• Stan.killah

• Bloo

• Espresso

• Domination

Watch him let Trump come back

5 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

Watch him let Trump come back

That is the 1st thing that is going to happen LOL

Why people complaining? What did he do aside from being  a billionaire?

Dude is so insecure. I cannot imagine being the richest man on the planet and still being so obsessed with how people view me and so obsessed with control over what people say. The right sure loves to rag on Bill Gates and other billionaires, but at least they're minding their business and doing their own **** for all intents and purposes. This is just an ego move by this man and it's sad that Twitter has caved into it. But money talks so it's not surprising.

the dramatics in here :clown:  what is he gonna do to twitter exactly ? 

also there isnt much to ruin, twitter is the worldwide capitol of toxicity and bullshit 

15 minutes ago, Ferret said:

He is racist, transphobic and misogynist.

Welp she had good run, someone should start a similar app for us :rip:

The overdramatic people here when Twitter is already the pits 

3 minutes ago, HauntinglyHollow said:

also there isnt much to ruin, twitter is the worldwide capitol of toxicity and bullshit 

If you've been paying attention over the past five years, Twitter is the go-to place for propaganda and right-wing lies. Elon being a far-right incel and a fake "free speech absolutist" is only going to ensure this continues to happen but on an even bigger scale. In addition, this is only going to embolden the right because they seem to think Elon is on their side.

King :clap3:

Yikes. Get ready for some sort of TwikTok. She’s coming to snatch. 

10 minutes ago, HauntinglyHollow said:

You can get suspended for harassment, attacks on race/disability/religion/gender/sexuality. He wants to bring ‘free speech’ to the app which means it’ll be a free for all. Just a bunch of trolls calling people the N word, the ***, being misogynistic as **** etc. without repercussions. 

Edited by ABeyBraith

Thankfully I barely use Twitter anymore so I guess I'll deactivate my account

24 minutes ago, Ferret said:

He is buying Twitter because he doesn't like people getting banned. Most people that have been banned are far-righ nutjobs that will all comeback making a mess

Wait, wouldn't this make sites like Truth Social and all the other right-wing Twitter alternatives useless? :rip: Trump supporters love Elon buying Twitter but aren't realizing it's going to cause a huge loss in money for Truth Social. :ahh: 

• ATRL Moderator

I've needed a reason to delete my Twitter anyway.

Elon just days ago retweeted blatant disinformation about a quote from Mika Bresinski (who I’m not a fan of by any stretch) that was thoroughly fact-checked by the AP and he never took it down nor retracted it, nor did he apologize. Just the latest in a long list.

I’ve thought a lot about this. Should disinformation be allowed to flourish under the banner of free-speech.

Elon has a political agenda he disguises as trolling. Let’s be very clear. 

Like most lightning rods, I’d argue there’s just as many people that despise him and follow everything he does as his drooling fanboys. The same will likely apply to every single action he’ll end up taking with the platform because of its larger implications. That’s a good thing.

Nothing takes the place of media literacy and teaching the initiative to actually follow-up on what you’re reading to see if it’s true as opposed to following it blindly, regardless of where it’s coming from. The fact that we have enough of a populous not willing to do that is bigger than this fight over Elon and long before any disinformation on Facebook from bots, etc. 

More free speech combating the disinformation that will also be allowed on Twitter as a result of Elon’s actions would work in theory if enough of the globe would take the opportunity to seek out reality as opposed to a blaring headline of disinfo that the algorithms on, say, a Facebook especially tend to direct you to that are based on emotion, not logic. The problem is most (well enough of a minority of people) don’t do that, and on many other platforms especially, won’t, so the narrative that’s false on any story will be believed by millions.

This country and globe’s already ****ed so I don’t have the energy to be worried about this and will continue using Twitter until we see the full extent of his damage in about a year in which case I’ll probably go.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.