• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• BGXKB

• Squall

• awesomepossum

2 minutes ago, BGXKB said:

I called something homophobic and someone told me to get help. That’s offensive.

Because you called them homphobic for no reason, I was also quoted, remember? :deadbanana4:

5 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Because you called them homphobic for no reason, I was also quoted, remember? :deadbanana4:

Oh being called homophobic is an insult but being called gay isn’t? 

and not even I said their vitriolic response to my calling a song homophobic came across as sounding a bit homophobic and I think proceeding to tell me to get help makes them even more suspected of being homophobic. :coffee:

Edited by BGXKB

3 minutes ago, BGXKB said:

I called two songs by extremely privileged rich wealthy cishet white women homophobic (not the women themselves) and I’m being attacked and called an obsessed hater making strawmen. :ahh:

Yes, talking about the classification of homosexuality as a mental illness is definitely not a strawman :rip:

No one called you an obsessive hater, just that you're being absolutely ridiculous for using one line from a 15 year old song that was changed that very same year as a jumping off point to get on this random soapbox you seem to be on :rip:

Just now, Headlock said:

Yes, talking about the classification of homosexuality as a mental illness is definitely not a strawman :rip:

No one called you an obsessive hater, just that you're being absolutely ridiculous for using one line from a 15 year old song that was changed that very same year as a jumping off point to get on this random soapbox you seem to be on :rip:

You are the only one who keeps trying to make this about Taylor when I am clearly responding to one user who told me to get help for calling something homophobic. 

1 minute ago, BGXKB said:

Oh being called homophobic is an insult

It's not an insult, it's ridiculous :deadbanana4:

You also called me homophobic for literally no reason, you're throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks :rip:

Just now, BGXKB said:

You are the only one who keeps trying to make this about Taylor when I am clearly responding to one user who told me to get help for calling something homophobic. 

Because this thread is about Taylor omfg :deadbanana4:

They told you to seek help for calling THEM homophobic for accurately calling out your nonsense, just like you did to me :deadbanana4: :deadbanana4:

2 hours ago, Digitalism said:

Exactly imagine the suicidal 13 year old gay boys listening to this and how good they must have felt because she wrote it when she was 13 and not as adult. It changes everything

:skull: I can assure you there were no suicides committed because of the 2006 album version of a Taylor Swift song

6 hours ago, Saintlor said:

Her team have blocked the copyright of the audio on tiktok so nobody can re-use the sound on their video

Now this is homophobic

CV5BlX0WwAAYH8l.jpg

9 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Because this thread is about Taylor omfg :deadbanana4:

They told you to seek help for calling THEM homophobic for accurately calling out your nonsense, just like you did to me :deadbanana4: :deadbanana4:

Yeah the thread’s about Taylor that doesn’t mean everything I’m saying about homophobia is about Taylor I don’t know how you got that interpretation or why you keep trying it after I’ve explained many many times now that’s not what I meant. 

Everything I said was 100% true where’s the nonsense? I said Taylor was 12 and can’t be held accountable for it anymore you two kept quoting me accusing me of being mean to Taylor. I don’t know what’s wrong here.

No in fact I literally explained this was just another example of homophobia in popular culture and cited other examples of homophobia in popular culture so the conversation became about homophobia in popular culture and not just this one instance of it so you guys are either not reading my earlier posts or something but trying to dismiss everything I’m saying is not going to work.

Edited by BGXKB

5 minutes ago, BGXKB said:

Yeah the thread’s about Taylor that doesn’t mean everything I’m saying about homophobia is about Taylor I don’t know how you got that interpretation or why you keep trying it after I’ve explained many many times now that’s not what I meant. 

Please point me to where I said that :deadbanana4:

6 minutes ago, BGXKB said:

Everything I said was 100% true where’s the nonsense? I said Taylor was 12 and can’t be held accountable for it anymore you two kept quoting me accusing me of being mean to Taylor. I don’t know what’s wrong here.

The nonsense you bringing up the entire history of discrimination against homosexuality :deadbanana4:

1 minute ago, Headlock said:

Please point me to where I said that :deadbanana4:

The nonsense you bringing up the entire history of discrimination against homosexuality :deadbanana4:

History is nonsense? I think we’re done here. 

I know some gays have death wishes and humiliation kinks but that doesn’t mean you can be a Christian Walker and say that homophobia is okay for the rest of us.

We’re all getting riled up now by Billie Eilish’s fave Taylor Swift song?

Fake news, everybody knows Kaylor is the real thing. Guys are just beards

Spoiler

Local Recaps: Yes, I'm a Kaylor Stan Now | by Andie Kanaras | NYU Local

Another day, another fake outrage about Taylor using old news. Tomorrow we circle back to the white supremacy narrative using that picture from Katy's birthday party, and next week we'll come back to this again. Just like clockwork. :lmao:

Also if anyone here is actually genuinely offended by this, I pity you because you'd have a full mental breakdown browsing the internet in 2010. Or hell, even browsing the internet outside ATRL today :dies:  Go out, touch grass and experience the world outside your little stan world bubble every once in a while. There are far worse things happening to the LGBTQIA+ community than a pop star calling someone gay in a song they wrote when they were in 8th grade. 

The irony considering she's bearded several times (allegedly)

CV5BlX0WwAAYH8l.jpg

the way gaga is in the only mpg that was genuinely an ally from day one

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, BGXKB said:

I mean not anymore but when it came out and the song was playing like this yeah it was bad and never felt right before I even understood what gay was. Some users are trying to minimize it or silence us from talking about it, which I think suggests they are offended by the very discourse.

I really need people to focus their energy on actual homophobic things like Florida’s “don’t say gay” legislation and not this relatively anodyne lyric. She doesn’t even give an explicit value judgment to homosexuality in the song. Come on.

• ATRL Moderator
52 minutes ago, BGXKB said:

I know some gays have death wishes and humiliation kinks but that doesn’t mean you can be a Christian Walker and say that homophobia is okay for the rest of us.

I’m absolutely cackling. Can you please explain the homophobia for the self-loathing fags in the class?

Thinking Of You
8 hours ago, Janet said:

All these girlies doing lgbt ally just for clout ddd 

Not even just that. When she had a black love interest in the “Lover” video all these years later. Like please :skull: 

Edited by Thinking Of You

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.