1 did so badly they cancelled part 2.

Wicked movie is now a verified account on TikTok. Seems like promo is about to begin! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.